• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Seems like it, though im curious if people will argue against it scaling to physicals due to it being a feat of creation rather than destruction, same with the universe level stuff
Wait, why would that be the case? I thought the standard was that it takes more energy to create something as opposed to destroying, so if you created something on a specific scale then you would scale to it destructive capability wise.

Wait, why would that be the case? I thought the standard was that it takes more energy to create something as opposed to destroying, so if you created something on a specific scale then you would scale to it destructive capability wise.
Beats me lol, just wanted to make sure we have our bases covered in case that argument comes up

Not exactly, the comic story took place between volumes 2 and 3 and had the JL as just peoiple from remnant, while the film has the actual justice league pulled into Remnant, its not an alternate timeline
Well yes and no. It started out with them as basically JL in the Renmnat world as normal people. But Jessica Cruz showed up she implied otherwise. Also I know about the timeline difference hence me saying the alternate timeline stuff. Because this story probably still happens between V2 and V3, but they either have future memories or they are being brainwashed and manipulated (probably by Starro and/or Salem).

So the movie gives an interesting explanation behind why this movie takes place between Volume 8 and 9, and I'll put it in the spoiler tab just in case any of y'all care about going in blind.

It turns out this movie takes place in a virtual reality of Remnant, specifically Volume 1-3 Remnant, because one of Flash's enemies known as Kilgore collaborated with some guy to simultaneously destroy the Justice League and Team RWBY and JNPR.
Now you may ask "Is it Salem that teamed up with Kilgore?", and the answer is I'm unsure because Kilgore refers to male pronouns when referring to his partner during the last battle and Ruby mentions at the end of the movie that the VR was made by someone on Remnant. So it's possible that part 2 may involve an entirely new antagonist, or it's a preexisting character that's a wizard with technology

So the movie gives an interesting explanation behind why this movie takes place between Volume 8 and 9, and I'll put it in the spoiler tab just in case any of y'all care about going in blind.

It turns out this movie takes place in a virtual reality of Remnant, specifically Volume 1-3 Remnant, because one of Flash's enemies known as Kilgore collaborated with some guy to simultaneously destroy the Justice League and Team RWBY and JNPR.
Now you may ask "Is it Salem that teamed up with Kilgore?", and the answer is I'm unsure because Kilgore refers to male pronouns when referring to his partner during the last battle and Ruby mentions at the end of the movie that the VR was made by someone on Remnant. So it's possible that part 2 may involve an entirely new antagonist, or it's a preexisting character that's a wizard with technology
Watts maybe?

Watts maybe?
Someone on the RWBY Reddit community theorized it could be Dr. Merlot from Grimm Eclipse. We know that GE is considered canon to the continuity, and though I haven't played GE myself apparently he's both some technological wizard and is obsessed with the Grimm so there is a possibility that Merlot could be the one who collaborated with Kilgore.
Still, I personally want to know how Kilgore came into contact with Remnant....possibly multiversal shenanigans?/ISPOILER]

Someone on the RWBY Reddit community theorized it could be Dr. Merlot from Grimm Eclipse. We know that GE is considered canon to the continuity, and though I haven't played GE myself apparently he's both some technological wizard and is obsessed with the Grimm so there is a possibility that Merlot could be the one who collaborated with Kilgore.
Still, I personally want to know how Kilgore came into contact with Remnant....possibly multiversal shenanigans?/ISPOILER]
That would make sense too

And yeah, RWBY has had a multiverse for a long time

That would make sense too

And yeah, RWBY has had a multiverse for a long time
Because of the Justice League x RWBY comic right? Fair enough.
Man 2023 really has been one of the best years for RWBY, huh? Volume 9 has thus far been aces and one of the best volumes in the show's history, a decent game I guess (haven't played Arrowfell but might give it a shot at some point), and a few crossovers with DC in the form of the full length movie and Batman crossover comic.

Actually, no. It's clear by the end of the movie that Team RWBY and JNR are still in Atlas, and that Atlas hasn't fallen nor have RWBY and Jaune fallen into Ever After. That would explain what the writers meant when they said the movie takes place between Volume 8 and 9.
That makes no sense....doesn't that mean it takes place during or before V8? There is no "between" V8 and V9. Also if Arthur is still alive then its definitely during or before V8.

Honestly, volume 8 in general is a really, really bizarre volume for them to have this set in seeing as it literally takes place nonstop over the course of two days and the teams had like no time whatsoever to do anything other than the stuff we saw
Someone on Reddit suggested that it could take place after Volume 7 but I don't know if that works or not. Regardless, I hope Part 2 does tell us where in the timeline this movie takes place in

Honestly, volume 8 in general is a really, really bizarre volume for them to have this set in seeing as it literally takes place nonstop over the course of two days and the teams had like no time whatsoever to do anything other than the stuff we saw
Well more like 2 and a half days

Back