• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Neo makes a whole ass house in the latest episode. What with like lights and such. Like a giant ass construct. Could that be comparable to Vine’s constructs? Like, either way, we all agree that Neo massively upscales from him at this point, right?

I guess what I am asking is, could Neo replicate Vine’s feat of the bomb due to them being able to create constructs?

Neo makes a whole ass house in the latest episode. What with like lights and such. Like a giant ass construct. Could that be comparable to Vine’s constructs? Like, either way, we all agree that Neo massively upscales from him at this point, right?

I guess what I am asking is, could Neo replicate Vine’s feat of the bomb due to them being able to create constructs?
There's no way to determine that and I don't its really worth considering. I am wondering if Neo can copy semblances since she can copy appearances, personalities, fighting styles, the unique properties of the Jabawalker, AND she SOMEHOW made fake Penny control her magic maiden swords like Penny....despite not having maiden powers herself. Also she replicated everyone's weapons and ammo. Most notably, Leo combines and fires different dust types.

There's no way to determine that and I don't its really worth considering. I am wondering if Neo can copy semblances since she can copy appearances, personalities, fighting styles, the unique properties of the Jabawalker, AND she SOMEHOW made fake Penny control her magic maiden swords like Penny....despite not having maiden powers herself. Also she replicated everyone's weapons and ammo. Most notably, Leo combines and fires different dust types.
Honestly she probably could

I mean, just by the feats, it’s pretty solid already that she scales above Vine. She’s capable of making MULTIPLE clones, up to like six of them, who can fight like their originals and even use their weapons in combat, with each of them being comparable to regular Team RWBY in terms of speed and power.
Each of them can also take multiple hits before being broken apart too.
And this is all fueled by Neo’s aura, her energy bar. Her aura is so huge that it can create and maintain all of this like it’s nothing.

I mean, just by the feats, it’s pretty solid already that she scales above Vine. She’s capable of making MULTIPLE clones, up to like six of them, who can fight like their originals and even use their weapons in combat, with each of them being comparable to regular Team RWBY in terms of speed and power.
And this is all fueled by Neo’s aura, her energy bar. Her aura is so huge that it can create and maintain all of this like it’s nothing.
Neo is definitely stronger then she originally was in vol 7/8

What stuff have we seen so far from her? Besides Duplication we have:

Power Mimicry, Limited Immortality Negation Type 4 from the Jabberwalker, Energy Projection, since her clones aren’t using Dust for their weapon projectiles and instead comes from her Semblance, Weapon Creation for her clone’s weapons, Construction/Creation for the mansion, and maybe Hive Mind, since the clones share her consciousness yet have personality of their own.

Last edited:
What stuff have we seen so far from her? Besides Duplication we have:

Power Mimicry, Limited Immortality Negation Type 4 from the Jabberwalker, Energy Projection, since her clones aren’t using Dust for their weapon projectiles and instead comes from her Semblance, Weapon Creation for her clone’s weapons, Construction/Creation for the mansion, and maybe Hive Mind, since the clones share her consciousness yet have personality of their own.
And to think the cat gets all of this via their neo fusion

also neo gets fire manipulation via Leo's clone

Wouldn't any replication of Dust just also be Neos illusions instead of making an actual fire

At this point shes a borderline reality warper though so lmao

Screenshot_20230411-111607_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230411-111624_Twitter.jpg

Scans showing the God brothers made the ever after

Funnily enough thats something Neo has always been able to do, she did something similar in the novel by mking an entire illusory city block

Ye, she's been strong for a while, even in the prequel its established that she maintains her semblance actively as a passive 24/7, her appearance as a whole is a result of her semblance constantly making her look how she does, even when she has been KOed

Oh that's only EC Myers book I didn't read. I didn't know that. Any other interesting information?
Neo is one of the best assassins on the planet and was trained by the best spy and assassination schools on Remnant. Same with Melanie and Militia Malachite.

Neo actually has multiple personalities, her real name is Trivia Vanille and Neopolitan is her imaginary friend that she created as a form of escapism, who she then allowed to take control of her

Neo has always been mute and has attempted to use her illusions to communicate verbally before, but up until this season she could only ever make warped, inhuman sounding voices so she just opted not do do so

Roman is weirdly skilled, he casually skill stomped two pro huntsmen simultaneously

Its a rather good book overall, and gives backstory to a lot of characters from before the start of the series

Neo is one of the best assassins on the planet and was trained by the best spy and assassination schools on Remnant. Same with Melanie and Militia Malachite.
Malachite Sister huh? They don't really seem impressive but I guess its more so a testament to Yang's strength rather than their weakness.
Neo actually has multiple personalities, her real name is Trivia Vanille and Neopolitan is her imaginary friend that she created as a form of escapism, who she then allowed to take control of her
I knew about the personalities. Didn't know she let it take over.
Neo has always been mute and has attempted to use her illusions to communicate verbally before, but up until this season she could only ever make warped, inhuman sounding voices so she just opted not do do so
Sad but realistic

From what I remember:

Flight, Body Control, Energy Projection, Possession, Size Manipulation, Teleportation, Invisibility, whatever sharing their Heart is, and Mind Manipulation, since they changed that bird’s purpose to fight the Jabberwalker.
+ all of neos powers and whatever turning yourself into a cloud of energy to fly away is

• Healing: They have an ability to calm a person down by sharing a piece of their heart. They use this on the Red Prince to calm him down after he loses the game, and on the Herbalist after he uses his mist on Team RWBY. This allows the recipient to decide either to continue performing their role or seek a new one at the tree.
  • Transportation: They have the ability to transport to any place they wish to go. They can do this in two ways: a quick burst of movement that results in them turning into purple and blue polygons as they travel, or in a bright flash of light that teleports them and nearby people to a completely different area.
  • Invisibility: They are able to turn and remain invisible, and selectively make body parts visible, such as their eyes, mouth, and face markings.
  • Body Separation: The upper and lower halves of their body can split off and reconnect easily, functioning independently of each other.
  • Levitation: They can levitate in the air with great mobility.
  • Purpose Alteration: They have ability to change the purpose of Afterans and give them new ones. The Afteran emits a cyan line flare eyes which was seen when they used it on Hawker.
  • Emotion colors: In “Confessions Within Cumulonimbus Clouds”: They can change the tone of their fur depending on their current moods. When they feel sad their fur patterns starts slightly faded away.

INB4 the tree remakes Ruby into Summer Rose and then with the time travel theyre going to be doing at the end of this season Ruby gets sent back in time and becomes her own mom

So I forgot. What stuff are we tackling next? I assume we're waiting for the volume to finish before adding anything from it. But what do we have in the meantime?

Back