• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

The only character she wouldnt have known is Theodore, everyone else she either met directly or saw over the course of the show
Not enough to mimic their fighting styles or know well about their deaths lol, Clover, Leo and Ironwood basically, probs Pyrrha too, but they'll never make it clear now.

Though speaking of this new episode.

Doesn't this all but confirm that Neo should beat Himoko Toga in pretty most stats, but more specifically hax? Her Semblance is just too much for Toga to handle in my perspective

Why is this in any doubt? Toga with Twice' blood maybe, but even then she cant even use other quirks like Ochako's anymore. Neo can just copy all these different duplicates of huntsmen/creatures now, on top of insane illusion game, and overall feels a lot more skilled than Toga with her weapon. Aura will prevent Toga from drawing blood easily, but even then shes not gonna be able to 'love' Neo enough to copy her powers, since she doesn't talk.

Himiko's best match is Genocider Syo easily cmon

Last edited:
Why is this in any doubt? Toga with Twice' blood maybe, but even then she cant even use other quirks like Ochako's anymore. Neo can just copy all these different duplicates of huntsmen/creatures now, on top of insane illusion game, and overall feels a lot more skilled than Toga with her weapon. Aura will prevent Toga from drawing blood easily, but even then shes not gonna be able to 'love' Neo enough to copy her powers, since she doesn't talk.

Himiko's best match is Genocider Syo easily cmon
Yeah that's true, I just figured that there would be some who still believed that Toga stands a chance and that the match up was debatable.

Well after this episode? I don't think that's the case no more, like now it'd be a straight up massacre

Yeah that's true, I just figured that there would be some who still believed that Toga stands a chance and that the match up was debatable.

Well after this episode? I don't think that's the case no more, like now it'd be a straight up massacre
I’ve heard some weird stats for Toga. From building all the way to country.

I mean i wouldnt underestimate Toga copying Twice's Sad Man Parade, whose clearly able to duplicate himself quicker and faster than Neo can, but yeah this aint really a fitting match

will ascended rwby have a different semblance? Or will it be the same because it is basically the same soul?
Well, it's based on your traits as a person, not just the soul itself. I guess you could say it comes down to ego or identity. So it's possible she gets a different semblance and appearance. I imagine her face structure will remain the same or very similar.

RWBYV9reGnosis1.png

I ain't going to lie, as much of a emotional whiplash that it would be....I'd burst a kidney laughing if the Curious Cat's sole reason for wanting to go to Remnant is to ask his creators why they left for milk and didn't return.

I stopped watching RWBY. But I keep on seeing people call ruby homophobic. what happened?

TLDR; Yang and Blake became a couple at the end of Episode 6 of Volume 9, and while Ruby is having a mental breakdown she basically shows annoyance at them entering a relationship while she is suffering mentally. The internet made a meme out of it, and now Ruby is a homophobe

I stopped watching RWBY. But I keep on seeing people call ruby homophobic. what happened?
She basically pointed out how completely unrelated Bumblebee was to their situation stuck in the Ever After sarcastically while popping off at everyone

. As much as im glad they just got it over and done with instead of the continued ship-baiting, it just felt like a scene shoved in rather than to advance the current predicament RJWBY need to desperately get out of, and the writers acknowledge as such

She basically pointed out how completely unrelated Bumblebee was to their situation stuck in the Ever After sarcastically while popping off at everyone

. As much as im glad they just got it over and done with instead of the continued ship-baiting, it just felt like a scene shoved in rather than to advance the current predicament RJWBY need to desperately get out of, and the writers acknowledge as such
But bumblebee was planned from the start of the show...

Also because they had to get together to set up ruby being Jealous that they sorted out their feelings while she never did

But bumblebee was planned from the start of the show...
Im sure it was 💀 Thats why they tried shipping Blake and Sun. Creators can say anything they want after the fact, but they cant change the past when it very obviously wasn't just Bumblebee from the start. RWBY fandom mainly gets its following from shipping as of recent, the rest are all just painfully aware of how RWBYs writing is just wasted potential all around, but love the concept and fighting from the Monty era

At most you can expect creators to know ALL of their characters will be shipped with just about anyway (Even though i wish Yang and Blakes initial characters had more to them), but this scene clearly wasn't planned out from the beginning.

Im sure it was 💀 Thats why they tried shipping Blake and Sun. Creators can say anything they want after the fact, but they cant change the past

At most you can expect creators to know ALL of their characters will be shipped with just about anyway (Even though i wish Yang and Blakes initial characters had more to them), but this scene clearly wasn't planned out from the beginning.
They literally said it was, wtf are you saying

You know people don't stay with the frist crush they have right?

They literally said it was, wtf are you saying

You know people don't stay with the frist crush they have right?
Again, creators can say whatever they want after-the-fact. Its not an uncommon thing. Its not necessarily completely wrong but theres not much suggesting Bumblebee was from the very start when like, they spent a good few volumes on Blacksun. Characters interacting in any capacity doensnt mean theyre just there to be shipped

They can have a first crush or whatever, but that doesn't mean this concept was planned right from the very start. Bumblebee just got very popular, and you can tell how much its been shoved in

Again, creators can say whatever they want after-the-fact. Its not an uncommon thing. Its not necessarily completely wrong but theres not much suggesting Bumblebee was from the very start when like, they spent a good few volumes on Blacksun. Characters interacting in any capacity doensnt mean theyre just there to be shipped

They can have a first crush or whatever, but that doesn't mean this concept was planned right from the very start. Bumblebee just got very popular, and you can tell how much its been shoved in

Like come on

Yeah ive seen the video

They never elaborate on Bumblebee in the first clip, and just say they're open to making queer characters in any capacity (Which is fine, but you arent exactly gonna say no to that question at all without being an asshole)

They blatantly stated they wrote the bridge scene in 2020 (around V8), so its clear its just been edged in despite not being a central focus, that they got through with Ruby's words.

Bumblebee is completely fine other than how lackluster Blake and Yangs sideplots have been imo, even to the point its blatantly obvious Yang gves more af about Blake than Ruby, but you cant exactly always trust when creators say 'Oh yeah we totally planned this since the beginning'. Stories go through multiple changes and ideas as they go on, but in particular its very obvious how they've made it so that Yang and Blakes relationship gradually became romantic, especially with such an insistent fanbase.
Bumblebee is just one of the biggest draws to the show and the creators know this

Didn't the voice actresses for Blake and Yang state during some podcast after Episode 6 that Bumblebee had been planned to be a thing over 10 years ago, i.e. when the first season of RWBY was first airing but they had to remain lip tight about it until it actually happened? It sounds like even when Monty was still alive, the end result was for Blake and Yang to get together.

As for Blake and Sun? Honestly I can't really comment on that one, though I guess you could argue that their relationship is that of close friends who occasionally flirt with each other in a platonic manner.

Didn't the voice actresses for Blake and Yang state during some podcast after Episode 6 that Bumblebee had been planned to be a thing over 10 years ago, i.e. when the first season of RWBY was first airing but they had to remain lip tight about it until it actually happened? It sounds like even when Monty was still alive, the end result was for Blake and Yang to get together.

As for Blake and Sun? Honestly I can't really comment on that one, though I guess you could argue that their relationship is that of close friends who occasionally flirt with each other in a platonic manner.
Or they were dating but it didn't work out and they are better off a freinds

Also the VA for Blake said in 2013 that "can I say that my character and another character are lesbion lovers?" And miles said "not yet" meaning yes its always been played based on that clip as well

Again that would go under the same boat as my last few points. She also stated that Miles said 'no' to that, so nothing says it was around Monty
I mean Blake and Sun kissed first from start of V6, and it was clear between V2-V4 that they were being focused on relationship wise. They explored Yang and Blake a bit more within this too, but a whole Blacksun vs Bumblebee had been going on ever since. Once Sun got written out of Blakes arc tho, there wasn't much hope. Both had multiple songs about them too so it doesnt seem like it was all too clearcut based on that

Jinx don't get me wrong for saying this but can you stop talking terrible about the series?

like i get it that you don't like it, but i'm kinda fed up that most of the time you're here is mostly to criticise the series, when the people here just want to enjoy it
Talking terrible?

Yeah RWBY needs alot of critique, but i like it too? I enjoy it and i think its current season has been the best in ages, but its still a major letdown potential wise. Again im completely fine with Bumblebee, but damn if the writers didnt also acknowledge it was a little crammed in irrelevantly through Ruby's 'homophobic' line.
Like im sorry but thats the deal

Talking terrible?

Yeah RWBY needs alot of critique, but i like it too? I enjoy it and i think its current season has been the best in ages, but its still a major letdown potential wise. Again im completely fine with Bumblebee, but damn if the writers didnt also acknowledge it was a little crammed in irrelevantly through Ruby's 'homophobic' line.
Like im sorry but thats the deal
my bad for misunderstanding

i'm sorry

Again that would go under the same boat as my last few points. She also stated that Miles said 'no' to that, so nothing says it was around Monty

I mean Blake and Sun kissed first from start of V6, and it was clear between V2-V4 that they were being focused on relationship wise. They explored Yang and Blake a bit more within this too, but a whole Blacksun vs Bumblebee had been going on ever since. Once Sun got written out of Blakes arc tho, there wasn't much hope. Both had multiple songs about them too so it doesnt seem like it was all too clearcut based on that
Yeah those are fair points to be had, though to be honest I never gave a shit about the shipping side of the show and just focused on everything. Still I guess we can agree to disagree, right?

Back