• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

man what a episode, Neo appears to have straight up power mimicry, mind illusions now and she is now stronger then she ever was but god damn I knew jaune and ruby would fight and ruby would break down but I didn't expect it to be like this where she is yelling frustrated and in a sarcastically mocking tone and then her flying away at the end of the episode damn
AND SHE STILL DOESN'T KNOW JAUNE KILLED PENNY.

man what a episode, Neo appears to have straight up power mimicry, mind illusions now and she is now stronger then she ever was but god damn I knew jaune and ruby would fight and ruby would break down but I didn't expect it to be like this where she is yelling frustrated and in a sarcastically mocking tone and then her flying away at the end of the episode damn
Steve Universe Future vibes fr

Twitter goons are already saying **** jaune and are failing to realize both him and Ruby have suffered through a hell of a lot and are literally being paralleled as leaders with how they've chose to deal with their trauma. Ruby has just keep moving forward time and time again without really addressing the past and jaune has kept nothing but his past mistakes and shortcomings on his mind and they're both lashing out at each other.

Neither is at a good place, Ruby is feeling isolated from those around her who should be the closest people in the world to her yet they haven't even sat down noticed and tried to help her through her trauma, Jaune was surrounded by people who he could save and was revered for it but was Isolated from those he cared about the most. The parallel is literally intentional but its flying over peoples head

Holy shit. Honestly my favorite episode,

And good god Neo’s OP. She straight up copies people’s abilities when making clones of them. What I want to know if this is limited only to the Jabberwalker or not. Cause if not then honestly Neo might have the best Semblance.
Reeeeeally feels like theyre building Neo up to be in the next deason of DB and fighting Toga, given that Toga got a similar power evolution recently as well

Twitter goons are already saying **** jaune and are failing to realize both him and Ruby have suffered through a hell of a lot and are literally being paralleled as leaders with how they've chose to deal with their trauma. Ruby has just keep moving forward time and time again without really addressing the past and jaune has kept nothing but his past mistakes and shortcomings on his mind and they're both lashing out at each other.

Neither is at a good place, Ruby is feeling isolated from those around her who should be the closest people in the world to her yet they haven't even sat down noticed and tried to help her through her trauma, Jaune was surrounded by people who he could save and was revered for it but was Isolated from those he cared about the most. The parallel is literally intentional but its flying over peoples head
hell this volume alone they kept asking ruby if she is OK but she always brushed them off and it's all ozpins fault that ruby is like this, he told her that she has to be perfect and not make mistakes giving her a toxic mindset to bottle up emotions and she gave that advice to jaune

hell this volume alone they kept asking ruby if she is OK but she always brushed them off and it's all ozpins fault that ruby is like this, he told her that she has to be perfect and not make mistakes giving her a toxic mindset to bottle up emotions and she gave that advice to jaune
Yeah this is all literally the results of the past volume's experiences and traumas but amplified by a world that at every turn doesn't give them a choice but to face all that to even begin to progress

Also i was talking with some folks and realized that our current description for the Silver Eyes is kinda lacking, its technically anti-magic and a bunch of other things on top of what we currently have it as
I say it's "preservation energy", the opposite of "destruction energy" basically

It's basically godly energy but a different type of divine energy

A meme form today's episode

20230401_125604.jpg

Interesting scaling detail, Jaune on top of Juniper is seemingly able to kill a Jabberwocky clone in one strike while the rest of the team needed to deliver multiple blows to take one down (except for Weiss' summon which can also one shot the clones).

Last edited:
Yeah so
Who is the skillest 7-C char of the verse?

wonder how much stronger Jaune is now, since lets be honest

even with the upgrades and training in vol 7-8 you can still see that Jaune is,while far better than before, just kinda slightly below them,

but now he seems pretty much on par with his companions finally

Yknow, im honestly curious what series ended up popularizing this trope of emotionally damaged child soldiers, it's such a common thing nowadays, what was the one that started it?

So based on what we’ve seen so far, Neo besides the enhanced Duplication has Power Mimicry for her clones having the Jabberwalker’s abilities and Limited Immortality Negation (Type 4) since they can prevent those in the Ever After from being reborn. The Limited due to only working in the Ever After.
honestly it might be soul destruction probably, that's what stops the immorality type 4 and if so then that works on all immorality type 4s

honestly it might be soul destruction probably, that's what stops the immorality type 4 and if so then that works on all immorality type 4s
Eh doubt it. Cause if that’s the case it’d work on Oz and I highly doubt that a random Semblance is capable of removing a divine curse from the Gods. It honestly looks like to me it only works on them due to the nature of Jabberwalker.

just to neo and maybe blake and Jaune (jaune can one shot people strong as neo, basically he needs a new key and Blake made a clone of yang)
you know after some thinking you're right, Jaune has passed a very long time in the Ever After, so of course he became stronger, tough we don't know if the Jabberwalker is as strong as Neo since she killed it pretty quickly, but we can say that he can kill the Jabberwalkers more easier compared to Team RWBY

also he might gain Analytical prediction for the Paper People stuff, since he said that thanks to their goofiness he can predict when they are going to be in trouble

also i did not realized that Blake really did that, when excatly she does that?

also he might gain Analytical prediction for the Paper People stuff, since he said that thanks to their goofiness he can predict when they are going to be in trouble
Honestly thats less Analytical Prediction and more that that paper pleasers are super predictable to the point that they do the exact same thing every day so he just learned their routines
also i did not realized that Blake really did that, when excatly she does that?
At 13:33

Back