• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

A characters AP could just be higher than their dura. Salem is a prime example of that. And Yang knocked herself out with a punch in the latest episode
Well that was because she tried to stop the magic from shrinking her but she hit herself and crash laned on the board and was fine

Well that was because she tried to stop the magic from shrinking her but she hit herself and crash laned on the board and was fine
She knocked herself out briefly with the punch. Notice how the other two girls make decent landings on the board while Yang just flops on their prone.

Salem is a special case. Everyone else can trade blows with and take hits from people with the same AP as them just fine.
It could also be explained that Hazel was already overtaking his body with the dust crystals, along with setting himself on fire. Hazel's dura has always been weird since Weiss was able to stab him in the gut even with his aura up in V5. Like, he can take the hits and get physical damage, it's just that he always heals back up so fast that it doesn't matter, along with his pain negation.

For Salem, both her inherit abilities and Grimm powers should go under one Ability tab like this, while Resistances are in another tab. Looks much cleaner in my opinion. Also remove the Relic of Knowledge as Volume 8 made it clear she doesn't know Jinn's name nor can she use it as all the questions are gone, and Electricity Manipulation from likely abilities as she displayed it in The Lost Fable when she made the barrier.

The rest are minor changes like sentence structures that I could probably fix myself when this is applied.
Done

Still has Electricity Manipulation in the Likely Abilities tab even though she displayed it in The Lost Fable. Also only the Lamp needed to be removed. The Staff was fine since you don’t need to know Ambrosius’ name to summon him. Though I don’t know if you want to wait to see what Salem does with it in the show.

One last thing, for the Wizard tab, it should mention for Weather Manipulation that he displayed it in a later incarnation as the King of Vale.

Yeah I'm rewatching the V5 scene and Hazel straight up gets impaled through the stomach by Weiss, who, although amped by Jaune, should be much weaker than the cane.

Still has Electricity Manipulation in the Likely Abilities tab even though she displayed it in The Lost Fable. Also only the Lamp needed to be removed. The Staff was fine since you don’t need to know Ambrosius’ name to summon him. Though I don’t know if you want to wait to see what Salem does with it in the show.

One last thing, for the Wizard tab, it should mention for Weather Manipulation that he displayed it in a later incarnation as the King of Vale.
Its in her inherent abilities too, just that shes only shown it while using it as a barrier

Yeah we'll leave that off for the time being

Oh yeah

fixed

Amped Weiss + Normal Dust Hazel, not Overdosed Hazel
Overdosed Hazel should only increase his AP and speed, no? It didn't seem like it boosted his defense. The whole point of him injecting raw dust in himself is because he knows he can heal up from the internal damage fast, plus the fact he doesn't really feel the pain.

Its in her inherent abilities too, just that shes only shown it while using it as a barrier
Then you could write it as Forcefield Creation and Electricity Manipulation, as it’s already written on her current profile. She’s manipulating electricity to create a barrier around her. Really don’t think it should be kept in the Likely tab.

Then you could write it as Forcefield Creation and Electricity Manipulation, as it’s already written on her current profile. She’s manipulating electricity to create a barrier around her. Really don’t think it should be kept in the Likely tab.
Its in the likely tab to show that it can be used offensively, not just defensively

Going back to Hazel, he never shows the same aura shield as the others do. I think he puts all of it into his regen. Like, when Weiss stabs him in the gut, the next shot we see of him it’s all healed up.

Going back to Hazel, he never shows the same aura shield as the others do. I think he puts all of it into his regen. Like, when Weiss stabs him in the gut, the next shot we see of him it’s all healed up.
No he definitely has an aura shield, they quite literally say that his aura regen rate is absurd

No he definitely has an aura shield, they quite literally say that his aura regen rate is absurd
Then Weiss should have not have pierced his stomach like that, since his semblence was still up. It's shown multiple times that the only way to pierce a character is to knock down their aura. Adam and Cinder took bullets to the body and were just fine since they had their auras up.

However, I'm unsure about the speed ratings for the Grimm, as they either have Hypersonic or Hypersonic+. I've only changed the speed of those where the justification says they kept up with or reacted to the characters, like The Hound. The rest I've left alone since I don't know where those initial two ratings come from.
Anyone know what to do about this?

So, right now, my train of logic is like this.

Hazel, in his regular form, was able to kill Salem so badly that it took hours for her to come back. So, at the minimum, at least two.

The Long Memory was able to do the same, although we don't know how long the time was between Salem being destoryed and coming back. But we know it also took hours.

Prefacing this, Hazel was only able to do this when Salem was not actively resisiting him, basically letting him beat her down.

However, if we use Salem's rate of regeneration as a measure of power, the logic goes that Hazel should equal somewhere to the Long Memory Blast.

And anyone who scale to base Hazel should scale to it as well.

That's what I have going on in my head at the moment.

There are arguments that since Hazel was destroyed by the Long Memory, he should not scale to it. However, as I explained above, his durability works differently. He was able to be stabbed in the gut by Weiss while his aura was up along with him stabbing himself with dust crystals.

The logic is there. As for Salem regenerating back quickly from the God of Darkness, notice how the blast doesn’t affect any buildings or landscapes. It’s not KE. It just focuses on organic matter.

The logic is there.
True, it’s just flawed on every level.

To make this work we have to assume one of the strongest and most skilled Aura users doesn’t have a basic universal power every other Aura user has, arbitrarily assume he took out Salem for the exact same amount of time as The Long Memory when the actual time frame is unspecified, arbitrarily use Salem’s rate of regeneration as a measure of power, and scale him to something that vaporized him.

I’d prefer focusing on making the profiles more accurate and up to date rather than jumping through hoops for unwarranted upgrades for the sake of big numbers.

To make this work we have to assume one of the strongest and most skilled Aura users doesn’t have a basic universal power every other Aura user has, arbitrarily assume he took out Salem for the exact same amount of time as The Long Memory when the actual time frame is unspecified, arbitrarily use Salem’s rate of regeneration as a measure of power, and scale him to something that vaporized him.

I’d prefer focusing on making the profiles more accurate and up to date rather than jumping through hoops for unwarranted upgrades for the sake of big numbers.
yeah i agree with Maverick, with Cire logic make seems that Overdosed Hazel is comparable to Salem wich is totally wrong,

You haven’t answered my argument on why Weiss was able to pierce Hazel. And I never said that it was the exact same time. Just around that time frame, which is hours for both. Salem rate of regeneration is not arbitrary as it scales to the amount of power the blow has. And again; scaling him to something that killed him isn’t that crazy since he was One: On fire. And two: has no aura shield. Heck, even when he was fighting against Salem, it never showed it flickering or breaking when he took her blows.

And this isn’t just for big numbers. It’s a legit argument I’m throwing around. I would have thought a thread like this would be a place to discuss possible upgrades.

yeah i agree with Maverick, with Cire logic make seems that Overdosed Hazel is comparable to Salem wich is totally wrong,
It’s not scaling Overdosed Hazel to Salem. It’s scaling Hazel’s power to Salem

I understand disagreeing with the logic, but this is a place where we can throw out crazy theories and such and parse them out. Calling it “unwarranted” goes against this.

Back