• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

So looking at the notable attacks section, I believe the Forcefield section should be moved to magic abilities. As while Ozpin did use The Long Memory to create it, we see with Oscar when falling from Atlas that they can conjure one without it.

Also, the gif of Oscar firing an energy beam in the Kinetic Blasts should be placed in the Magic Blasts section, as that was simply him doing the same beam attack as Salem and had nothing to do with The Long Memory or it’s stored energy.

So looking at the notable attacks section, I believe the Forcefield section should be moved to magic abilities. As while Ozpin did use The Long Memory to create it, we see with Oscar when falling from Atlas that they can conjure one without it.

Also, the gif of Oscar firing an energy beam in the Kinetic Blasts should be placed in the Magic Blasts section, as that was simply him doing the same beam attack as Salem and had nothing to do with The Long Memory or it’s stored energy.
Fixed

Cool. One last thing, that would also affect his ability section as well. So it'd look something like this:
I changed it to Energy Manipulation since we can see from Salem that they don't just fire beams but can control energy as well.

Wait a second ironwoods laser cannon could one shot a hard light dust forcefield yet salems grimm goo needed time to break through the forcefield of hard light dust

Man. I just had a sad dream about Penny blowing herself up in a big sacrifice. And you know what the worst part was? My mind immediately tried to think about how much energy was in that explosion in order to calc it.

Also the implication that Hazel's first fight against Salem destroyed her to the same degree as Long Memory is interesting, he killed her to the point that it took hours for her to come back rather than seconds (it took seconds for her to regen from ash in both the God of Darkness fight and Ozma's fight)

Also the implication that Hazel's first fight against Salem destroyed her to the same degree as Long Memory is interesting, he killed her to the point that it took hours for her to come back rather than seconds (it took seconds for her to regen from ash in both the God of Darkness fight and Ozma's fight)
I'd imagine Salem just let him whale on her to show that she cannot be killed and that resistnece is futile. But I like your line of thinking.

I'd imagine Salem just let him whale on her to show that she cannot be killed and that resistnece is futile. But I like your line of thinking.
She did yeah, he outright says she did just to demonstrate that he couldnt kill her, its just that he specifies that the longest he was able to keep her down was a few hours, when not even Ozma or the God of Darkness reducing her to ash was able to keep her down for more than a few seconds, and thus far only the Long Memory completely annihilating her physical body to the point that she was regenerating from pure energy has shown the ability to keep her out of the game for hours

So while the current ls thread is in grace, does anyone want to do a favor and update the speed of the rest of the profiles with "Reaction and Combat Speed" next to it? Also adding justification to Emerald and Mercury's FTL rating?
LS thread is almost done grace. How’s this coming along?

She did yeah, he outright says she did just to demonstrate that he couldnt kill her, its just that he specifies that the longest he was able to keep her down was a few hours, when not even Ozma or the God of Darkness reducing her to ash was able to keep her down for more than a few seconds, and thus far only the Long Memory completely annihilating her physical body to the point that she was regenerating from pure energy has shown the ability to keep her out of the game for hours
So, what does this mean?

Are you saying that RWBY characters that could scale to dust amped Hazel (not his final form, more like how he was in V5,) are equal to the cane nuke?

Okay. I've applied the LS thread and added Reactions and Combat Speed to all the profiles. However, I'm unsure about the speed ratings for the Grimm, as they either have Hypersonic or Hypersonic+. I've only changed the speed of those where the justification says they kept up with or reacted to the characters, like The Hound. The rest I've left alone since I don't know where those initial two ratings come from.

Okay. I've applied the LS thread and added Reactions and Combat Speed to all the profiles. However, I'm unsure about the speed ratings for the Grimm, as they either have Hypersonic or Hypersonic+. I've only changed the speed of those where the justification says they kept up with or reacted to the characters, like The Hound. The rest I've left alone since I don't know where those initial two ratings come from.
You are doing god’s work. The work that nobody else wants to do on these RWBY profiles. We appreciates your hard work and efforts

Aight im just gonna have these be the updated profiles for now, will redo intelligence sections and techniques for Salem as i go back through the series, any adjustments yall think should be made for befor i do the CRT?
None I can actually think of, other them Salem having grimm liquid manipulation (listed as water manipulation as that's the closest to it I believe)

Aight im just gonna have these be the updated profiles for now, will redo intelligence sections and techniques for Salem as i go back through the series, any adjustments yall think should be made for befor i do the CRT?
For Salem, both her inherit abilities and Grimm powers should go under one Ability tab like this, while Resistances are in another tab. Looks much cleaner in my opinion. Also remove the Relic of Knowledge as Volume 8 made it clear she doesn't know Jinn's name nor can she use it as all the questions are gone, and Electricity Manipulation from likely abilities as she displayed it in The Lost Fable when she made the barrier.

The rest are minor changes like sentence structures that I could probably fix myself when this is applied.

Why do Salem has Time Stop with the Relics. Isn’t Jinn out of questions and thus can’t longer be used until whatever time period has pass

The nuke from Ozpin's cane right? Didn't that... completely annihilate Hazel?
Ye.
Nah because that would imply that Hazel and Long Memory are above the God of Darkness
It could be explained that the God of Darkness was just being very casual with his power. After all, he’s a being of pure destruction and created said creatures and pools of destruction. He could easily just have haxed her.

Back