• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

I was thinking about Vernal and how to best scale her.
So, we know from Qrow that she was relatively inexperienced with her powers.
However, I think this applies more to her maiden powers, and not the increase in speed, power, and durability.

I think she would still scale to the other maidens in terms of power, speed, and durability. For example, Winter, who just got her maiden powers, went from barely holding on to Cinder to fighting her on equal footing. She relied on her enhanced ice powers and flight to do so. Thus, we can say that she was just as inexperinced, if not more so, then Amber. Yet, again, she manged to match another maiden in combat in seconds after she got the maiden powers.

Qrow states that Raven and him are on equal footing. However, as we see in Raven vs Cinder, Raven is able to, with her maiden amp, match Cinder blow for blow again, this time being MUCH more experienced with her powers.

Even Cinder, who only matched Glynda Goodwitch with her half-maiden powers, got strong enough to kill Ozpin with the maiden buff, who still had Remnants of his old power and, as the headmaster of the school, has to be one of the best.
That's what I mean too. That he can match her in base, but no way in hell would he do so with maiden powers.

And, for as inexperinced as Amber was with her powers, she still managed to use all four elements.

Thus, I feel comfortable in saying that Amber, in theory, can scale to the other maidens. (edited)
It's even more clear with the fact that she probably had them longer then Cinder, Winter, and Penny.

Amber was inexperienced with the maiden powers and dropped her guard numerous times in that fight, without the dura buff the maiden powers gives her she was fighting three people who could match pro-huntsmen in power and skill

Amber was inexperienced with the maiden powers and dropped her guard numerous times in that fight, without the dura buff the maiden powers gives her she was fighting three people who could match pro-huntsmen in power and skill
Still, at least with this, I feel more comfrotable saying that non-maidens can downscale from maidens.

Back