• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
RWBY: AP Buffs
Hello, everyone! I am here with yet another RWBY revision, this time a major one that could scale the Atlas crew to Island-Large Island.

First, I want to get rather simple calc out of the way that falls in line with our current town level scaling of the Atlas characters.

Here, Rusty calced the Centinels burrowing through tons of rock at around 24. kilotons.

We also have a revision to the Monstra calc.

Here, Monstra gets 186.37 megatons of tnt. Since Salem can scale to Monstra due to her creating it, she now has a mountain level feat, which Ozma should scale to and the other maidens should down scale to, along with the atlas cast who down scale from them.

And, for the big one, we have a large island feat by Salem for when she caused the river of Grimm to form a geyser and attack the shields, right before the aforementioned feat.

This gets to 407.54 gigatons of tnt. Since Ozma can match Salem's full power and he split up his power into five parts equally, each maiden would be 81.51 gigatons. And, since Team RWBY currently downscales from maidens, they can also downscale from this feat.

The town level scales to post haven via team rwby when they were in Atlas, killed those grimm before their Atlas Arc training that lasted weeks

44:56

Why does Salem scale to Monstra for creating it? Did she automatically just generate it? Cause if it took her a while to make a Grimm of that size that wouldn’t really scale to her magical AP. The fact that Monstra has rooms, bridges, and a seemingly thought out layout inside of it, as well as achievable flight through gravity dust, implies to me that she took more time making Monstra than she would have taken to make a Tempest or other Grimm.

Also that High 6-C feat seems outlier as hell. The cast are 7-C are noted to be comparable to Qrow for harming Grimm he can harm. So did Qrow get hundreds of millions of times stronger when he didn’t do any training, or is Haven arc team RWBY also just 6-C? And if the Maidens are all exactly 1/5 as strong as Salem, why did Penny show any exertion at all with a Class G feat that used her Maiden Powers?

If Salem has reason to scale to Monstra, or is stated to have created it in a short time, I’m fine with 7-A, and of course 7-C is cool. But I’m not seeing a lot of logic behind why High 6-C isn’t outlier. It’s not like this was a difficult feat either, she just shot a geyser of Grimm fluid at Atlas. So for them to go from 7-C to casual 6-C doesn’t sit right.

Even 7-A Salem is jumping an over 2000x gap via that calc, and it makes the Long Memory’s detonation look pitifully weak despite being Ozpin stocking 6-C levels of magic inside of it for years. Weakened Ozma scales to 81.51 Gigatons, and has been putting kinetic energy inside the cane for numerous life times, yet the detonation is 16.08 Gigatons? 5x weaker than his casual magic? Even as an old, dying man, his normal punches and cane strikes are 5 times stronger than his ultimate attack?

High 6-C just doesn’t seem consistent with everything else about the verse, given how casual a feat it is vs. the upper limits of other characters that would have to scale to it. Fine with 7-A if there’s sound logic.

Also, is it ever noted that Salem has gotten stronger over the years? Is Ozma even comparable to her any more after millennia? Or has she just been stuck at the same power level with no growth? Genuine question

Why does Salem scale to Monstra for creating it? Did she automatically just generate it? Cause if it took her a while to make a Grimm of that size that wouldn’t really scale to her magical AP. The fact that Monstra has rooms, bridges, and a seemingly thought out layout inside of it, as well as achievable flight through gravity dust, implies to me that she took more time making Monstra than she would have taken to make a Tempest or other Grimm.
The blast from Long Memory was stored kinetic energy from Ozpin's previous lives, with Ozpin in an earlier season outright saying that his power was dwindling compared to what he used to be and that there wasnt much left in the Long Memory to begin with.

Basically the Long Memory blast, which completely annihilated Monstra, would have been less powerful than what Ozma in his prime was capable of, with Salem being equal to Ozma in power.
Also that High 6-C feat seems outlier as hell. The cast are 7-C are noted to be comparable to Qrow for harming Grimm he can harm. So did Qrow get hundreds of millions of times stronger when he didn’t do any training, or is Haven arc team RWBY also just 6-C?
The cast arent comparable to Qrow outside of the Atlas arc where they actively take on people comparable to him in power after they went through their timeskip training arc.
And if the Maidens are all exactly 1/5 as strong as Salem, why did Penny show any exertion at all with a Class G feat that used her Maiden Powers?
Because she was being actively hacked by Watts at the time and her own body was physically fighting against her
If Salem has reason to scale to Monstra, or is stated to have created it in a short time, I’m fine with 7-A, and of course 7-C is cool. But I’m not seeing a lot of logic behind why High 6-C isn’t outlier. It’s not like this was a difficult feat either, she just shot a geyser of Grimm fluid at Atlas. So for them to go from 7-C to casual 6-C doesn’t sit right.

Even 7-A Salem is jumping an over 2000x gap via that calc, and it makes the Long Memory’s detonation look pitifully weak despite being Ozpin stocking 6-C levels of magic inside of it for years. Weakened Ozma scales to 81.51 Gigatons, and has been putting magic inside the cane for numerous life times, yet the detonation is 16.08 Gigatons? 5x weaker than his casual magic? Even as an old, dying man, his normal punches and cane strikes are 5 times stronger than his ultimate attack?

High 6-C just doesn’t seem consistent with everything else about the verse, given how casual a feat it is vs. the upper limits of other characters that would have to scale to it. Fine with 7-A if there’s sound logic.
As above, though i did bring up a rating of 'at least 7-A, possibly 6-C'

Since Salem can scale to Monstra due to her creating it
Excuse me?

I think you'd need a bit of evidence for that.

And, for the big one, we have a large island feat by Salem for when she caused the river of Grimm to form a geyser and attack the shields, right before the aforementioned feat.

Can you show Salem actually causing this with her own power and it not just being a product of the Grimm themselves?

The blast from Long Memory was stored kinetic energy from Ozpin's previous lives, with Ozpin in an earlier season outright saying that his power was dwindling compared to what he used to be and that there wasnt much left in the Long Memory to begin with.

Basically the Long Memory blast, which completely annihilated Monstra, would have been less powerful than what Ozma in his prime was capable of, with Salem being equal to Ozma in power.

The cast arent comparable to Qrow outside of the Atlas arc where they actively take on people comparable to him in power after they went through their timeskip training arc.

Because she was being actively hacked by Watts at the time and her own body was physically fighting against her

As above, though i did bring up a rating of 'at least 7-A, possibly 6-C'
His previous life, Ozpin, was 6-C even as an old dying man. Sure it wouldn’t be comparable to what he could do in his prime, but that would just mean his prime’s version of the attack would be way stronger than High 6-C. Ozpin is 5x stronger than the 6-C version Oscar used, so even a single swing of his cane would give the Long Memory more power than what it displayed.

Penny wasn’t being hacked by Watts yet, she struggled to lift Amity Coloseum before that occurred, even after putting up her Maiden Powers. She wasn’t failing at all, but it was clearly a struggle to keep it flying with all of her strength. So for her to be casually Class T and not instantly jolt Amity Colosseum into place is strange to me.

I mean, I disagree with 6-C straight up, that feat is just way too weird when put to the other feats and seeing who it scales to.

And again, you didn’t really answer my question about how she created Monstra. It’s a pretty big claim to say she did so instantly in a way that her casual attacks would scale to it.

Excuse me?

I think you'd need a bit of evidence for that.

Can you show Salem actually causing this with her own power and it not just being a product of the Grimm themselves?
I think her creating Monstra is a given, but the way she did so absolutely needs to be proven. Creating something of that size, with that many details, requires some evidence it didn’t take a long as hell time to do so.

And true, we actually never see Salem do anything with the Grimm pool. It’s an assumption that she did so. For all we know the river could have just been told to do so by her, since she controls all Grimm, and she didn’t actually use any magic whatsoever. Or maybe even Monstra did it since it’s the being spawning Grimm in the first place. Either way, yeah, I’d like a more concrete reasoning that Salem was the one that did that feat purely of her own strength, before we even get to the scaling chain issue.

And true, we actually never see Salem do anything with the Grimm pool. It’s an assumption that she did so. For all we know the river could have just been told to do so by her, since she controls all Grimm, and she didn’t actually use any magic whatsoever. Or maybe even Monstra did it since it’s the being spawning Grimm in the first place. Either way, yeah, I’d like a more concrete reasoning that Salem was the one that did that feat purely of her own strength.
Perhaps 'possibly 6-C via environmental destruction'? At least until we get more clarification on how she was involved?

Anyways doesn't the ke blast vaporize hazel who can fight Salem and survive her attacks

So I don't see the problem with the ke blast thing because you can just scale it to "higher" (vaporized and killed overdose hazel)

His previous life, Ozpin, was 6-C even as an old dying man. Sure it wouldn’t be comparable to what he could do in his prime, but that would just mean his prime’s version of the attack would be way stronger than High 6-C. Ozpin is 5x stronger than the 6-C version Oscar used, so even a single swing of his cane would give the Long Memory more power than what it displayed.
Thats not how Long Memory works though? If it absorbed 100% of his kinetic energy then his attacks wouldnt be dealing any sort of damage
Penny wasn’t being hacked by Watts yet, she struggled to lift Amity Coloseum before that occurred, even after putting up her Maiden Powers. She wasn’t failing at all, but it was clearly a struggle to keep it flying with all of her strength. So for her to be casually Class T and not instantly jolt Amity Colosseum into place is strange to me.
Just rechecked the scene and you are correct, my apologies
I mean, I disagree with 6-C straight up, that feat is just way too weird when put to the other feats and seeing who it scales to.
Refer to my above reply
And again, you didn’t really answer my question about how she created Monstra. It’s a pretty big claim to say she did so instantly in a way that her casual attacks would scale to it.
Ye because i dont agree with that reasoning, im arguing for the reasoning of scaling salem to prime ozma who is >>> the blast that blew up monstra

Perhaps 'possibly 6-C via environmental destruction'? At least until we get more clarification on how she was involved?
I mean, no? It would just make that reasoning for the calc incredibly shaky, which makes all the other issues brought up by it completely unviable for a mention on profile.
Anyways doesn't the ke blast vaporize hazel who can fight Salem and survive her attacks

So I don't see the problem with the ke blast thing because you can just scale it to "higher" (vaporized and killed overdose hazel)
Hazel dying to a 6-C attack would make it an Anti-Feat for Hazel, not a feat for High 6-C.

I think her creating Monstra is a given, but the way she did so absolutely needs to be proven. Creating something of that size, with that many details, requires some evidence it didn’t take a long as hell time to do so.

Yeah, that's more like what I intended. Creating Monthra is one thing but if it was an overtime feat then it's useless for Salem's scaling.

Currently I'm against using the feat for Salem's profile.

Thats not how Long Memory works though? If it absorbed 100% of his kinetic energy then his attacks wouldnt be dealing any sort of damage

Just rechecked the scene and you are correct, my apologies

Refer to my above reply

Ye because i dont agree with that reasoning, im arguing for the reasoning of scaling salem to prime ozma who is >>> the blast that blew up monstra
Even if it absorbed 1% of his kinetic energy, he unleashed dozens of attacks on Cinder that were able to hurt her, and that’s ignoring the fact that he’s been using Long Memory his entire life. For decades, he has been 6-C while acting as Headmaster, meaning he has seen combat an unreal number of times. There’s no way a blast from Long Memory would be that weak coming from him if he was 6-C.

I don’t agree with scaling Ozma to Salem in that way, since the talk is about the Long Memory. If I’m reading correctly, he’s saying that the Long Memory is weaker than it usually is. That doesn’t tell us much about how strong Ozma’s version of it would be, other than that it would be stronger. So while Ozma is comparable to Salem, his long memory would just be way more powerful than her. So it’s not really a stretch to say the weakened Long Memory is also stronger than her, just not as much.

Again you can just scale the blast to "higher" as it one shot killed someone who was high 6-C
That’s not how that works? The blast is calculated, it is pure kinetic energy. That feat is an anti-feat for High 6-C. If High 6-C is more concrete, then yes, we would scale the Long Memory higher, but the methodology for High 6-C in the first place (like if Salem even did the feat at all, the lifting strength complications is brings up, etc.) are all in question.

So in my personal view, she doesn’t even scale to Monstra at all, and then she she definitely doesn’t scale to a feat over 2000x stronger than Monstra

That’s not how that works? The blast is calculated, it is pure kinetic energy. That feat is an anti-feat for High 6-C. If High 6-C is more concrete, then yes, we would scale the Long Memory higher, but the methodology for High 6-C in the first place (like if Salem even did the feat at all, the lifting strength complications is brings up, etc.) are all in question.

So in my personal view, she doesn’t even scale to Monstra at all, and then she she definitely doesn’t scale to a feat over 2000x stronger than Monstra
That's like saying deku is only small building level because fa Jin deku only destroyed some building floors 🗿

You think that maybe just maybe they held back the blast to not blow up atlas

Even if it absorbed 1% of his kinetic energy, he unleashed dozens of attacks on Cinder that were able to hurt her, and that’s ignoring the fact that he’s been using Long Memory his entire life. For decades, he has been 6-C while acting as Headmaster, meaning he has seen combat an unreal number of times. There’s no way a blast from Long Memory would be that weak coming from him if he was 6-C.
And again, he outright said that there was barely anything left within Long Memory when he got it back, and after Oscar used the nuke it was left almost completely empty
I don’t agree with scaling Ozma to Salem in that way, since the talk is about the Long Memory. If I’m reading correctly, he’s saying that the Long Memory is weaker than it usually is. That doesn’t tell us much about how strong Ozma’s version of it would be, other than that it would be stronger. So while Ozma is comparable to Salem, his long memory would just be way more powerful than her. So it’s not really a stretch to say the weakened Long Memory is also stronger than her, just not as much.
Its moreso that Oz got progressively weaker with each reincarnation, and this was after he split up his power equally among himself and the four original Maidens, and that when Oscar used the blast it was already basically running on fumes from how little energy was left.

Also the barrier that protected Oscar from being in the heart of that blast is the same one that Cinder broke through when she killed Ozpin in volume 3

Back