• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

"Low 7-B scaling

This stems from team RWBY and co. downscaling from the Maidens, the problem here is the fact that Maiden Cinder is clearly shown to be on a whole nother level from the team, especially when the end of Volume 8 has all of team RWBY being slapped around by Maiden Cinder with no effort whatsoever, and the fact Ironwood when facing off against Maiden Winter gets his strongest attack effortlessly reflected and he gets KO'd permanently, and to top it all off, the bomb Ironwood was gonna use to blow up all of Mantle, which was calced to between High 7-C to close to baseline 7-B canonically kills Vine, who's physically comparable to team RWBY at this point in time, on top of all of the hunters in Robyn's group is scaled to the same level while also being threatened by the bomb to escape as well, none of the members should remotely scale to the maidens, or even downscale as this ignores how much on a higher level the maidens are to begin with.

Overall the normal hunters/huntresses should go back to their High 8-C to 8-B scaling, alongside anyone else that's comparable to their level."

Found the reasoning. It was from the Glassman and made in March. I think I didn't have time to fully address these due to life issues. Let me see if I can create a more concrete defense and argument.

"Clearly shown at another level"
This is easily disproven. Winter was able to cut off Cinder's Grimm arm for one. While it had no aura, it was still strong enough to hold up in a giant magic sword clash against Raven. Weiss, in the director's commentary, was said to be able to hold herself in battle against Cinder in a "1v1." Weiss was also able to take a bloodlusted Cinder's magic attack at the end of V8. Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury were able to beat Amber, with Cinder explicitly knocking down and hurting Amber while she's in full maiden mode.

For Ironwood, that can easily be explained that he just had a fight with Winter. So of course he'd go down easily. Aura, like what Spinorr mentioned before, works like a health bar. So his was already down beforehand. Heck, Winter was able to block said beam with one of her glyphs. It blew up in her face, yes, but she did stop it. In fact, as revealed by Kdin Jensen, voice actor of May, states that it was made to kill a maiden robot as seen here:

This is supported in the show as well. Penny was instructed to come alone to Ironwood. And, when "Penny" (actually Emerald) arrived, Ironwood had the big ass cannon at the ready to use against her.

For the Vine feat, this is rather simple. ANYBODY would be freaking out over a giant nuke dropping on them. It's a very natural human reaction. And the fact that normal huntsmen, without aura, are able to harm and survive maiden attacks should display this notion that they are limited to this feat. Also, Vine used his semblance to successfully contain the bomb anyway. Using the health bar analogy again, he poured all of his HP into the bubble, leaving himself defenseless. Ruby and crew should honestly upscale from him anyway, since they beat him in a fight fair and square. Ruby even says that they are the best huntsmen in Atlas now instead of the Ace-Ops, a fact that she proves right by her team beating them. While the Ace-Ops did fight against a maiden Penny, it was clear that she wasn't going for the kill. Unlike Cinder, who is murder happy as all hell as would certainly try to kill an aura less Weiss.

Last edited:
"Clearly shown at another level"
This is easily disproven. Winter was able to cut off Cinder's Grimm arm for one. While it had no aura, it was still strong enough to hold up in a giant magic sword clash against Raven. Weiss, in the director's commentary, was said to be able to hold herself in battle against Cinder in a "1v1." Weiss was also able to take a bloodlusted Cinder's magic attack at the end of V8. Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury were able to beat Amber, with Cinder explicitly knocking down and hurting Amber while she's in full maiden mode.

For Ironwood, that can easily be explained that he just had a fight with Winter. So of course he'd go down easily. Aura, like what Spinorr mentioned before, works like a health bar. So his was already down beforehand. Heck, Winter was able to block said beam with one of her glyphs. It blew up in her face, yes, but she did stop it. In fact, as revealed by Kdin Jensen, voice actor of May, states that it was made to kill a maiden robot as seen here:

This is supported in the show as well. Penny was instructed to come alone to Ironwood. And, when "Penny" (actually Emerald) arrived, Ironwood had the big ass cannon at the ready to use against her.

For the Vine feat, this is rather simple. ANYBODY would be freaking out over a giant nuke dropping on them. It's a very natural human reaction. And the fact that normal huntsmen, without aura, are able to harm and survive maiden attacks should display this notion that they are limited to this feat. Also, Vine used his semblance to successfully contain the bomb anyway. Using the health bar analogy again, he poured all of his HP into the bubble, leaving himself defenseless. Ruby and crew should honestly upscale from him anyway, since they beat him in a fight fair and square. Ruby even says that they are the best huntsmen in Atlas now instead of the Ace-Ops, a fact that she proves right by her team beating them. While the Ace-Ops did fight against a maiden Penny, it was clear that she wasn't going for the kill. Unlike Cinder, who is murder happy as all hell as would certainly try to kill an aura less Weiss.

No offense, but dud you gotta make CRT at this point, it'll be easier to keep our thouhts in a new thread.

I know. I just went to vet my ideas in this thread as a form of perpetration. That way, I can go into the CRT as confident as possible. Like if anyone has any last minute objections and such I can address to strengthen my argument.
I get that, but sandboxes do exist, and if anything it'll be easier since it also gives evaluating staff an easier time looking at arguments and evidence.

I never heard of one before. I'll try making it.
Should be in the top of the tab, essentially just let’s you put all the stuff in a thread before posting it.

Sandboxes exist for the wiki as well, so if you want to potentially remake pages and whatnot before CRTs this is the best way since you can just copy paste (ironically, I’m guilty of not using these)

It'll be a good place to prepare. How can I show this sandbox to others on the site like you said? Like the calc members and what not.

It'll be a good place to prepare. How can I show this sandbox to others on the site like you said? Like the calc members and what not.
Sandboxes can’t be shared (at least to my knowledge), so you’d have to screenshot and send stuff over discord.

The main reason I suggested it was so that you could put everything in one place and have it ready to go in an official CRT, rather than somewhat fragmented in a general thread.

I have made the thread.

the bomb Ironwood was gonna use to blow up all of Mantle, which was calced to between High 7-C to close to baseline 7-B canonically kills Vine
Not to stir the melting pot that is... what's happening here, but there are calculation blogs that have sprung up due to looking at things from a different perspective. Not to be a self plug, there's my blog, which racks up consistent values hovering around 7-B, and then there's... ahem Spinoirr's blog that edges its values into the hundreds of Megatons. Though the unfortunate thing is that both are largely neglected and hasn't been subjected to peer review and what not.

Not to stir the melting pot that is... what's happening here, but there are calculation blogs that have sprung up due to looking at things from a different perspective. Not to be a self plug, there's my blog, which racks up consistent values hovering around 7-B, and then there's... ahem Spinoirr's blog that edges its values into the hundreds of Megatons. Though the unfortunate thing is that both are largely neglected and hasn't been subjected to peer review and what not.
Just make a calc thread, that's how you determine which is best.

It can't be neglected if you never made a thread to reach a decision for which the cgms think is best

Back