• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Also 9-B, No aura? Yeah nah they've still survivied hits from mfers with their aura's depleted so even if you wanted to downgrade them using that they'd have feats for them that would say otherwise.

Also ignores Auro also functions as their stamina so ofc when they fight to the point of depletion most mfers can't fight as its little bit more than just stat booster.

They should be scaled the same way they already are. Maiden stuff can be sorted separately but by no means is downgrading them to 9-B and X rating with aura acceptable
This makes 0 sense, just because your stamina is gone doesn't mean you should go from being equal to an immediate one shot, it is very clear that aura greats a large disparity in power.

A few instances of characters not instantly dying when there are more seens of them dying or just being able to do a single thing does not help, those would be outliers withe the majority being more consistent.

So womp womp

This makes 0 sense, just because your stamina is gone doesn't mean you should go from being equal to an immediate one shot, it is very clear that aura greats a large disparity in power.
Never said its stamina only, I said there's also clearly a stamina aspect to it as well that you're ignoring being the other half of why most peeps take a dip in combat when its broken, it is both stats and stamina based.

A few instances of characters not instantly dying when there are more seens of them dying or just being able to do a single thing does not help, those would be outliers withe the majority being more consistent.
It most certainly does and you don't get to cherrypick what does and doesn't count especially when there are multiple instances against what you're trying to push

Yeah no, I agree with Dale

Aura is a UES, like how Ki in Dragon Ball is and all the examples we have of characters seemingly being weaker without aura is because they're tired and weakned

Also I'm sure there's more explains of characters without aura surviving attacks from characters with Aura

Also, bringing up verses like Naruto with their chakra and whatnot makes 0 sense. Why would we use other verses when Aura is clearly pretty different. We should use the verses evidence first

Going over some instances where Aura is shattered.

Just trying to get a summery of both you twos points. So you are saying that the disparity between aura and no aura is not that big while Curry is saying that there is a big difference?
yes and no, in a way what I'm saying is that rating them as 9-B, X tier with aura is fundamentally wrong and should not be done and that there are a numerous many of cases as well with them still surviving shit that would be above 9-B without their aura's
Also, bringing up verses like Naruto with their chakra and whatnot makes 0 sense. Why would we use other verses when Aura is clearly pretty different. We should use the verses evidence first
very clear why I brought that up, its another verse that has a similar kind of UES which correlates to the point of how we DO NOT index systems like that the way you're proposing. That is not something i'm going to just entertain when its at its core not how we handle shit like that on the wiki.

To be fair on the Adam part, Blake had just charged up his Moonslice by hitting his sword beforehand. And Yang was tired from fighting books.

very clear why I brought that up, its another verse that has a similar kind of UES which correlates to the point of how we DO NOT index systems like that the way you're proposing. That is not something i'm going to just entertain when its at its core not how we handle shit like that on the wiki.
Aura is different, it is quite literally a forcefield around their body to tank attacks, just because it’s a UES doesn’t mean we shouldn’t treat it a specific way, we know it’s unique lol.

Aura is different, it is quite literally a forcefield around their body to tank attacks, just because it’s a UES doesn’t mean we shouldn’t treat it a specific way, we know it’s unique lol.
Why don't we treat it how I do

Base durability, Varies with Aura higher up to x (aura acts like a health bar, letting them take dozens of attacks from characters comparable to them)

I counted that Yang took 70 attacks all together against Adam

Techincally aura is a manifestation of the soul. It is treated like a health bar in the series. Like in the V3 tournament.

yeah that's how it works with all of those kinds of systems, they are stat boost, Ki's aura is a forcefield too. We can use several dozens or more examples from the wiki itself but we do not handle these kinds of systems like this heck all of them are slightly unique in their own way but that doesn't change how we index them unless its in a way drastically different to some degree.

fact of the matter is even without Aura the same guys survive stuff well over 9-B

I mean yeah, the point of the aura crt would be to give them stronger / “higher or varies” rating with Aura while their base would have a lower rating. Regardless, this’ll be covered in the CRT so I’d suggest waiting for that.

I mean yeah, the point of the aura crt would be to give them stronger / “higher or varies” rating with Aura while their base would have a lower rating. Regardless, this’ll be covered in the CRT so I’d suggest waiting for that.
Im saying it'd only apply to their durability like how it is on my profiles on FCOC

literally this
It'll only apply to durability like this

"Large Building level, Varies from higher up to Multi-City Block level at peak with Aura (Aura functions as a forcefield with a cumulative durability, depicted as a 'health bar', and allows her to take dozens of hits from opponents as strong as herself without any significant injury. Aura's damage cap is 70 times, due to character's aura protecting them from 70 attacks (as shown with Yang against those who are comparable to her))

"Large Building level, Varies from higher up to Multi-City Block level at peak with Aura (Aura functions as a forcefield with a cumulative durability, depicted as a 'health bar', and allows her to take dozens of hits from opponents as strong as herself without any significant injury. Aura's damage cap is 70 times, due to character's aura protecting them from 70 attacks (as shown with Yang against those who are comparable to her))
yeah this is the only way that works

I wouldn't put "Varies from higher", just "Varies up to Multi-City Block level" or "Varies from Large Building level to Multi-City Block level" if you really wanna state the minimum cause imo "Varies from higher" kinda just looks ugly.

Also is the 8-A from the 70 hits thing?

I wouldn't put "Varies from higher", just "Varies up to Multi-City Block level" or "Varies from Large Building level to Multi-City Block level" if you really wanna state the minimum cause imo "Varies from higher" kinda just looks ugly.

Also is the 8-A from the 70 hits thing?
Their rating x 70

It's just that's the max amount of power their Aura can take. Given it's a health bar, like a 70 times powerful attack would one shot them but they'd live, just their Aura breaks

In Volume 3,
three redheads died.
They had green eyes, Volume 3 can be shortened to V3. You know who has green eyes? Kamen rider V3. He's a showa rider. So is Stronger and ZX. Those 3 are showa riders with green eyes. With red on their head.

Ain't that funny?

In Volume 3,
three redheads died.
They had green eyes, Volume 3 can be shortened to V3. You know who has green eyes? Kamen rider V3. He's a showa rider. So is Stronger and ZX. Those 3 are showa riders with green eyes. With red on their head.

Ain't that funny?
And I was around 13 when it aired and I cried about it for 3 days! The coincidences just keep coming!

Their rating x 70

It's just that's the max amount of power their Aura can take. Given it's a health bar, like a 70 times powerful attack would one shot them but they'd live, just their Aura breaks
I feel like there's a better way to implement that since making it "Varies up to 8-A" kinda makes it sound like only 8-A attacks can attack them but I can't think of any right now so eh

Back