• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Stat Revision: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true, when amber was floating in the sky Emerald and Mercury did nothing to her, meanwhile Cinder knocked her out of the sky

This is why Cinder's Base is 7-B.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1199356

I always assumed Mercury and Emerald were far better then we thought or that Amber was just weaker then we thought.

(Qrow did state she was young and inexperienced)

To be honest that fight was filled with PIS so I let you decided how to handle it.

@Rinkaku

Again with the Marvel false equivalencies. Deadpool has 3 to 4 8-A feats, and he scales to Captain America's 8-A feat. It has absolutely nothing to do with the RWBY situation, where there is 1 MHS feat and 30 bullet timing feats, with some feats outright proving the lower option is more consistent

@Morlock

Amber didn't allow Merc and Emerald to move with her attacks, she had to divert her attention from them to attack Cinder.

Cinder is stronger, but not much stronger. She tricked Cinder into believing it was finished a few minutes later and then swatted her aside, which took her a while to recover from while Mercury managed to recover arguably faster.

BTW I wanna say this for the record @Kepekley

I am still for 8-C+ base characters.

And I will come back to 8-B sometime later.

As for speed, my suggestion stands.

Personally, it aint that big of a deal to me.

Since most are speed equalized and it only applies too at best a few characters.

Supersonic/Hypersonic is fine by me.

With if we accept MHS, MHS should at least scale too Ruby via her semblance

@Ponciana

About your link

1) This is not true. Cinder with the Maiden's half powers was thrown away by Qrow, who could casually dodge her explosion even while paying attention to and holding Amber, and Tyrian met Qrow blow to blow. If even half-maiden Cinder is somewhat weaker, her Base should be def'ly far weaker than Tyrians.

2) Amber stood up and pretty much swatted Cinder away like a fly right after that scene. Cinder needed to wait for her to be focused on Mercury and Emerald before making her move.

Cinder being 7-B in base would defeat the point of the massive power up that she got after the Hal´-Maiden powers, and she was still weaker than Qrow and Tyrians even then.

Anyway, it's not all that important to my point. Let's get back to 8-C+.

I honestly don't care about Base Cinder or Adam.

However I agree with the downgrades to 8-C+, I'm iffy with the speed thing but honestly I understand where you're coming from so I'll drop it.

Pyrrha not scaling to 8-B is fine, though would Velvet be 8-B like Penny since she can use the same attack or no?

Except Cinder wasn't at all winded from Amber' s knockback, she was smiling. And like I said there is no bullet timing feats because they don't use bullets. We can't assume they travel the same speed. So the only usable calc we have is the mhs one, making it not an outlier.

Unite My Rice said:
Wait, so magical elements don't need to adhere to the scientific, real elements, yet can still be ranked the same?
@Ryu
Not at all what I said. I said when magical elements literally show to be faster than the scientific, real elements in a direct feat, they can be ranked as such.

@Poinciana.

Likely? I mean, if Velvet's laser scales then it proves Pyrrha and the others don't scale physically at all. Seeing as Velvet's laser torn a Paladin apart when Coco's minigun couldn't even scratch one (same gunfire that was one shotting several Nevermores and Deathstalkers like nothing, something that Team RWBY and Yeam JPNR put together had trouble doing).

In fact, Velvet copied Coco's gunfire and also couldn't do anything to several Paladins.

This also proves that Team RWBY doesn't scale even with their semblances. Seeing as Yang and Blake with their semblances had to team up to defeat a prototype version of the one that tanked Coco and Velvet's gunfire.

So, if it scales, it debunks 8-B Team RWBY completely. They need to use their Semblances and team up to defeat a far weaker version than the one who was shrugging off the gunfire and only got defeated by...A copy of Penny's 8-B attack!

So basically so far it's:

8-C+ for students.

Hypersonic (I think) for everyone.

8-B Penny and maybe Velvet with lasers (not physically)

Right?

Team RWBY post timeskip could be baseline High 8-C given that they are much stronger than their BoS selves i think

Yeah I agree that no one else but Velvet would scale to that.

Question, since the RWBY cast is 8-C+ that means they are at least 1 ton correct?

Since the Paladins couldn't even be scratched by 8-C+ character that are stronger then Team RWBY then wouldn't that make them High 8-C (Baseline) since the difference between 8-C+ and Baseline High 8-C is only 2X?

Or is that to much specualtion?

Baseline High 8-C isn't farfetched, I think. The best 8-C+ feat is 1.5 tons and is done by a serious Yatsuhashi slamming Mercury on the ground. Rounding to High 8-C is likely fine.

@Kep The fact that The Arma Gigas is multiple Geist in one body and weiss fought evenly with it whereas team rnjr collectively had difficulty with a single Geist means that if anything Weiss doing anything other than chip damage to the gigas is an outlier, especially when she only did chip damage to the paladin which is an comparable

@Weekly

That's not true. Geists possess certain objects and create a host to fight people with.

The Geist that fought Team RNJR was a Petra Gigas, which is a single Geist as well

Yes the Petra gigas is a single geist, the Arma Gigas is multiple Geist in one body which was flat out stated to make it several times stronger than normal

Actually, Ruby did relatively well against the Petra Gigas. She broke a boulder it threw at her, deflected its strikes, took a hit well, and danced around it.

I'll be right back, dinner now.

Ok,I just checked the weiss freezing feat: https://youtu.be/ctiDu69kIho?t=589

This does not at all resemble a truncated cone, in fact the area it's on is far too narrow for it to possibly be a truncated cone, in fact the very next show seems to demosntrate it's depth is equal to the diameter of the individual spires. Calc needs to be revised.

The boulder wasnt part of the Gigas body and was thus less durable, dodging around isnt an ap feat when her attacks barely did anything on their own, and getting hit is a dura feat.

Also if youre so insistant on removing mhs, i did a rough calc of sun intercepting the dragon's breath that ended up at hypersonic+

She blocked a strike from it and got hit and got back up. At full strength, the Petra Gigas can obviously make quick work of Ruby but it shows she wasn't completely behind.

Also, if you argue Weiss defeating Arma Gigas is an outlier for her, the Arma Gigas's best "feat" becomes being apparently comparable to a Prototype Paladin, the same prototypes that are far weaker than the updated versions, which got torn apart instantly after being hit by a copy of Penny's 8-B attack. Thus nobody but Penny and Velvet get the 8-B, and it does not scale to their striking strength.

Exactly, she's overall inferior in a 1v1, hence why they needed all four members to beat it

No, the alarm gigas' best feat is slicing apart the queen lancer all roaster it no sold weiss' attacks and shrugged off a massive amount of dust exploding in its face. feat-wise the paladins are the ones who scale to the gigas, not the other way around.

Which would be an outlier as its vastly above her

What are you talking about? Weiss never fought the queen lancer in close combat, she tried to hit it with her own attacks which it no sold, she threw a shit ton of dust ask it which exploded and it shook off the attack, then she summoned the gigas and it cut the lancer apart

The President who ordered the creation of the Arma Gigas said it was "about on the same level as one of the mecha-suits", which refers to a Prototype Paladin. And by feats, the Prototypes are still stronger than an Arma Gigas is. I have no doubt they aren't 8-A.

I've already proven with several scans that Penny's 8-B attack is far stronger than the physical stats of any student in RWBY. It blew up an actual Paladin when Coco's gunfire, which can do things that Team RWBY and Team JPNR have to team up to do, failed to even scratch it. So:

Penny's 8-B laser >>> Updated Paladin >>> Paladin Coco's gunfire >>> Team RWBY and JPNR together

But the problem with assuming bullets are as fast as bullets until proven otherwise is that these are not bullets. It's dust ammunition. Remnant uses dust for all its ammo. They can't be compared speed wise.

Can I ask how this is going so far? I need to know whether it maybe appropriate to do a VS thread of Gon and Killua vs Yang and Ruby. Also Weekly, what is your input on the HxH revisions?

@Morlock

That's incorrect. They're never stated to use dust for ammo, it can be said that they use the dust as a gunpowder instead

Which would be an outlier as its vastly above her

This is circular reasoning.

"Weiss fighting the Arma Gigas is an outlier because it is far stronger than her, even though she fought it".

The Arma Gigas is obviously stronger than Weiss, but she is still comparable enough to actually use her Dust and strength against it efficiently. However, she is just not strong enough to defeat it normally.

What are you talking about? Weiss never fought the queen lancer in close combat, she tried to hit it with her own attacks which it no sold, she threw a shit ton of dust ask it which exploded and it shook off the attack, then she summoned the gigas and it cut the lancer apart

There are several feats that suggest that the limbs of the Arma Gigas summoned by Weiss are far stronger than the real thing. First of all, the fight itself, which has the Arma Gigas being countered by Weiss's own dust attacks, and also the battle against the True Paladins, where Weiss's Arma Gigas limb manages to slice a Paladin in half, despite the fact Prototype Paladins are already enough to screw their day.

The Arma Gigas has an 8-A feat of cutting apart the queen lancer who no sold weiss' attacks and a massive explosion of dust comparable to if not superior to what Weiss used to perform her 8-A feat. They are very blatantly 8-A

Weiss's 8-A feat is an outlier. We've been through this a thousand times. Stop restarting the argument.

Thomas The hype Engine said:
Ok,I just checked the weiss freezing feat:
https://youtu.be/ctiDu69kIho?t=589

This does not at all resemble a truncated cone, in fact the area it's on is far too narrow for it to possibly be a truncated cone, in fact the very next show seems to demosntrate it's depth is equal to the diameter of the individual spires. Calc needs to be revised.
Since this seems to have been missed.

And I've already debunked your reasoning and explained why it's not. Stop ignoring such blatant feats and just accept that you're wrong.

The amount of dust Weiss used in the 8-A feat left her no worse for the fear. She performed the 8-A feat extremely casually. Somehow I'm supposed to believe her output is casually 100 times above what Nora struggled to accomplish, the same value that is extremely consistent. Right.

You haven't debunked anything. You fled the argument and ignored all the posts before my recent one. A lot of people are agreeing with 8-B only scaling to Penny and Velvet after I pointed out that it was her laser that destroyed the True Paladin.

I've called you out over 10 times on this. Please stop.

Yes, because it doesn't scale to her physical stats and never has, its like scaling a human to the rocket launcher they're using

There is absolutely no reason for everyone to not be 8-B scaling from velve, penny, and the paladins

Still waiting for you to post these supposedly non casual 8-C feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back