• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Stat Revision: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ryu

On Weekly's words, the Arma Gigas is 8-A because it is one of Weiss's best summons.

And Weiss was able to block its strikes, harm it with her sword and even disarm it, which would make her strength scale. Which brings me back to the previous thread, where we disagreed fiercely with 8-A for striking strength

I am fairly sure there's proof that the others scale to Penny. I'd have to go back.

Penny used a special laser attack that required charge up time to do her 8-B feat, and she never used the same attack against Pyrrha. Penny also got defeated by her own attack being knocked back at her, which is evidence of her Durability not scaling to her own AP as well.

Also, about Adam Taurus destroying the Spider Droid that Weekly used as a support for 8-A (and later High 8-C after it was debunked to that level)

When you account for the 90% hollowness suggested by Iwandesu, you get 3721643.16 cubic centimeters. Multiply by 1000 for Violent Fragmentation, and you have 3721643160 joules, or about 0.8894 tons of TNT, which is 8-C+.

Yet another 8-C+ done by someone who could defeat Team RWBY with ease.

Also, note that Yang is extremely furious when she battles Adam, and charges him at full power, and gets her arm cut off with ease. He was somewhat above his 8-C+ feat, I'd put him around Mercury's level of 1.4 tons. This means that 8-C+ is not something Team RWBY can do casually, it is something that requires effort on their part, and even with their semblance they're only "At least 8-C+".

This debunks the argument that the 8-C+ feats are casual. Most of them required noticeable effort, and it's a consistent level.

WEISS' 8-A Feat DOES NOT scale to her striking strength only to her maximum Dust output and her Summons

Dont have long as I'm at work

Calling of all of RWBY supersonic because they are "bullet timers" is crazy considering they dont even fire bullets, they use dust rounds, and their weapon technology is way more advanced than ours. Hell some of their weapons use lasers. Also, Yang earlier in the series faced down like 14 guns and smiled. She was realing from the events that just happened, not the 7 mooks around her (which Weiss destroys dozens of effortlessly a few episodes later without being hit.) My point being, they dont use bullets and their technology in regards to weapons is clearly more advanced. Which makes it absurd to say they are just bullet timers. The lightning dodge isnt an outlier. Even if Amber's magical lightning was slower it came from a much shorter distance.

@Kepekley23

Could you help me make a feats list like I did with Superman, Power Rangers, and Dragon Ball to lay out all the feats with links to their calculations to help clear up everything? I've been trying to find some of the calculated feats you mentioned last thread.

@Morlock

I don't get what you're trying to get at here. So they don't use bullets. Well now they aren't even bullet timers I guess, since the shockwave of a bullet travels slower than the bullet itself.

Also your lightning statement makes no sense. It doesn't matter what distance it covered if it isn't real lightning.

Also do we even have specificafions for the spider mech? Without it how would it even be possible to calc that? Earlier in the black trailer they were cleaving through robots likw butter, but couldnt even scratch the spider mech. Clearly its materials were a lot more durable, so it wouldnt even be possible to get an actual useable calc out of it.

@Assaltwaffle no you misunderstood. They don't even use bullets so we don't have feats for bullet timing, because they aren't bullets. And you also misunderstood the lightning. Mercury and emerald dodged natural lightning, but mercury was hit by Amber' s magical lightning that came out of her hand. What I said was even if the magical lightning was slower, it doesn't mean Mercury could have reacted to it, since the distance wasn't as far

Weiss was explicitly unable to do any sort of damage to the Arma Gigas and it was flat out stated that it was desig ed to be immensely stronger than her and something she wouldnt be able to beat, forcing her to attack the grimm controllingnit by hitting its weak points in order to defeat it

The Arma Gigas was also stated to be on the same level as an atlesian paladin, which again took basically no damage from the students individually and required them working together to do any damage at all. The paladin also explicitly dealt severe damage to yang, which activated her semblance, allowing her to oneshot it once it was active. This is again shown later in the show where it takes a group of students to fight two paladins, with weiss' Arma Gigas partial summon casually bisecting a damaged paladin

Later in the series the Gigas shreds the Queen Lancer, which not only was completely undamaged by Weiss' attacks, but shrugged off a massive amount of raw dust being detonated in its face.

Tldr: The students are 8-B scaling from penny's feat and from being weaker than a baseline 8-A feat by by a decent amount but being able to tank hits from and somewhat damage them, as well as the numerous casual 8-C+ feats. Weiss with her max dust and summons and yang with her semblance are 8-A.

So in essence, the magical lightning could have been slower, could have been faster. But him not dodging it doesn't cancel out him dodging natural lightning before, since the distance was less to dodge the magical lightning

Mercury being hit by magical lightning in tandem with other Supersonic feats does cancel out him dodging natural lightning

But there aren't other supersonic feats. Those come from bullet timing but they aren't bullets. Mhs isn't an outlier because it's like, the only actual speed feat we have

Sorry, had to go to the bathroom.

@Kep You need to let go of the idea that Adam is only 8-C

An Adam who was only high-end 8-C+ sliced Yang's arm with ease while she was at full rage. Unless you think he was using his 7-B there somehow, yes, he was only 8-C+ at the time.

Weiss was explicitly unable to do any sort of damage to the Arma Gigas and it was flat out stated that it was desig ed to be immensely stronger than her and something she wouldnt be able to beat, forcing her to attack the grimm controllingnit by hitting its weak points in order to defeat it

1. Absolutely false. I posted multiple scans of Weiss doing well against it.

2. False. It was stated it was designed for Weiss to be unable to defeat. Nowhere is it stated she couldn't do shit against it. If it was, it would be a false statement because feats go against it, with Weiss disarming it and stunning it constantly, as well as blocking it strikes.

The Arma Gigas was also stated to be on the same level as an atlesian paladin, which again took basically no damage from the students individually and required them working together to do any damage at all. The paladin also explicitly dealt severe damage to yang, which activated her semblance, allowing her to oneshot it once it was active. This is again shown later in the show where it takes a group of students to fight two paladins, with weiss' Arma Gigas partial summon casually bisecting a damaged paladi

An Arma Gigas level Paladin tanks 8-C attacks, and has casual 9-A feats. Normal feats for a 8-C+ character. Absolutely nothing suggests they are 8-A other than powerscaling which Azzy, Matt and I debunked several times in the original thread. You're now ignoring my last post and starting anew.

Tldr: The students are 8-B scaling from penny's feat

Wrong. I've already debunked this 3 times. Nobody scales to Penny. Please post evidence instead of repeating this over and over again like my arguments don't exist.

and from being weaker than a baseline 8-A feat by by a decent amount

Weiss's 8-A feat is an outlier, already repeated the reasons one thousand times in this thread and everyone knows them by now.

s well as the numerous casual 8-C+ feats.

False.

Weekly, please bring up something new. No offense.

Also, Matt, Azzy and I have already told you many, many times that you are not proving anything new, you're making people scale more to the 8-A feat and acting like those are new 8-A feats instead of powerscaling.

@Morlock

Uh, RWBY bullets are as fast as real bullets. "More advanced technology" doesn't mean anything. A taser is centuries more advanced than a 1890 Winchester shotgun, but many times slower. In fact, there are Magnums from 1950 that are still far above Desert Eagles today

Adam is 7-B, using him to claim that someone isn't 8-B because he cut their arm off makes zero sense.

Disarming someone doesnt automatically make you the same tier as them

An Arma Gigas level paladin would be 8-A dcaling from an arma gigas that has an 8-A feat. Once again youre ignoring any sort of scaling and jist going by what the character has on their own. You never once debunked the gigas being 8-A scaling from the queen lancer

There is no reason for people to not scale to penny

I have already proven why its not an outler, just a feat for only the absolute strongest stuff from the mid low tiers

Please show me one 8-C feat that wasnt casual

No one other than semblance yang scales to the 8-A feat, stop saying everyone does when they dont

Stop repeating that as if it overrides the scans that prove you wrong. It doesn't.

If this is a competition of who can repost, I will keep repeating the feats until you stop with the "I said so"s.

Here we assume they are until otherwise proven. They use machine guns and snipers. It's the same speed.

@Weekly

1. When his feat was High 8-C, you were saying he needed an amp to fight Yang (which glosses over the fact his robot feat required his semblance as well) and it would scale to her, despite the fact it was an one shot fight. Now that I debunked it again you're saying he is vastly above her and it doesn't prove anything. Which is it?

In both cases, Adam tapped into his Semblance for a mere instant before deactivating it. The feats are basically mirrored. He tapped into similar powers.

I'm actually starting to doubt Adam is even 7-B to begin with, seeing as Mercury and Emerald ran away from Qrow but had no qualms with getting Adam to join them.

2. You're arguing the Arma Gigas is physically 8-A, the fact that Weiss disarmed it in a melee fight means she scales, which makes the feat an outlier. Make up your mind regarding the issue.

3. Weiss's feat is an outlier and doesn't scale to anyone because she herself scales to it. If you backtrack we'll just repost the arguments that backed you into a corner. Make up your mind here.

4. The feats disagree. Stop avoiding my Penny posts and just saying it isn't true. Counter it or stop and admit you can't.

5. Okay

a. Yang at full power getting one-shotted by an Adam with his Semblance, the same Adam who is casually somewhere above 8-C+.

b. Nora smashing a guy through a boulder, which required her Semblance and was said by multiple people over the OBD to be a high feat for them.

And some others I will check.

@Morlock435

They are literally using guns with dust as a propellant. How do you think Ren's and Blake's guns work?

Adam is 7-B since Cinder avoided fightning him till after she got the Maiden's power.

Cinder threaten Adam to join her, if she had the power to one shot him before then why did she leave when Adam threaten her?

Why is Base Cinder 7-B? The logic in her profile would make Mercury and Emerald "Possibly 7-B", which scales to Pyrrha, which then scales to the entire verse.

IDK everyone else said she was 7-B and I can't remember.

I'll find the thread that made her 7-B.

Wait, so magical elements don't need to adhere to the scientific, real elements, yet can still be ranked the same?

@Ryu

8-C+ feats are casual

If they arent 8-B by post time skip, I think it is ignoring what we have debated above. Heck, we can even assume so for pre timeskip, but that is just me.

As for speed...

not sure, I will get back to you on that.

I do think however if we dismiss it for everyone in rwby with this logic, we cant do so with Ruby.

She outran Mercury who has a MHS feat.

Which would look like

Hypersonic with Massively Hypersonic Short Burst Speed (Since that is how her semblance works)

8-C+ feats are casual

No they aren't

One of Nora's 8-C+ feat was with her Semblance and needed effort, her base 8-C+ feat also required effort.

8-C+ with effort fits ´perfectly with Qrow being 9-A by existing and destroying everyone in his way with minimal effort, backing up his 7-B rating

Kepekley23 said:
I can mention them getting hit by rustling leaves, I can mention Yang being worried when surrounded by several shooters at once, I can also mention Coco being worried when she hears a bullet behind her.

It's an outlier all the same, just chose a different example.
And i can mention the countless times that Captain America, Wolverine and Deadpool have been harmed by bullets. Steve was even killed by one lol. The fact of the matter is that they are rightfully 8-A, and the author/creater of a series or character can make even the most powerful of characters be susceptible to damage from the weakest of weapons. The video that calced the Deadpool feats even outright states this you know. If we are going to downgrade RWBY for such inane reasons then we should downgrade lots of characters for the same reasons.

I have no problem leaving it at that since it doesn't really affect my argument, but if the reasoning is flawed that might be another revision

Base Cinder only did a little better than Mercury and Emerald against Amber, when she appeared Amber swatted her away and both Merc and Emerald had to replace her, and she defeated Amber by catching her off guard while she was going to kill Merc and Em

In fact, Mercury arguably took Amber's surprise attacks better than Cinder

Nothing really suggests she is hundreds of times above them, they were all portrayed as relatively equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back