• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3667021#79

I doubt he'll even try to appear again, but in case he does, I think CorrectingYourMistakes needs a good warning. He was unnecessarily hoatile declaring others wankers, which is itself not a big deal, but was also antagonistic to the whole website saying we had no clue what we were doing and came here to "correct us". I really couldn't careless and he can have his opinion, but this smells like someone that will be an immense pain in any thread he tries to partake in. This is more of a "keep an eye on him".

He seems like a troll ngl, as looking through his edits, the only thing he did was wank his own characters and badmouth the wiki, while calling whoever he was arguing with as kids, so yeah either an obnoxious idiot or an ineffective troll. Might be personal bias on my part however, so...

Nonetheless he should get a warning I suppose

A dude got banned for that a few days ago, a two week ban. Considering that person was much more insistent/unapologetic/inflammatory than this dude is (from what I can tell), I think a lighter punishment is in order despite the similarity between the cases.

That link breaks when clicking, anyone interested use this link instead.

For my personal thoughts, none of A Stone Orc's replies on that blog seem like trolling or harassment, just responding as most users do to the content of a blog.

That URL links to a blank page for me. But looking at the actual blog, I didn't see any trolling or anything report worthy. All I saw was just some standard debating.

''Another'' person saying MLP fans are pedos?

Yep, Stoned Orc basically did nothing wrong, and if you were so worried of people commenting on your unfinished blog, JohnCenaNation, you should've unchecked the commenting section before publishing it, and then rechecked it once you were done. It wouldn't be trolling nonetheless anyhow, unless you wanna argue the staff that visited the page are trolling too

Thank you for helping out.

I was told to make this report for Corgi the Gen Z God aka Violet Void. His official final warning was this. It has been a almost 2 months and this was three threads ago, but his behavior hasn't really changed for better at all.

You can see on the same thread if you scroll down to the bottom that he persisted on spamming, and he got really upset at me for removing his posts. A pretty common job here that's literally stated in the OP not to derail. But I'll get to stuff like that later.

He also said more stuff here right out of the blue. Specifically these four comments here. He insulted Cal behind his back when he wasn't even on the thread.

And there are many other examples in an above thread linked above. To quote Sera, quite literally everyone on the website needs to grow some thicker skin, or even everyone off site as well. But Corgi was being explosive and acting like trash talking the wiki offsite especially with the severity of it in context, when they get explosive about Matt for simply saying "The arguments don't hold up."

I also feel I should link these scans. Aside from some drama which Violet Void was banned by Mr Bambu for. There was also the link of him sending Wokistan a false report based on personal vendatta. He claimed I called him "The worst person ever" when if you read what I actually said, I simply said he was "One of the worst people to violate Fandom's terms of service"; which is vastly different. And in actuality, the comments were removed just for derailment. I also feel the need to quote Bambu that trash talking the wiki on Discord is not an excuse to performing awful duties just because it happened behind closed doors.

Sera also said she has her two cents, but I'll let her comment.

This seems like enough grounds to ban him. He has had his chances. The off site stuff should probably be handled elsewhere though as it didn't happen on the wiki.

Yeah, Violet's been generally problematic in most threads I come across involving him, and the cal stuff is legit disruptive and rude, so I'd vouch for a month long ban for him.

I'll come back to defend myself. This is not right and it's essentially bringing back old beef months ago. But I'm at work so I can't really do much rn.

I would appreciate input from more staff members regarding this.

Corgi the Gen Z God said:
I'll come back to defend myself. This is not right and it's essentially bringing back old beef months ago. But I'm at work so I can't really do much rn.
If you're continuing behaviour that you got told to stop months ago, then it's okay to "bring back old beef".

@DDM From what I can tell and remember he wasn't spamming the old RVT, he was arguing to defend himself incessantly to the point where he was disrupting the thread. I think this is a really important distinction to make, and isn't something worth banning over, since his warn had nothing to do with that.

Those horrid "unjustified insults behind Cal's back!" are a real nothingburger imo. "Cal is biased against sonic" is really contributing to a member getting banned? His other three messages were him not understanding why you'd take an issue with it, no insults or bad behaviour.

Those "other examples in the thread linked above" were already dealt with with a warning, he should only get in trouble if he continues behaviour, he shouldn't get in trouble for something he was already reported for months ago if there's no more substance.

After reading those Discord scans, all the ones are bad are the ones he got his last warning for. I think the way you're portraying his HR group report is overblown and really goes against the spirit of what we should be aiming for with HR group.

All of those seem like things that a member not very familiar with the rules could reasonably consider reportable offenses. It seems reasonable enough to mistake "The worse person ever" with "One of the worst people to violate Fandom's terms of service", I know that myself and many many others have had miscommunications on that level before. Remembering something you're upset about a little different from reality isn't a false report - it's something that HR group should look into and realize (as I assume they did here).

You deleting his posts definitely isn't a reportable offence, but imo just sending a single report to HR group over one non-reportable offence shouldn't be considered a violation on a user's part, as this heavily discourages people from sending reports to HR group. I want HR group to ultimately be a thing people feel comfortable submitting reports about staff members to, even if not every report ends up resulting in the staff member being found in the wrong.

tl;dr most of this is old, the new stuff is one insanely minor insult of calling a person biased for one verse, and one misguided HR group report. None of this should result in Corgi being banned.

I haven't seen the other stuff, but I will note that it's definitely not a fake report. (Also, how do you even have pics of my dms?Edit: He sent pics to a server that ddm got pics from, so that's just on him.)

Screenshot (397)
It was said "You're legit one of the worst people here who the violates community guidelines by using inappropriate words and ignores warnings as Antvasima said." Now you may not have meant it like that, but even I read that as saying that he was one of the worst people in general and saying that he violated guidelines as the reasoning for it. There's also that the only difference between "worst person" and "worst person who violates the guidelines" is semantic at best.

I also agree with agnaa on that trying to get someone banned because he reported someone to HR just makes people not want to do that. It'd be one thing if it was doctored or whatever, but I went and checked and as you can see from my screenshot, that statement very much happened and we'd handle that ourselves anyways.

Now, as for the on site thing: They did happen after the warning, but given that Cal himself has literally admitted to that bias I really don't see how that's banworthy. Abrasive sure, but banning people for saying someone else is biased just seems real dumb. The other 4 comments are from the same thing, as opposed to being 4 other instances.

This is just everyone giving everyone rather minor insults and trying to get one another in trouble over it, except it happened months ago and got resurrected now for some reason.

I have been told that VioletVoid/Corgi has also behaved very badly via Discord.

After reading those Discord scans, all the ones are bad are the ones he got his last warning for.

There's plenty more where those came from, though. A lot of them after he received his final warning.

Antvasima said:
I have been told that VioletVoid/Corgi has also behaved very badly via Discord.
You're gonna ban someone for behaving badly off-site?

It'd be different if he was messaging people from the wiki and starting to cause trouble, but he hasn't done so with the intention of causing an issue. That's all I really had to say, I'm not gonna give input on the rest.

I don't think he should be banned for things off site if they don't affect the wikia, it's like banning for things people might say irl for example, but I don't want to get involved into this off site talk

I thought that he had been causing trouble with some of our members via Discord, but I am not certain. Sera is better informed than I am.

If most of the stuff is from the past for which he was already warned, then I'm with Agnaa.

However, I agree that stuff that happens in discord shouldn't be brushed aside completely (at this point I don't know about what happened there exactly, I'm just speaking in general). It tells a lot about a person's mindset, motives and behavioural patterns and it was the reason why the whole "discord" incident took place.

@Ant As far as I can tell that was all part of the last report

@Sera And I thought I responded to those? But looking over them there's one I failed to respond to. Where Corgi said "I'm yeeting on DDM's mom to this song" from one day after he got warned. Knowing what yeet means I don't think this is meant to imply r*ping DDM's mom as DDM suggested. I don't think this adds enough substance to make Corgi bannable.

We banned that group on the Discord because they were working behind the scenes to get various staff members banned, as well as spreading personal photos of users. Can you see the difference in scale between that and "yeet on your mom"?

@Agnaa

You didn't. There's way more scans than those linked above that not only involve Corgi, but several others as well. Have you seen the insults towards Dragonmaster for example? How about the one where he says "Sera is married and ugly"? I'm not sure you have because from what I've seen in that link, it's only a few scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back