• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sera If they weren't linked as evidence I can't have seen them, and can't base my evaluation on this report off of them.

He got banned from vs central. The other one is probably still pretty bad (haven't looked at it in a while) but last time I did it was just bad in general and not as directly linked to vbw besides people not liking ddm and matt.

Someone calling someone a wanker really isn't worth getting upset over. I believe we established that it wasn't worth reporting

I was told to make this report for Corgi the Gen Z God aka Violet Void. His official final warning was this. It has been a almost 2 months and this was three threads ago, but his behavior hasn't really changed for better at all.
"His behavior hasn't really changed for better at all."? One can find evidence to the contrary in this very thread. If you were to scroll above and check his most recent messages (where he is addressing the staff member "Sera EX"), you can see he is presenting his criticisms in a reserved and collected demeanor, especially when compared to the other RVT.

You can see on the same thread if you scroll down to the bottom that he persisted on spamming, and he got really upset at me for removing his posts. A pretty common job here that's literally stated in the OP not to derail. But I'll get to stuff like that later.
If memory doesn't fail me, due to the existence of documentation of the incident, which happens to include some screenshots of some of the messages before their deletion, it was called into question by Corgi whether or not your basis for deleting those messages were as simple and straightforward as would be indicated by your statements here.
If we are to bring this incident into the table as a piece of evidence to support your assertions here, I'm sure you'd agree that said documentation should also be presented in order to provide more fair and accurate insight to what happened and why Corgi had concerns regarding the matter (as already has been done to some extent through the conversation with Wokistan you've shared bellow).

He also said more stuff here right out of the blue. Specifically these four comments here. He insulted Cal behind his back when he wasn't even on the thread.
These are not insults. He simply stated his opinion regarding the behavior of a certain member in regards to how they feel about a certain verse.
Yes, it was unnecessary and not constructive, but he did drop the subject. I don't see how this is any different from the behavior recently displayed by a certain member in the Sonic Shuffle 2-B thread, who was reprimanded with what amounts to a relative smack on the wrist, nor how this minor offense is at all a significant factor towards getting him banned.

And there are many other examples in an above thread linked above. To quote Sera, quite literally everyone on the website needs to grow some thicker skin, or even everyone off site as well. But Corgi was being explosive and acting like trash talking the wiki offsite especially with the severity of it in context, when they get explosive about Matt for simply saying "The arguments don't hold up."
I'm pretty sure Corgi addressed this very same "explosive off-site behavior" complaint you're making in his reply to Sera EX. From what I see, the arguments he made are quite sound and valid, so unless you have a counter for those, I think it covers this point well enough.
Furthermore, saying something on Discord, on servers unrelated to the Wiki in any substantial official capacity is in no way comparable to saying something in the wiki and shouldn't be treated as an even remotely equivalent offense.

I also feel I should link these scans. Aside from some drama which Violet Void was banned by Mr Bambu for. There was also the link of him sending Wokistan a false report based on personal vendatta. He claimed I called him "The worst person ever" when if you read what I actually said, I simply said he was "One of the worst people to violate Fandom's terms of service"; which is vastly different. And in actuality, the comments were removed just for derailment. I also feel the need to quote Bambu that trash talking the wiki on Discord is not an excuse to performing awful duties just because it happened behind closed doors.
These comments are not based on any personal vendettas, that is pure conjecture on your part. Rather, it was based on valid concerns Corgi had in regards to the behavior of a moderator that he then voiced to HR. Which, to my understanding at least, is a perfectly acceptable thing for a user like him to do.
These are relatively comparable statements, or at least ones that can be reasonably be understood as comparable statements, so it's not like he was making that much of a stretch. Either way, he also voiced other concerns, as seen in the screenshots themselves, so it's not like it makes that much of a difference. At most he misunderstood something you said and got the idea you were making a more egregious claim than you actually were, which given the least bit of credit can just be written off as a reasonable mistake. Also, while he has made some rude comments off-site and he's admittedly not the most tactful person, he did not do it with the intention of spreading it onto the wiki itself.

I don't see why he should be banned.

I'm not too comfortable with my unofficial server's rulings being used to back up a ban here, but otherwise, this makes sense.

I'm speaking in general, sure insults aren't pleasant but escalating it to the point of being compared to legitimate criminal activity is too much imo, either way I won't waste any more time on this thread, since I'm not experienced with this kind of scenario (I'll just have to hope the system takes it's due course).

I'm still supporting a ban. Corgi is a really aggresive person, along with how he r-slured Ant on MYHERO's discord, and keep in mind, a number of users got banned in a ban wave for insulting Ant and others on discord. This includes Filfourne, Unite My Rice, Thebluedash, etc., who where staff members once

Void's only recurring problem post-final warning on-site is his deranged view of the staff being corrupt people that want to make everyone's little hobby frustrating when they're just doing their jobs.

Is this ban worthy? No. Is he a pain to talk to and try to reason with? Absolutely.

I'm neutral here because I don't want anything to do with him. If Medeus wants to post his assortment of scans later, he's welcome to. I'm just tired of being a part of this bullshit just because I'm a fan and knowledgeable member of Sonic. It's why I'm retiring from the verse entirely. I'd rather not be a part of this anymore.

Sadistic Sleuth said:
Wasn't several people (I.E, LordXCano) banned for insulting members off-site?
It's absolutely true. Sonic in this wiki is choked by an echo-chamber of people that just support each other in every upgrade imaginable and nobody does anything because the walls are impenetrable to outsiders.

It's true for most verses actually.

And if you complain? Boo Hoo you're just a hater / opponent get of my lawn and let me wank with my friends who like the series!

I mean, I'm a member and I was very insulted but receiving insults doesn't make me want to ban or block the other person. Banning people or blocking them should be decided by actions and intent.

BigSmoke4269 said:
I'm really not surprised if this breaks the rules here.
(I hope it doesn't though)
Considering how copywrite trigger happy Derek Savage is, I'd say it would be safer to not have the profile on the wiki to avoid drama with him

My bad, man I suck at elaborating things.

What I meant is that Insulting Staff members and getting banned is easier than insulting other members. But both are bannable nontheless. Corgi did both

pretty sure we don't instaban people for insulting people though

And yeah given Derek Savage and his history of impersonating a law firm it's prob best to not

Considering how copywrite trigger happy Derek Savage is, I'd say it would be safer to not have the profile on the wiki to avoid drama with him

He has stated that he's okay with "fans" using his content as long as it's not monetized.

It is not allowed to severely insult normal members either. However, depending on how useful and hardworking a member is for the site overall, we sometimes have to be more lenient. It isn't entirely fair, but I am afraid that it is necessary for the wiki to function properly. We almost always tell them that they have to make a serious effort to shape up though.

Sera EX said:
Can we stay on the topic of Void/Corgi? That profile's existence being questionable belongs on a general discussion thread.
Sure... but now i'm wondering if this issue has a secondary objective... cause I don't really know what Sleuth meant by insulting Staff is ban worthy and insulting normal members is not (example: Matt to Sonic supporters)

Matthew has been extremely useful to the site overall for a very long time, and we cannot go around banning staff members as soon as they have a bad day, or feel stressed out from all of the constant demands of the work here. It would quickly destroy the cohesion of the site. We recently did demote Matthew for repeated bad behaviour though.

GojiBoyForever said:
Matt is usually just harsh iirc.
He was kinda using the same language as Corgi has been using on the site lately. I don't know how Matt talks off Wiki like we know how Corgi talks.

There is no "secondary objective". It's completely false that insulting regular users is not bannable or is harder to get you banned. Go ask all those trolls that were harassing ProfessorKukui (a normal user) how "hard" it was for them to get banned.

Two staff were once demoted for bullying a regular user. So no, it's not very difficult for staff to get punished. It just needs to be severe enough due to the trust we built between each other.

Matthew is just being too rude at times when pointing out issues that he is recurrently technically correct about. As far as I have understood, Corgi has been legitimately abusive off-site.

@Sera Ex Ok. I got worried for a moment and my mind went places. I'm just reading the texts from each side and this issue seems personal. I'm hoping that the decision doesn't come from biases from either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back