• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, let's please stop focusing on other unrelated issues and evaluate the one concerning VioletVoid on its own please.

On-site, Corgi just has bad arguments like "you need to be a fan of a series to be knowledgeable"/"being a fan means your argument has more weight than someone who isn't", on top of having controversial political opinions.

Neither of those are ban-worthy. The off-site stuff is another story.

Is the problem with how Corgi thinks about someone and the language he uses when expressing those feelings off the wiki?

Cause I didn't see any criminal activity from DDM's initially post on the matter.

Also DDM's scans of Discord don't seem to be providing context to what Corgi is responding to or his conversation after.

Guess I should further elaborare that this is how Void responded to Dragonmasterxyz telling him to knock it off on a thread.

A highly unnecessary and immature thing to do.

This isn't the only time he's overreacted to something so minute and responded to with aggression, trolling, or hate. When I merely suggested he talk to the people he has problems with, he got very defensive and even got personal.

Now you see why I don't want anything to do with him.

I don't know the context behind the last thing so I won't touch on it.

I agree that the insult he gave Dragon was unnecessary it happened offsite and didn't directly affect anything on the site.

What further context could you possibly need? I showed my message he responded to.

I support Sera, and think that it is very relevant if a member here behaves very badly to other members off-site.

@Goji

Here's the entire conversation up until that point:

https://gyazo.com/7af21c801475b4f3f16fc2371468d613

https://gyazo.com/b775574107ad5591d8d7f83092787c06

https://gyazo.com/989dee82b70b5c20c54a80fc5aedb719

https://gyazo.com/e4bd78b9fef9121fcedb75160aae66ac

https://gyazo.com/f98fd9aeee17ba0ad196360e3a5f9383

https://gyazo.com/d9e680f1b7ed7e3a066df683d8a11e98

@Elixir

He's upset because he got caught saying rude things about people. FYI, I had plenty to be upset with him over first, since it was actually personal. I even got dragged into this because of a personal comment he made about me before I even knew who he actually was.

I don't want to get involved but you also insulted alot of staff and members of the wikia on Discord Sleuth, so you shouldn't talk much tbh

I don't support Violet's ban. While I do think he has done rather questionable and dumb things on the site, banning someone for off-site behavior is absolutely ludicrous unless it's something extreme. You have to have some of the most unrealistic expectations if you don't expect some of the users to get heated off-site. That's the literal point of not doing it on-site from the fact they are trying to not be disruptive if it's just talking about problems. There are things people do off-site all the time that would go against things that happen on Wikia. For example, cursing? I can say from plenty of interactions and friends mods curse off-site and do similar things to where they complain. That's just a human attribute. There needs to be better reasons to ban someone for off-site stuff if they were doing something like attacking the site with sockpuppets, doxxing, etc. Otherwise you might as ban half of this site.

...Inverted actually kinda changed my mind here.

I now think Corgi shoudn't be banned outright, but maybe a warning for aggresive behavior

Tempest, no one said you can't get heated or vent off-site. As I've shown however, Void does in fact vent over minute things and even his friend ShakeResounding admits that he can't keep his mouth shut sometimes. I'm not saying "ban him!" but this is not your typical "venting". BlueDash and them also started off just venting. It eventually became the massive problem that we had to deal with last year.

Venting is not an excuse for personal attacks.

Yeah, in those scans it seems that he felt targeted for being banned about his beliefs and "hate speech". He doesn't necessarily seem aggressive and he said he was joking.

Ok, i'm done with this. I don't think Corgi should be ban because whatever he said didn't effect the site but I'm done because I feel myself starting drama and I hate starting drama.

@Goji

So you think it's okay to "joke" about someone's personal life even when you don't even know them? This was before I even got involved in this stuff.

Well, jokes are meant for different people with different senses of humor. My main point is that you said it fine if it was a joke and he clearly finds humor in certain things that you do not.

Here's the thing about jokes. When you make one, it's for the purpose of making other people laugh and smile. I should now, I make plenty of jokes all the time.

What that guy said... that's not a joke. That's an insult masked in laughs. There is hate and ignorance bred into the words that he typed.

That was not a joke... and as a collector and lover of humor, I find it insulting for anyone to try and use 'It's a joke' as an exuse for such a hateful statement.

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me.

Jokes are highly subjective. To one group might it be highly offensive and to another group it might a joke ou say to your friends and family.

Imma just say I agree with Agnaa and Wokistan that the dude shouldn't be banned for what Medeus posted. However giving his history and what he said, I'd kindly and very much appreciate it if he and anyone else involved in the Sonic fan club would stay away from my wife. Leave her alone. Keep her name out your mouth. Probably be best to not have any contact with her ever and that includes on site (Yes, I'm serious. Please make it work somehow).

This is not a threat, it's just a request from one man to the next. I'm sure despite the stuff he's said Corgi is still somewhat of a reasonable guy. I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone saying that stuff about his girlfriend, sister, or mother. I don't want anyone messing with my wife and stressing her out. This here is just supposed to be a hobby for her. Something for her to do so she can relax after she's spent the day taking care of our two kids. Only reason she's still here is because she's met some genuinely good people here like Antvasima, Medeus, Andy, Wokistan, Crab, Agnaa, etc. etc.

Now I'm not the one to fight another man's battles, especially when he didn't ask me to, but somewhat do the same for my man Cal Howard. He's genuinely a good guy just trying to do his moderator duties while chilling with his buddies. He isn't out here to hurt anybody. Same for Medeus, and even Matt (believe it or not).

TL;DR

Leave each other alone. Stay away from each other for awhile if you have to. Cal and DDM don't always have to respond to Sonic CRTs, let some other mods take a look to let the tension between the Sonic supporters and them die down a bit. Sera gave me her word that she will stop being involved in this mess as we don't want a repeat of 2017's drama, so she won't be messing with Sonic CRTs for a long time.

Hope I was of help somewhat. I also really hope no one takes this aggressively as I'm just looking out for my wife, who's had enough drama, depression, and stress over the course of her time spent on this here fandom. Thank you, and be blessed ƒÿöƒñØ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back