• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3663606#225

Reporting the user Amexim for hostility in this thread

A few highlights:

"You're irrational. Ignore him. Paulo is not using logic."

"Just make it a blog on here and put this shit to bed. God. Why is that not the first option? Is there a rule to blogposts too?"

"No. That's a slippery slope fallacy. It doesn't ****** matter. Unfollowing. Just remember to advocate for the blog option instead of just throwing it to some other wiki because you don't like it."

"You said the same shit 3 times in the exact same way that I knew you would, and I made clear what my perception of your argument is. I didn't strawman anything. You just don't understand and that's your business."

"Toxic? I said one person's name as a benign reference to the "Change my Mind guy" who most people don't even really know— especially with how bad he is as a person. I didn't say anything about BLM or Neonazis. But if you understand the implications of simply knowing that guy, then... Hm. Maybe that's a problem. I dunno. Depends. Either way, no one knows who he is outside of people into politics, so, I didn't MAKE anything political."

He was warned less than a month ago for the exact same type of behavior on another thread. I'm not really advocating for any type of punishment in particular, but people should be aware this isn't anything new.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3663606#227

"No one in opposition would be compelled to follow the rules because of your statement. "Oh, I better follow the rules! Because he said I was supposed to! Even though I didn't really want to or wasn't sure if I should, he told me I should, so my little sheep brain is gonna follow his words like he is a shepherd!"

It's like saying "You shouldn't be gay because you shouldn't be gay," or "You should believe in god because you should believe in god!" You wouldn't convince anyone with that statement for very good reasons. Ugh."

aiyaiyai

If this kind of thing has happened repeatedly before, Amexim is getting closer to a ban.

Yobo Blue said:
I assume you've seen the above comment?
Yeah I removed it. His conduct in general seemed to be bordering on hostile beforehand, but that comment in particular was a no-no.

Shisui, given that you are new and inexperienced with our conventions, it is probably best if you do not interfere in this thread. Thank you.

"I literally did my best to give him the benefit of the doubt. Several times last night. He's demonstrated that he is either bullshitting me or he's got something wrong with him, because you can't just not recognize circular reasoning. I tried SO hard. Very. Shit is ridiculous. It's not just us not agreeing, it's him not being reasonable. But I get the warning. Hm. Ok."

Amexim's response

Advocating for a ban here. These comments are absolutely unacceptable behavior.

Even if what he's saying is true, it's completely uncalled for to call someone that. Yes, a ban for a few weeks seems best because he kept it up even after being warned.

Yobo Blue said:
Wait hold up, what's wrong with how Earl acted here?

This is coming from the guy who stuck with the debate between me, Monkey and Earl for over 100 posts and this should NOT be used as reasoning for why he should be banned, and I really want people to read through these threads before assuming he acts toxic on them.

Earl and I had a long debate but there was nothing really wrong with it. Neither of us were heated, he was really thankful when I, by my own volition postponed the grace Period to hear him out and eventually he conceded and respectfully ended the threadvwith his vote

Fire acted really mature this thread and I hate this being used as reasoning behind "Bad behavior"

Again, three people debated for that thread and it's entirety and I was one of them, I should know.

I agree with Rin here, I gave him a warning but if he continues on like that a temp ban would be needed.

Constantly belittling the intelligence of users and straight saying he doesn't have to follow the rules of the wiki is not ground for just "a strict warning", especially in the case that he's been warned before.

So for how long should we ban Amexim? For a month?

Also, what should the ban reason say?

Antvasima said:
So for how long should we ban Amexim? For a month?

Also, what should the ban reason say?
I'm no staff, but I believe "extremely hostile and not willing to heed warnings would suffice."

Maybe two months in my opinion, but that's up to staff

It was suggested 3 weeks to a month, and I would suggest the reasoning being something like "Has been unreasonably aggressive, hostile and insulting people despite multiple warnings, and needs some time to cool off."

@Medeus

That seems fine. Feel free to apply the ban.

I'd say a month is definitely the absolute upper bound of the ban time. Would be fine with a lower value as well.

3 weeks seems a bit more fair, if I recall correctly another user who had a pretty big outburst only got 3 weeks for much worse behavior imo. 3 weeks to a month should be the most.

Crabwhale said:
Constantly belittling the intelligence of users and straight saying he doesn't have to follow the rules of the wiki is not ground for just "a strict warning"
In context, he's not talking about himself, I believe he's saying that CH should be allowed to be an exception to our composite policies, which he currently is already.

I have blocked him for a month, based on Crabwhale's suggestion, if another Admin thinks 3 weeks is safer, than can do so.

Edit: changed it to 3 weeks, I misread what he said and saw Rin's suggestion.

GyroNutz said:
In context, he's not talking about himself, I believe he's saying that CH should be allowed to be an exception to our composite policies, which he currently is already.
It still doesn't exactly tell a good story about his behavior.

He was saying it shouldn't be higher than a month, I don't think he actively wanted that long of a block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back