• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
They definitely quickly went over the line with this hostile and mocking behaviour.

I would appreciate if some other staff member gives them a strict warning each.

I don't think the comment is worth bringing up, even if he's new just saying something negative about the wiki instead of outright bashing it shouldn't mean much

I'm also not sure what our policies regarding necros are atm

The discussion rules just say not to bump 3 month old threads but that we make an exception for vs threads

Did anybody give warnings to the other two new members?

The members in question have made it clear that they are going to continue to disobey, disrespect, be hostile to, and mock the staff: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3245556#50

Personally, I do not think that they seem mentally adapted for this environment, and will strictly continue to frenetically pester us if we let them remain.

So, should we block them then?

IAntvasima said:
So, should we block them then?
Honestly, I am not opposed to block or warning since KTouma545 and TArclight are so new. I do want to bring the fact the topics they look to argued about were brought up in past threads and were rejected not long ago.

I want to bring up the last point in threads are perhaps the most direspectful comments that I saw people made against unruly and disrespectful that I saw made against the wiki community and staffs.

I guess they broke these rule sites:

• Avoid talking badly about other wikis and communities, as we do not want any conflicts or bad blood. It is considered especially negative to talk badly about the excellent Anime Characters Fight wiki, as its staff has been of great help for developing this site. Also, we respect the OBD for making lots of useful calculations, so do not insult them either. In addition, do not write anything that can be interpreted as harassment of real people.
  • That said, we must also have the right to defend ourselves within our own borders. As such, everybody who visit this wiki strictly to attack us, or try to dismantle our tiering system, are categorically permanently banned from our community.

Tbf this really is something that would normally get you banned. Assuming they both just came here

Okay. Thank you for the input. Is one of you willing to permanently block them then.

I anticipate that he's a troll/sock, but I left him a message asking him to change his username just in case.

Yeah, I think those two might be trolls and possibly socks of each other, especially since they're kudosing their own posts and claiming their favorite character is "******* on this site". But I think a warning for both of them is fine. I got a little tied up with stuff IRL so I can't warn them ATM.

I would appreciate if somebody could check up if we should ban the last 3 mentions.

Possibly a troll thread? It was created by one of the two possible socks/trolls who were just arguing for alien x being more powerful/being S*** on... Which leaves me thinking this is a troll rather then simply a poorly made thread

Yes, it seems to be sockpuppet accounts of the trolls that I banned earlier.

I will block them.

I'm honestly not sure if this is report worthy, but I think it should at least be brought up. The user Likelytierzero made a thread (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3265280) that was closed down by Antvasima due to it already being discussed on a separate thread. Almost immediately afterwards he just created the thread again (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3269251) despite already knowing it was unnecessary. His contribution history in general seems to be quite intrusive, such as contacting admins for pointless reasons. At the very least, I think someone should talk to him about proper discussion on here.

As a clarification, I had been starting no beef. JohnCenaNation already has a clear history since before of just starting discussions where he keeps a nonflexible mind and just continues arguing against ideas just because he dislikes them, even admitting it himself once.

Granted on second thought, that's actually unnecessary I can't argue that. I acted too much based on previous occasions where he made many threads just like this that went absolutely nowhere, so I'll abstain from doing that again.

Okay. There doesn't seem to be a problem then.

He was banned long before I ever joined, but I think I recall there have been plenty of times he pretended to be much nicer only to do a U-Turn. And wasn't he one of the worst trolls NarutoForums ever had? I know he's also been a really bad JRPG downplayer alongside a lot of the Anime/Manga verses.

However, I believe it was Matthew Schroeder who might know more about him. But I'm willing to here what other staff members and former staff members; preferably those who known him for long to have the best say.

I wasn't around ether but I know about Tonathan's infamous behavior and seen his terrible attitude on threads in Narutoforums.

So personally i'd say be very cautious and do what you think is best.

I think that he was being relentlessly unreasonable in trying to perform very drastic upgrades to his favourite characters, and wouldn't drop it no matter what.

This was early in the rebuilding of the wiki. We had a small staff, were considerably more inexperienced, and had to be stricter to restrain the chaotic nature of the wiki back then. Things have stabilised since then.

Honestly, I wasn't active when he was banned so I don't know much. Howver, based from on informations brought about his past notoriety, I am extremely skeptical and like @AKM Sama I don't trust Tonathan100.

It wasn't just his wank and downplay habits, it is true that he tried to paint Superman and DC Comics as the most powerful character and verse in fiction at every opportunity he saw and downplay pretty much every other medium. People could basically say he was a BeyonderGod Jr. But he's also frequently been extremely hostile on NarutoForums and was constantly showcasing this "I am God" attitude towards everyone who disagrees with him. I think some examples shown on the Chrono Trigger calcs comment section also give examples. I think he also harassed ProtoDude/ClassicGameGuys often.

There are also times where he apologized for his behavior, but immediately went back to causing trouble the very day he was unbanned. He also has done pretty much the same type of stuff in both 2017 and 2018.

I don't know anything about the guy, but to be fair to him those are all posts from like 2016, that's 3 years ago.

I've checked his posts on spacebattles, since it looks like he's most active there, and he didn't seem to be that bad, at least not to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back