• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Can one of our administrators investigate please?

Can one of our administrators investigate please?
Excuse me for commenting here. I need to clear something regarding Theglassman12 accusations.

Null explained how haxes and concepts works in MG. But Thegalssman12 just made his own headcanon and brush it off. He kept on denying the points. Even Null pointed out. Not only him whole thread pointed out Theglassman12 being completely wrong on interpretation on the verse. Still he reported me as condescending. I don't see how me giving a Wincons for Anos is condescending in when his whole Argument are just ignoring the things which wiki accepted. Anos profile even has ability affecting Acausality type 4.

About one more thing he kept on arguing same thing. Corruption affecting concepts. When i even tagged the page for corruption explanation page for wiki.

Anyway i just wanted to say Theglassman12 started being ignorant on every arguments. I know he is a staff i hope i get some netural judgement after seeing the whole thread. Even though i am a normal user in wiki.

Anyway if my argument in thread felt like condescending sorry for that i was only refering to how abilities works. I will leave it up your judgement.
That would be better. But you can just take a look at this. It was even before i commented in that thread. All who were following that thread already pointed out he was wrong from the beginning only. I have nothing else to say.

Okay. That is probably fine then. Would you be willing to handle it please?

I always post content revision threads when I make major and/or subjective changes to profiles, but since content revision threads often take a while to conclude, I don't post any if the changes I want to make don't affect the profile much and/or are concrete. I enjoy spiffying profiles beyond only fixing grammatical errors, which I have done before, and that message from @Sparkive is the first time anyone has been bothered by this. If you analyze what happened in detail, you can figure out that their report is a waste of your time. I'll do clarifications below about what that user listed, though.
-Ability to break the fourth wall to BF & GF,
-Weaknesses in the pages of BF & Monster,
-Monster Intelligence Change,
-Monster optional equipment.
  • The fourth wall awareness additions add practically nothing to Boyfriend and Girlfriend, so it isn't a big deal. Fourth wall awareness doesn't count as being keen in Friday Night Funkin', and otherwise is not the same as breaking the fourth wall where the characters can interact with the user interface. What I added is more of a neat fact that people missed.
  • The weaknesses I wrote are already established facts that were not written on the profiles, so I was being helpful by putting them in the Weaknesses sections. If Boyfriend loses a singing competition, he gets blue balled and his bones crack. It's simply how it works with him, and Boyfriend's bones cracking was already mentioned elsewhere on the very same page I edited. Boyfriend having this weakness is the same concept as Girlfriend's parents being very prideful of their singing careers is a weakness because that's why they don't wreck Boyfriend bluntly and immediately. This also applies to how Lemon Monster stops troubling the opponent if he is defeated in a singing competition. Exactly like Daddy Dearest, Lemon Monster could wreck Boyfriend, but choses not to when Boyfriend shows his valiance.
  • It's not like I upgraded or downgraded the Intelligence rank of Lemon Monster. The rank that's there was already on the profile before I edited it. What I did is removed the "Unknown" part of his Intelligence rank because that being there was silly, since we do know the intelligence of Lemon Monster. To reflect this, I included the obvious facts that he knows how to sing (which is the whole point of Friday Night Funkin' characters) and that he knows how to cook people (which is Lemon Monster's whole shtick). Often debaters regard a character's intelligence as unknown because the character isn't in enough scenarios for the debater to feel like they can judge the character properly, but I don't find that a good idea when we should be focusing on the adequate information that we do have. Also, Lemon Monster may be insane, but I didn't remove that fact, and due to the fact that Lemon Monster has skills and can make use of them despite being insane, he has no reason to have "Unknown" in his Intelligence section.
  • Due to Lemon Monster not previously having an Optional Equipment section, my edit doesn't interfere with something like a versus thread saying that he'll have all of his optional equipment in a battle, because that wouldn't have happened. As for the edit itself, it makes perfect sense for Lemon Monster to have cooking tools as optional equipment, as it is his entire character to crazily cook people off-screen, which is described in his songs such as "[...] Bake you 'til, golden brown. Stuff you with spices. [...]", so I added cooking tools as optional equipment, as once again more of a neat fact that people missed rather than a notable change.

Any ability additions should require a CRT. Adding/changing a fair amount of stuff to the profile should definitely require a CRT too.
Why is the "I enjoy spiffying profiles beyond only fixing grammatical errors, which I have done before, and that message from @Sparkive is the first time anyone has been bothered by this." part true then? Using the same reasoning as the report from what I see, I should have been told this in many other instances, yet users presumably looked at all other profiles I have spiffied with the feeling of the profiles being correct.
In any case, I know that it is a rule to make a content revision thread before making prominent edits to profiles, so don't worry, this situation is probably just a rarity. If it's not a rarity and my spiffying to other profiles isn't good either, then all I need to do is be a little more careful.

Well, as we mentioned earlier, his changes seem largely uncontroversial and constructive rather than harmful, so I have not prioritised reprimanding him for them in the past, but Krukov is technically correct about that you should preferably ask about any significant changes in content revision threads before you make them.

Can someone tell this guy to stop making extremely low quality CRTs pls? I keep having to tell him and close his extremely poor quality CRTs but he still does it. And every single time, he tries to upgrade a verse to tier 1b or higher over the most random scans/quotes which holds no meaning. Plus a lot of the time he doesn't even bring scans most of the time.

And his arguments couldn't be more lackluster.

He isn't even new, he has been here for like 6 months now and has been making CRTs for good while now. Should know better but ig he doesn't want to learn.

Seriously, at this rate I think a CRT ban is in order since he doesn't really bring anything productive to the community. Well, ofc, except for upgrading everything to tier 1b and higher. Like holy crap, he literally tried to upgrade Rapunzel from Disney to 1-B. And ofc, didn't have scans or anything. Imagine that.

Apologies if this is distracting from the above posts, but do we have a rule against just linking to threads or debunks on other sites as a CRT? I've seen a number of CRTs do this lately (this one being the latest example), and it seems like they always get closed fairly quickly, so if a rule against them isn't already in place, one should be made IMO.

Seriously, at this rate I think a CRT ban is in order since he doesn't really bring anything productive to the community. Well, ofc, except for upgrading everything to tier 1b and higher. Like holy crap, he literally tried to upgrade Rapunzel from Disney to 1-B. And ofc, didn't have scans or anything. Imagine that.
Shouldn't he have already been given a CRT ban? I mean haven't numerous Staff members and users warned him for repeatedly doing this after explaining what he's doing wrong?

Apologies if this is distracting from the above posts, but do we have a rule against just linking to threads or debunks on other sites as a CRT? I've seen a number of CRTs do this lately (this one being the latest example), and it seems like they always get closed fairly quickly, so if a rule against them isn't already in place, one should be made IMO.
Yes we do have a rule - unwritten rule (?) Iirc - regarding this stuff.

Shouldn't he have already been given a CRT ban? I mean haven't numerous Staff members and users warned him for repeatedly doing this after explaining what he's doing wrong?
Soooooo many times.

There doesn't need to be a rule.

If people are linking someone else's debunks, address them and that's that, and if you don't want to go through the thread just ask them to paraphrase them onto the forum itself. Don't see the issue.
IMO it's no different from people posting poorly thought out CRTs with minimal effort put into them, which as shown above, are ******* obnoxious to deal with and will usually lead to a thread ban of some kind.

You also gotta keep in mind that offsite people don't necessarily abide by the same standards that we do, so why exactly should their own personal standards take precedence over what this site does? If the OP wants to come here and argue within the confines of what we do or don't allow, that's obviously fine, but if they wanna work under totally different rules then debating them will just be a massive pain in the ass that leads nowhere.

IMO it's no different from people posting poorly thought out CRTs with minimal effort put into them, which as shown above, are ******* obnoxious to deal with and will usually lead to a thread ban of some kind.
If it's a repeat CRT it can be closed right away citing the issue already addressed.

Thread bans happen if someone keeps making the exact same threads 90000 times and don't stop, or make blatantly wrong points ad infinitum, they're not disallowed because they're "minimal effort"
You also gotta keep in mind that offsite people don't necessarily abide by the same standards that we do, so why exactly should their own personal standards take precedence over what this site does?
You gotta realize as well, discussion isn't about OFFSITE PEOPLE it's about OFFSITE ARGUMENTS, which are completely indistinguishable from on-site arguments if asked to consider on the forum itself, doing otherwise is called gatekeeping, we're gatekeeping entire arguments off the damn site because someone said it elsewhere. That's stupid of us as a Vs. Debating thread

If it ***** with our standards, demonstrate that, end of thread. Don't see the need for topic bans over it.

Can someone tell this guy to stop making extremely low quality CRTs pls? I keep having to tell him and close his extremely poor quality CRTs but he still does it. And every single time, he tries to upgrade a verse to tier 1b or higher over the most random scans/quotes which holds no meaning. Plus a lot of the time he doesn't even bring scans most of the time.

And his arguments couldn't be more lackluster.

He isn't even new, he has been here for like 6 months now and has been making CRTs for good while now. Should know better but ig he doesn't want to learn.

Given that he seems to most likely be trolling, or possibly nearly completely lack common sense, and as such be unsuitable for this community, I am fine with if we give him a permanent ban from creating or participating in any form of content revision or other important threads, and if he continues we should ban him completely from this forum. He is an extremely time-wasting and anti-constructive member.

Back