• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Apologies if this is distracting from the above posts, but do we have a rule against just linking to threads or debunks on other sites as a CRT? I've seen a number of CRTs do this lately (this one being the latest example), and it seems like they always get closed fairly quickly, so if a rule against them isn't already in place, one should be made IMO.
I do not mind if we get one, but as Impress mentioned, somebody should start a staff forum thread about the subject.

I would appreciate further staff input regarding the member that Confluctor reported earlier.

Also, there is a banned member who wonders if he can be given a second chance:

@Wokistan

What do you think about the latter case?

JohnCenaNation was banned for making some kind of death threats and ranting about politics iirc, and he also had a long history of downright trolling on a wide variety of verses. I know it was initially passed as him likely being young and naive to properly debate, but a lot of comments he did make did often get out of hand.

JohnCenaNation was banned for making some kind of death threats and ranting about politics iirc, and he also had a long history of downright trolling on a wide variety of verses. I know it was initially passed as him likely being young and naive to properly debate, but a lot of comments he did make did often get out of hand.
Though that it was possibly that he didn't really know any better then, people change from time to time.

ion think ive ever had a single positive interaction with that person where i came off happy that i had the chance to speak with them. Are they consistently this way? If so a warn at the bare minimum should be in order.

I don't think having a condescending behaviour is worth report worthy - that's just how some people write sometimes, especially the linked post. Doesn't seem bad at all.
Yeah, but it's not very respectful and a warning should at least happen.

But obviously, it's not ban worthy.

I mean the one you linked... There is nothing wrong with it at all. People do indeed have other things so it's hard to apply revisions and stuff. And those usually take priority
Yeah, but that's not the right way to answer someone, you can be more polite.
Someone being condescending is indeed report worthy iirc.
Again, just asking for a little warning, that's all.

I don't think this is a big enough of an issue to give someone a warning.

Anyway, this has gone for long enough, let's just drop it.
I mean, she didn't even bother to apology and clarify things if the other party misunderstood.

Also, by the way, at first I told her about reporting it as a joke, I asked her to excuse herself,
but she answered me with a challenging attitude twice.

Saying "Report me then"

The answer was condescending and and there was clearly a provocation with that challenging attitude.

Again, I'm pretty sure being condescending is reportworthy iirc

God900, i understand it sucks we live in a world where people feel the need to be condescending and bratty for no real reason other than its ingrained mentally, but it is what it is. You just gotta rise above it, and tell the person to stop acting so rude in the future. Thats what i keep telling myself, if Con feels that it isnt report worthy then there isn't really a point to just push it any further, just keep it in the back of your mind if the action occurs again. Have a blessed day bro.

Given that he seems to most likely be trolling, or possibly nearly completely lack common sense, and as such be unsuitable for this community, I am fine with if we give him a permanent ban from creating or participating in any form of content revision or other important threads, and if he continues we should ban him completely from this forum. He is an extremely time-wasting and anti-constructive member.
I definitely agree.

Okay. Thank you for the reply, and it is great that you have such a good memory.

I suppose that he should likely remain banned then. Or what do the rest of our staff here think?

I don't think having a condescending behaviour is worth report worthy - that's just how some people write sometimes, especially the linked post. Doesn't seem bad at all.
I don't think this is a big enough of an issue to give someone a warning.

Anyway, this has gone for long enough, let's just drop it.
Agreed.

Given that he seems to most likely be trolling, or possibly nearly completely lack common sense, and as such be unsuitable for this community, I am fine with if we give him a permanent ban from creating or participating in any form of content revision or other important threads, and if he continues we should ban him completely from this forum. He is an extremely time-wasting and anti-constructive member.
I definitely agree.
Thank you for the reply. What do other staff members here think?

Also, would it be fine if I give him the participation ban, or is one of our administrators here willing to handle it?

Ant, I thought provoking and condescency was reportworthy iirc
Isn't one of the laws to be respectful with each other?

I mean, she didn't even bother to apology and clarify things if the other party misunderstood.
Also, by the way, at first I told her about reporting it as a joke, I asked her to excuse herself,
but she answered me with a challenging attitude twice.
Saying "Report me then"
The answer was condescending and and there was clearly a provocation with that challenging attitude.

Ant, I thought provoking and condescency was reportworthy iirc
Isn't one of the laws to be respectful with each other?
Yes, but up to a limit. We cannot constantly be oversensitive, figuratively walk on egg shells, and censor everything we say at the same time. I have made considerably more blunt and borderline rude statements here at times when in an annoyed and/or very tired mood. It happens very rarely, but nevertheless, it is unrealistic to expect absolute perfection from anobody, likely even enlightened gurus and Buddhas.

Yes, but up to a limit. We cannot constantly be oversensitive, figuratively walk on egg shells, and censor everything we say at the same time. I have made considerably more blunt and borderline rude statements here at times when in an annoyed and/or very tired mood. It happens very rarely, but nevertheless, it is unrealistic to expect absolute perfection from anobody, likely even enlightened gurus and Buddhas.
Fair enough, I understand..

But I still can't understand why I have to accept someone's rude attitude towards me, with just a little question I made, where I wasn't offending anyone and I was politely asking.

Provoking someone saying "Report me then" doesn't seem to be too right tbh.

And provocations usually lead to a mess..

This’ll be my last and final comment.

I see my words as not condescending, or rude, but direct. I speak what’s on my mind, usually the first way I think of it. If I wanted to be rude, I could’ve said “because some of us actually have lives and school”, or “do it yourself, we aren’t your slaves”.

In my eyes, I provided a pretty neutral, and probable situation for why the revisions weren’t added. I try to avoid this site in large gaps, simply because not much is left for me to do, hence me saying “report me, then”. That’s all, at least for me.

I’ll drop this now.

That looks childish at worst.

You could have just personally tell him to be serious in the thread and leave it that way, the report (And your reaction) is a bit exaggerated, specially when no one else took problem or even notice of the nickname beforehand.

That looks childish at worst.

You could have just personally tell him to be serious in the thread and leave it that way, the report (And your reaction) is a bit exaggerated, specially when no one else took problem or even notice of the nickname beforehand.
Can you read what i wrote above?. I said i don't know if it is report worthy or not.

I don't know if this is report worthy. But i wish people stop using abusive terms just so they hate some Fictional character. This guy who created the thread Just changed the character name as Gay

I really don't know if this is allowed but it feels uncomfortable in wiki pages.

Childish at best, nothing report worthy.

I don't know of this is report worthy or not but This User has been extremely aggressive and rude to almost everyone in this Thread. The linked post is just one example.
They definitely are being very aggressive for no reason. I have seen them in some other threads and they are pretty calm.

I kind of agree with what Axiom said on the thread, plus it seems rather double sided. But it's only chill pill worthy at worst.

Childish at best, nothing report worthy.
So is it Ok if anyone make a thread saying a character Gay? It doesn't seem like report worthy to wiki rules?.

I see Ok 👍. So anyone can just use that word. My bad i didn't know you can use that word. I seen people reporting for using some slang and other things i thought it was report worthy my bad.

So is it Ok if anyone make a thread saying a character Gay? It doesn't seem like report worthy to wiki rules?.

I see Ok 👍. So anyone can just use that word. My bad i didn't know you can use that word. I seen people reporting for using some slang and other things i thought it was report worthy my bad.
I mean, being an asshole about it and actively demeaning or calling shit someone like's as garbage is a good way to get things heated. I wouldn't do it.
But that seems pretty inoffensive, just a quick jab.

Though using gay as a demeaning term I'd advise against, better to just call it garbage or ass or just say it ******* sucks and what not then bringing in orientation as a means of demeaning.

I mean, being an asshole about it and actively demeaning or calling shit someone like's as garbage is a good way to get things heated. I wouldn't do it.
But that seems pretty inoffensive, just a quick jab.

Though using gay as a demeaning term I'd advise against, better to just call it garbage or ass or just say it ******* sucks and what not then bringing in orientation as a means of demeaning.
I agree. But i really don't know man but the word gay is seems kinda offensive towards some people you know. Anyway if wiki allows the use of that word normally I don't have any problem.

That's why i specifically said i don't know if that's report worthy or not.

Will you report the people who call him "Anus"?
🤧 Sorry i didn't know we can use these kinda words. For your question i will never report that kinda of things if Wiki staff are ok with those kinds of Words. Then I Don't have any problem. I see gay and anus aren't report worthy words.

I don't know if this is report worthy. But i wish people stop using abusive terms just so they hate some Fictional character. This guy who created the thread Just changed the character name as Gay

I really don't know if this is allowed but it feels uncomfortable in wiki pages.

I think that he should get a regular mild warning instruction to not do so again, and that the post should be adjusted to not be potentially offensive anymore.

Back