• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Someone complaining about the site is not the same as destabilizing it. There's a difference between venting frustration and actively working against something. Plenty of people in this very thread has criticized this Wiki or some of the mindsets we have regarding, say, comic book scaling plenty of times before.
Did you read the follow-up tweet?

He knows Ursuul and is currently talking with me in private.

He seems very rational, well-informed, and reasonable so far. I think that we should give him a chance to start revision threads to improve the reliability of SAO after he informs himself regardig how our system works.

Anyway, this does not seem to be a potential crisis situation as my paranoia made me suspect. He is just here because he is concerned about misinformation.

Hell, even if he wasn't contacting a guy who'd gotten banned before, he was still trying to subvert the CRT process using his friends. It's no different than making a sock. If that's a permaban than this is a permaban.
Be very careful with your language there, you're saying that even if he wasn't contacting someone who was banned, contacting a friend who agrees with you on a topic and asking them to agree with a CRT isn't a rule violation. If we banned people for that we would be banning many dozens of longstanding members.
Facepalms
He literally screenshotted my old account and comments and then made fun of me
Yeah we shouldn't ban people for screenshotting posts and saying "This argument is bad lol, and here's why".

Even on social media where hundreds of thousands of people can see them?
Yes. That sort of thing should be an offense when it's an actual personal attack, not a response to an argument you've made.

@Agnaa He was asking him specifically for the purposes of saying yes, is my problem. Not like "hey, could you help me out here" but specifically "make an account just to agree with me".

Can we drop this issue please? GamerTurk is evidently not here to cause any confrontation or drama, just to improve the reliability of our statistics based on better translations.

Also, it will probably take quite a while until he properly understands our system well enough to create any revision threads.

He was asking him specifically for the purposes of saying yes, is my problem

C'mon mate, if you've talked to someone, and as such know they'll agree with the thread, what's the difference between "Can you check out this thread?" and "Can you agree with this thread?"

This sort of situation being acceptable/unacceptable depends on a lot more than the wording of the request.

I have just found this thread about me after Galactic mentioned it on my wall. Again, nobody needs to apologize, your distrust towards me is completely understandable given your perspective of me. I have explained the circumstances to Antvasima, so I won't open up a conversation back up that's been already settled. However, I do need to respond to this.
Small correction here, he isn't a staff member in the SAO Wiki.
I am a staff member of the Sword Art Online Wikia. I have been an active member since 2018, and have been a Content Mod as well as Discussions Mod for a long time. My specialty is the Sword Art Online Gameverse, however that is mainly because I find it more reliable to let our admin and translator, Gsimenas handle the main series articles, although I am filling things up from the back where things are lacking. I also create introductory video content on character articles to provide brief overviews and am one of the managers of the SAO Wikia Twitter account, where we translate and publish the news straight from Japan. The main reason I'm here is because a lot of the misinformation from here has been spilling over to other SAO communities I am part of, and after some discussions with our Wiki Manager Ursuul (who is also the VSBattle Wiki Manager), he recommended I come over here and do my best to improve the informational infrastructure regarding SAO.

It will be a while until I can familiarize myself to a reasonable standard to make any revision requests, but I will be doing my best discussing with all of you and providing clarifications. The best part is, I can actually provide context to the Fan Translations you are using as a source, as Defan is a close friend of mine, as well as having Gsimenas as our current translator for Unital Ring content, as well as direct statements from Reki. So hopefully, I can shed a lot of light to a lot of topics!

This user has made a good amount of mismatches with Cthulhu Mythos characters. I don't think he means anything malicious but a simple reminder and maybe informing him how things work should be enough.

Is somebody else willing to handle the instruction message please? I am behind with my work today.

This might not be a super big issue but. This guy added some things in this page.
Not too much of an issue, I'll just warn him about how things work here.

Edit: Seems this is their third offense involving unauthorized editing, with warnings issued for the past two (one by myself even). I think a temporary ban is warranted now but I'm unsure how we handle this.

Isnt better to call the dude here? It doesnt rlly seems something ban worthy, and maybe he/she doesnt know that can't add things in profiles without permission

I'd like to report this person that keeps editing Fu's profile to say 7D, Low Complex Multiversal, Immeasurable speed, and stuff like that despite those not being agreed on, and keeps doing it no matter how many times I revert his profile.

Back