• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I have been sent some additional screenshots pointing towards their actual stance on the wiki.
I have attached them here for completion.
Screenshot_2024-09-15_190525.jpg
Screenshot_2024-09-15_190602.jpg
Screenshot_2024-09-15_190909.jpg
Unless he deliberately start destabilizing the wiki and/or start problems on site in regards to this, I frankly don't care what he comments off site.

I do think it's important to consider their intentions too.

It may be that they're only here to troll us, and their comments offsite suggest that may be the case.
Having watched his comments on various threads, he has yet to reflect trolling behavior. Instead, he has actually participated in discussions.

I may have missed something tho.

Unless he deliberately start destabilizing the wiki and/or start problems on site in regards to this, I frankly don't care what he comments off site.
Having watched his comments on various threads, he has yet to reflect trolling behavior. Instead, he has actually participated in discussions.
Indeed, it may also just be that they're particularly dramatic, which we definitely have seen.
For the record: I am also in support of a week ban, but I wouldn't be upset if it was longer.

not to draw off topic I will take the 1 week ban. I accept any punishment you give. Should have worded it better then I did no taking it back so just best just to up hold my beliefs and move on with past mistakes.

anyways. Time will show the truth in the matter

I disagree personally. Worse he did was called someone an idiot and a clown.
They also called people "rats", and did not seem remorseful or willing to change in the slightest in this report.
if you think its a "insult" i think your siding with rats and not worth to talk to

That is not remotely acceptable behaviour though. We generally try to heavily discourage that kind of hostility here. 🙏
A 1 week ban doesn't achieve this? When we have given warning for comparatively worse behavior than name calling.

They also called people "rats", and did not seem remorseful or willing to change in the slightest in this report.
The second part is why I advocated for a ban at all. And it's also not entirely true, he did accept the ban.

Like, 1 month ban for petty insults? Doesn't sit well with me when we have given warnings for severely worse behavior (like fujiwara unironically and straight on site advocating for the alienation and persecution of a user because they find him disgusting). Like keep in mind, in all the threads he has participated, this is the worse behavior displayed. 1 week ban is enough imo.

pedophiles as weII, muItipIe times, if I might add, they refer to the whoIe site as being fiIIed with pedophiIes, I dont think that is just an insuIt to a singIe user or thread anymore.
Off site. Didn't once brought that up on site (unless on PM, which I can't see). People can say whatever they want in their own privacy, and the fact you keep bringing this up makes me think there's more at play here.

and the fact you keep bringing this up makes me think there's more at play here.
not reaIIy, that pedophiIe one was an SS someone sent me on discord. If something made you think that I have an aIterior motive here because of how I used the SS, I apologize, but I do not have much experience with user reports except maybe once or twice before, so I might have been deemed as acting hurriedly or something due to my inexperience with this stuff 🙏

not reaIIy, that pedophiIe one was an SS someone sent me on discord. If something made you think that I have an aIterior motive here because of how I used the SS, I apologize, but I do not have much experience with user reports except maybe once or twice before, so I might have been deemed as acting hurriedly or something due to my inexperience with this stuff 🙏
If they tried using that to harass someone on site, then we would take it more seriously. But as is, it's just salty comments from someone that disagree with how we handle things. It's completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

If he had otherwise said that on site, that's a different story.

While Rider's comments about VSBW are largely offsite, I think it can be considered a form of harassment to, when you are being disagreed with in a CRT, head to Reddit to call your opposition pedophiles. Mixed with the pretty cruel shit he said onsite, and a general disposition to not accept that he had done wrong, declaring that all he was doing was entirely above board, paints a dreadful picture.

Without the offsite intel, I probably would have just shot for a topic ban. With it, I think it should be a full ban, and for a longer period, as rarely do instances of toxicity reach such a boiling point, much less with such a remorseless demeanor. I would therefore propose 1-2 months. If readjustment is achievable on their end by that time, then all the better.

I am also fine with a 2 months ban given the new information. 🙏

pedophiles as weII, muItipIe times, if I might add, they refer to the whoIe site as being fiIIed with pedophiIes, I dont think that is just an insuIt to a singIe user or thread anymore.
Taking a closer look: These scans don't seem to be made in response to the thread at all. They were made several months ago. (1 of them close to a year ago)

So this part of Bambu's evaluation seems incorrect:
when you are being disagreed with in a CRT, head to Reddit to call your opposition pedophiles

Edit: Whether that changes the verdict I leave up to you, but got mentioned to me and felt it important to note.

If the calling of tensura fans pedophiles occurred five months ago, I still don't think that changes much. He disagreed with them and so spouted off that they were legitimate, disgusting criminals- I don't really care that it happened awhile back.

Back