• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I will like to make a report regarding @Roirr for well been extremely dismissive of everyone that does not hold his opinion and thinks he is the only one who has read marvel comics.
Making statements such has these.

expand...man are you sure you read the series? (This is his first reply to the thread)

If you don't want to accept it, at least offer a more logical explanation. (In reply to efficiente saying pulling two things with infinite mass apart does not grant immeasurable speed, which he thinks is not logical)

you haven't read the series, you are talking to talk, he is not a star he is the kingdom of knull we see it in the continuation of the scan also knull is the embodiment of the abyss, that is, it is his sensitivity. (In reply to me telling him that a space where stars are being born is not a void)

expand...Are you going to interpret the series I read differently and try to teach me? anyway go away (in reply to me telling him to read the scans and stop acting like only he can be right)

There was no such claim, you are the one who made an empty comment here without reading the whole series, dude. (In reply to me telling him stars are being born in the space, here is the scan for anyone who wants to check it out, it does say stars are being born)

Now this does not break any rule but he is being extremely dismissive of anyone who disagrees with him even though he is in the wrong here. Also I just checked the current messages and he is not an english speaker which may have been another cause.
It's not official warning worthy, but someone can please come and tell him to relax.
I don't think this sort of thing should be considered a rule violation.

What are we supposed to do if someone actually hasn't read something, and is making claims debunked by the source material?

If the answer is "Do the same thing, but it'll be okay because you're right", then we're just punishing this user for being wrong in our judgement, which seems weird. Is Deagon so knowledgeable about Silver Surfer that he can make that call?

I don't think this sort of thing should be considered a rule violation.

What are we supposed to do if someone actually hasn't read something, and is making claims debunked by the source material?

If the answer is "Do the same thing, but it'll be okay because you're right", then we're just punishing this user for being wrong in our judgement, which seems weird. Is Deagon so knowledgeable about Silver Surfer that he can make that call?
Let me put it this way, what purpose does it serve to accuse them -- correctly or not -- of not having read the source material?

If there's information in the source material that influences the outcome of the discussion, simply post it. Show, don't tell. Prove, don't accuse. No one should be forced to tolerate constant accusations of unfamiliarity with a comic during a discussion.

Let me put it this way, what purpose does it serve to accuse them -- correctly or not -- of not having read the source material?

If there's information in the source material that influences the outcome of the discussion, simply post it. Show, don't tell. Prove, don't accuse. No one should be forced to tolerate constant accusations of unfamiliarity with a comic during a discussion.
Yeah it'd be ideal to prove, but it seems fine to have claims in line with that. (And sometimes it wouldn't be possible to prove; if someone says that something happened which never actually occurred, you often can't actually post a scan of that, as the scene just doesn't exist).

How far are you willing to go with this? If someone says "Goku's wife is Bulma", and I say "You're wrong, that's Vegeta's wife", and provide a scan, should I get punished because saying "You're wrong" is unnecessary, and isn't an accusation someone should be forced to tolerate?

We could technically operate like that, never discounting the other person's opinion or knowledge, and merely posting evidence for things, but that's really difficult to uphold, and I think the psychological toll and risk of abuse through reporting people one doesn't like makes extending these sorts of rules so far a bad idea.

How far are you willing to go with this? If someone says "Goku's wife is Bulma", and I say "You're wrong, that's Vegeta's wife", and provide a scan, should I get punished because saying "You're wrong" is unnecessary, and isn't an accusation someone should be forced to tolerate?
There’s a stark difference between saying someone is wrong vs. claiming they never read the source material just because they disagree

There’s a stark difference between saying someone is wrong vs. claiming they never read the source material just because they disagree
I know, but if the argument is just that some accusations are okay because they're so low-impact, I think that "you haven't read this" would easily fly under that bar.

Like Clover points out, this isn't really an equal comparison because "you're wrong" is not an accusation that can't really be proven or is inflammatory, it's just a fact.

I would object, however, to saying "You've clearly never seen the show, it's Vegeta's wife." Now, in an example like this we're talking about a piece of info so basic that indeed only someone that doesn't know the material wouldn't know it, but it's still not helpful to the point (Bulma being Vegeta's wife can be easily proven and then it can be left at that.)

If it's a piece of information that is more ambiguous, accusing over and over (five times in this case, that I could see) of people who disagree with you not having read the source material is just entirely unnecessary.

“You’re wrong” has more to do with the argument itself

“You haven’t read this” is a personal accusation
Eh, I guess you could make that argument, but iirc Deagon didn't care about the "personal accusation"/"attack on the argument" distinction.

And I wonder about similar situations, that don't quite go into accusations, but imply them.

If that's what we're going with, I'd consider this the mildest thing worth a warning, and add it to the tracker.
Like Clover points out, this isn't really an equal comparison because "you're wrong" is not an accusation that can't really be proven or is inflammatory, it's just a fact.
That's not necessarily true, most things on this site are arguable and can have reasonable people disagreeing, coming down to different standards of evidence and the like.

But meh, guess this is resolved until the next time a report about being slightly rude comes up.

Prom could be excluded on a similar basis, which would be 10-6
Prom was not fired and can become a bureaucrat again if she finds sufficient free time to help out properly again. She has a vote if she wants to.
Besides, there are 5 options and permanent ban is endpoint; 2 years is compromise as it was decided, and you conceded on this when Mav mentioned it.
I haven't conceded. I still think that we used an overly harsh overkill option.

Yeah it'd be ideal to prove, but it seems fine to have claims in line with that. (And sometimes it wouldn't be possible to prove; if someone says that something happened which never actually occurred, you often can't actually post a scan of that, as the scene just doesn't exist).

We could technically operate like that, never discounting the other person's opinion or knowledge, and merely posting evidence for things, but that's really difficult to uphold, and I think the psychological toll and risk of abuse through reporting people one doesn't like makes extending these sorts of rules so far a bad idea.
I agree with Agnaa here.

Prom was not fired and can become a bureaucrat again if she finds sufficient free time to help out properly again. She has a vote if she wants to.
Not how it works. Prom's vote would be counted if she became a Bureaucrat again (or had another such staff role), but she doesn't currently. You don't just spontaneously give people votes based on convenience

I agree with Antvasima, just because someone retired manually, doesn't mean we should overlook their opinions and her status as former Bureaucrat and being the lead Bureaucrat of FC/OC wiki are still worth mentioning. She her vote doesn't need to be discounted. Though she never gave a full opinion and a ban for a month was just a minimum. She definitely agrees with punishment but also suggests there are others that should be punished alongside Weekly.

But at the same time, I prefer if we don't drag the discussion on for too many posts.

Last edited:
Not how it works. Prom's vote would be counted if she became a Bureaucrat again (or had another such staff role), but she doesn't currently. You don't just spontaneously give people votes based on convenience
It isn't a sudden development. I have consistently been very clear about that Promestein still has a vote when she wants to. She and DontTalk probably have the best senses of judgement in our entire community. It would be ridiculous to not consider her sufficiently reliable in this regard.

I don't believe it is a practical use of our time to continuing nickel and diming every way way chop up the vote in order to try and alter a settled matter.
It wasn't settled though. One of our members decided to apply a two-years ban before we had finished, and in cases with no overwhelming staff consensus, we should try to find a compromise solution.

But it isn't a new issue that only staff members who were enlisted to evaluate these types of issues should have evaluation vote authority. Our standards are clear in this regard.

It wasn't settled though. One of our members decided to apply a two-years ban before we had finished, and in cases with no overwhelming staff consensus, we should try to find a compromise solution.
This is the compromise solution. A not-insubstantial number of us would prefer him gone permanently. My stance on that has not shifted. I doubt the others' have either.

Also, again, you and DDM both agreed in the January debacle and the subsequent fallout that Weekly had a final line before him. He has crossed that final line multiple times since. I categorically refuse to grace this discussion with any more time or brain power. No user who has ever been banned before has gotten off light after reaffirming the reasons for their first punishment. Weekly is no exception.

Strym was banned for stating Dread "deserved" the harassment she's faced in our community since joining it, which did include the possibility of doxing, at least, so perhaps you were thinking of that.

Back