• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I have seen Gin repeatedly insult or provoke Nik, who has normally been polite and well-behaved toward others. I told both of them to stop being toxic to each other earlier today.
I never insulted him once Ant, that's a blatant lie. At worst you can get me for attacking his argument, I never insulted nor attacked him directly. I'm a blunt individual, if I see flaws within in argument I'm going to call said flaw out. This isn't me attacking someone but rather attacking the argument which is allowed.

@NikHelton

It is very important that you stop either agitating Gin or responding in kind to any provocations. If you do not shape up quickly, I won't be able to protect you.

I never insulted him once Ant, that's a blatant lie. At worst you can get me for attacking his argument, I never insulted nor attacked him directly. I'm a blunt individual, if I see flaws within in argument I'm going to call said flaw out. This isn't me attacking someone but rather attacking the argument which is allowed.
Well, you were definitely rude and condescending from what I saw earlier today.

I wouldn't have done this otherwise, because it involves events that mainly take place outside of VSB, but recent events have convinced me of the necessity of posting this.

Recently a new member signed up to this forum, naming himself "BardicheAssault".

Problem is, he already had a past history on a site called Naruto Forums, under the name "NightmareCinema" (you can tell because they have similar "from Midchilda" taglines under their usernames).

This is important, because he has started a lot of dramas there and said some really nasty shit.

Such as Pro-CCP apologetics (even attempting to whitewash the Uyghur Genocide happening in Xinjiang):

And this:

3WCvfnj.jpg

It seems that, looking up his past history in Naruto Forums, Bardiche has a thing against some Elric fan there currently named "Atem" (previously named "Anomander Rake"). This seems especially relevant because Bardiche's literal first thread here is one "debunking" Rake's "misinformation".

Just now, he's recently made a comment on a Fanverse (previously Naruto Forums) blog post where he mocks this same Atem over Atem's mother dying of cancer, saying utterly disgusting shit such as "Is your rediscovered faith enough to bring your mom back?" and "You still crying about your mom dying because you're a literal cancerous child?"

I know we're not the "internet police", or what have you, but given recent events, I feel that it would be completely irresponsible to allow @BardicheAssault to keep posting here without people having knowledge of his behaviors both past and present.
Anyway, this is a far more important issue. We don't want genuine sadistic genocidal fascist bigots to be a part of this community.

Anyway, this is a far more important issue. We don't want genuine genocidal fascist bigots to be a part of this community.
Agreed. Although shit like that makes my blood boil, I don't think we should outright ban people for stuff they did in the past unless it was fairly recent. People can change.

@NikHelton

It is very important that you stop either agitating Gin or responding in kind to any provocations. If you do not shape up quickly, I won't be able to protect you.
Gonna be frank here, you shouldn't be defending him at all here. I understand wanting to be fair, but I've been banned for much lesser offenses Ant. He got a strict warning yesterday, and 2 more today to which he ignored. How many times are you going to just let him dodge things?

I was literally banned for a month for being mildly condescending during a pretty shit point in my life. Here he's doing the same but to a much greater extent. And if we're gonna go with the "helpful" route then I shouldn't have ever gotten banned since I've helped out this wiki for years, same could be said for anyone who's helped but still got banned. You can really only take that perspective so far.
Well, you were definitely rude and condescending from what I saw earlier today.
Straightforward =/= rude. I don't need to hold a user's hand, again this is just the way I come off. I'm a blunt individual, I tend to come off as aggressive from time to time but I'm also not the one who was warned and resorted to insults and accusations.

You have legitimately provoked him by being rude and condescending and following him around in his calculation blogs. Given that he seems to lack common sense, he has let himself be provoked by it, which gives you the opportunity to try to get him banned. Or that is the way that I have understood the situation.

I think that making him understand that he definitely has to take this seriously is enough. A ban would be overkill.

Agreed. Although shit like that makes my blood boil, I don't think we should outright ban people for stuff they did in the past unless it was fairly recent. People can change.
Although people can drastically change over time, if they make enough of an effort, including myself, if somebody is a legitimate sadistic genocidal bigoted fascist, and not in the throwaway derogatory slur manner that is so popular nowadays which severely cheapens the sheer horror of the real concepts, that is way beyond what our standards allow, and our rules say that we can and should indeed ban such members.

The worst thing is he didn't even apologize after accusing someone of stalking and making someone look bad... That's not ok.
He likely just meant that Gin followed him around to his blogs, and thought that it was done maliciously. Again, he strikes me as somebody who lacks common sense, not remotely as a deliberate troll or vandal.

Although people can drastically change over time, if they make enough of an effort, including myself, if somebody is a legitimate sadistic genocidal bigoted fascist, and not in the throwaway derogatory slur manner that is so popular nowadays which severely cheapens the sheer horror of the real concepts, that is way beyond what our standards allow, and our rules say that we can and should indeed ban such members.
I get that. I just like to give people chances to prove that they have changed before applying any sort of punishment for shit they did in the past. Although yeah, this does seem to be a pretty extreme case, and it does sort of make me feel so angry that I feel like I'm on fire.

You have legitimately provoked him by being rude and condescending and following him around in his calculation blogs.
I wasn't rude nor was I intentionally attempting to provoke him. Ant I gotta say a claim like this coming from you honestly makes me quite disappointed. Me commenting on a blog thats accessible to everyone isn't "following." I'm not a calc member but I do have experience in that field. Also the only blog that I was even remotely rude in was the Demonsbane blog for obvious reasons. The Dragon blog I simply commented on to provide help.
Given that he seems to lack common sense, he has let himself be provoked by it, which gives you the opportunity to try to get him banned. Or that is the way that I have understood the situation.
And why would I want him banned for personal reasons as your literally insinuating? You've known me for years and you know for a fact that's not something I go around doing. Again, I really don't appreciate you trying to paint me as an instigator.
I think that making him understand that he definitely has to take this seriously is enough. A ban would be overkill.
You literally had me banned for a month for something way less Ant. He had a strict warning yesterday and 2 more today and ignored them. That's not a lack of common sense, that's literal ignorance at its finest. And with all due respect Ant, you yourself have openly admitted that you aren't the best when it comes to observing and handling situations like this. Shit as we speak he's still ******* insulting people. We both know for a fact that if I did this I'd catch a permanent ban.

Again, he strikes me as somebody who lacks common sense, not remotely as a deliberate troll or vandal.
Yee of course... But to me it looks like his is trying to make someone look like a bad guy and doesn't see the consequences by doing that.

You're such a creepy stalker that you came here to answer me. This completely negates all the nonsense that you have spun in my direction.
You keep coming to my wall to comment.
You're creepy.
And after someone warned him, he didn't apologize or nothing but accused that guy that warned him to be against him by protecting his friend (Lordginsama)
You are so subjective that you decided to focus only on my messages, completely ignoring the aggression of the person above, when even a member of the calc group saw it. If you have come to protect your friend, I will not interfere with you.

I am arguing from how he seems to have understood the situation. If you are first rude and condescending to him, and then shows up to debunk his calculations right afterwards, and he thinks that you are following him around deliberately, calling you a stalker is a poor way of wording it, yes, but English does not seem to be something that he has a full grasp of.

Also, wasn't there strong demands of banning you for much longer, which I managed to save you from, but had to try to find a compromise solution given the situation, or do I misremember?

Yee of course... But to me it looks like his is trying to make someone look like a bad guy and doesn't see the consequences by doing that.

And after someone warned him, he didn't apologize or nothing but accused that guy that warned him to be against him by protecting his friend (Lordginsama)
Well, I suppose that was over the line, yes. Maybe a two week ban then. However, we should let him apply his accepted revision thread first.

It isn't accepted however, And King Tempest has yet to come online to even begin to debunk the new arguments.

Well, I suppose that was over the line, yes. Maybe a two week ban then. However, we should let him apply his accepted revision thread first.
What accepted revision threads does he have? The kenganverse downgrade? That isn't anything close to being accepted.

I can agree with that... It could even be a 1 week... 🤷‍♂️ but I wanna see if he's going to change and realize what he's doing is wrong

I am arguing from how he seems to have understood the situation. If you are first rude and condescending to him, and then shows up to debunk his calculations right afterwards, and he thinks that you are following him around deliberately, calling you a stalker is a poor way of wording it, yes, but English does not seem to be something that he has a full grasp of.
Ant you're acting as if he's from a third world country where they speak an ancient dialect. Listen I totally understand the point your making here, but it's not like he has a limited vocabulary in the English language. Take a look at his grammar and his vocabulary, that isn't the vocabulary of someone who "doesn't have a grasp on English."
Also, wasn't there demands of banning you for much longer, which I managed to save you from, but had to try to find a compromise solution given the situation, or do I misremember?
Not that I remember, Damage wanted a month and that's what I got.

What accepted revision threads does he have? The kenganverse downgrade? That isn't anything close to being accepted.
I think that he recently had a One Punch Man revision thread accepted, but may misremember.

Ant you're acting as if he's from a third world country where they speak an ancient dialect. Listen I totally understand the point your making here, but it's not like he has a limited vocabulary in the English language. Take a look at his grammar and his vocabulary, that isn't the vocabulary of someone who "doesn't have a grasp on English."
He seems a little off in his understanding of situations, which usually means that it is a cultural difference, that he is not neurotypical, or both in combination, but as I said, I suppose that a two week block may be warranted then.

I think more people have disagreed with it to be honest, including KingTempest and myself.

Also, I can attest to the fact that while Gin was arguably being more aggressive than he needed to, Nik was actually attacking him, antagonizing him with sarcastic remarks like "oh, but you're the smartest right." I told him to stop that, and his response ended with an equally sarcastic remark about how I would "close my eyes" to Gin being aggressive. That's even more condescending because it's implying I'm biased toward someone. What Gin did isn't on the level of what Nik did.

He seems a little off in his understanding of situations, which usually means that it is a cultural difference,
That's a very big assumption, one That's quite frankly unsupported. Also I'm gonna just ignore the fact that you just tried to insinuate culture and common sense go hand in hand.
that he is not neurotypical, or both in combination, but as I said, I suppose that a two week block may be warranted then.
I'd be fine with this.

That's a very big assumption, one That's quite frankly unsupported. Also I'm gonna just ignore the fact that you just tried to insinuate culture and common sense go hand in hand.
That's not what I meant. I meant that what is common sense/standard handling of social situations for one culture is not necessarily the same for another, and vice versa, so confusion is created when either are trying to adapt to a new context. That is all.

That's not what I meant. I meant that what is common sense/standard handling of social situations for one culture is not necessarily the same for another, and vice versa. That is all.
Social standards are typically universal as that's just a typical human trait. I have friends who live in North Africa who know how to take Social cues and such but now I understand your point.

Social standards are typically universal as that's just a typical human trait. I have friends who live in North Africa who know how to take Social cues and such but now I understand your point.
Thinking that all cultures work in exactly the same manner regarding absolutely everything is not factually accurate, so I try to be tolerant regarding reasonable confusion in such areas.

I get that. I just like to give people chances to prove that they have changed before applying any sort of punishment for shit they did in the past. Although yeah, this does seem to be a pretty extreme case, and it does sort of make me feel so angry that I feel like I'm on fire.
The shit he said about that guy's mother literally just happened this week's Sunday. He hasn't changed at all since he made those comments.

Back