• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys please don't hakai me. Come on guys. Don't do this to me.

I am not Jonathan. I legitimately don't even know who that is. I just know that he really liked OPM, and that because I also like OPM, you guys are automatically assuming I am him. I really really am not Jonathan. I really like this wiki and I want to be a part of the community, so please don't hakai me. I am begging you with all my heart.

1. You called Jonathan an idiot as if you know him.

2. No one hates One Punch Man here. One of our bureaucrats Ryukama is quite involved with the verse.

3. You are scared because your fake innocence has been exposed and as the result you are trying to proclaim fear in order to assure your own innocence. Criminals do this all the time to guilt trip others.

4. If you aren't a sock you'd have no reason to be irritated or furious.

This is coming from someone who has been accused of being a sock and making socks longer than anyone else. This discussion is over.

So is somebody willing to ban him then?

Edit: It seems like Assaltwaffle handled it.

It's over y'all. Normally I don't like to ban under the assumption of sockpuppetry but in this case the evidence is just overwhelming. Everything thus far has pointed to Fourth being a sock. I'm willing to stake my adminship on this ban.

@Assalt

Even if you did a mistake, I definitely wouldn't want you to throw away your adminship over something like this.

Well, he is generally well behaved, so this obviously isn't ban worthy, but a polite explanation that he should permanently stop doing this might be in order.

Well, I dislike punishing longtime members who are generally productive and behave well.

He wasn't banned the first time with the condition "if you do it again you'll get a ban".

I agree with Ant. Perhaps we should have an actual talk rather than a simple warning? Words carry more weight in a discussion that doesn't feel like you're merely being lectured. It worked with LuckyCharmingStar after all, from my own experience.

If the warnings weren't so strict previously, perhaps we should just give a final stern warning this time.

That contradicts the sentiment that he is a well-behaved user. Well-behaved users don't do that. If he won't listen to reason, we have no choice but to go with affirmative action.

AKM sama said:
If the warnings weren't so strict previously, perhaps we should just give a final stern warning this time.
We did a "Final Warning" already

Making a more strict warning for a fifth time won't do anything.

Lucky may not be the best example.

Anyway, I suppose that if AS is causing the same problem over and over, despite warnings, even if it is causing trivial problems, I suppose that a 2 week block may be in order, to show him that he has to take this seriously in the future.

I agree with Gargoyle. If we keep making "final warnings" and ultimatums without actually following through it just proves that he can break the rules and not get punished for it. This is the exact behavior that parents do that ends up spoiling their child.

If you make promises or threats and never follow up on them why would someone believe that you'll actually follow through? This is basic psychology.

Some stuff about the AS thing:

1) He removed the threads yes, but it wasn't to hide the warnings, it was just because he wanted to avoid having the message wall cluttered with them

2) We already talked to him. The last time he was going to get a ban, I talked to him about that, he promised that he wouldn't repeat this mistake, so I asked for a final warning instead of a ban. I told him myself "if you do this again you'll get banned"

3) That said, his behaviour improved a lot overall, so the ban should be a light one. I think that something like 10 days would be adequate. It's not long, but it's more than enough to discourage stuff like that in the future

I agree with Kaltias that the ban should not be more than 2 weeks.

The Causality said:
He did the same for this match

Pachi, I love you but please, give at least a justification :/
1) Speed stomp.

2) In case speed was equalized: Link haxes to death in a variety of ways and and can resurrect so what's goku supposed to do here, mafuba?. And this is ignoring SS3's bad stamina.

Anything else?

Grimreaperofjustice said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2134480#29

The user is named Lorenzo.r.2nd

He is being just super super trolly, condesending, and at this point rude... I don't know if you considered banning him.... But I suggest you give him the BAN hammer permanently. I don't tolerate disrespect at all... So I refrained from responding ANY further...
That really doesn't seem ban worthy, much less permanent. He appears to be new here, so just a warning looks fine.

I don't think him "disagreeing with our wiki" is ban worthy, but him calling people "Dumb *****" sounds more warning/ban worthy. Plus he's gotten warnings and bans multiple times already; but he doesn't sound quite as bad as he used to be. But still seems a bit suspicious.

Assaltwaffle said:
He's not new and he's been banned 2 (3 if you count the 1 day) times in the past.
Hmm, he appears ignorant of our system and has no pic so I assumed new, then a strict ban to him seems more appropriated since he has been warned and banned many times before.

Dziga said:
Grimreaperofjustice said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2134480#29

The user is named Lorenzo.r.2nd

He is being just super super trolly, condesending, and at this point rude... I don't know if you considered banning him.... But I suggest you give him the BAN hammer permanently. I don't tolerate disrespect at all... So I refrained from responding ANY further...
That really doesn't seem ban worthy, much less permanent. He appears to be new here, so just a warning looks fine.
He made nearly as many "edits" as me I am not active but I'm not inactive either... He joined a full year ago as well... "

ou have been repeatedly confrontational, obnoxious, and sarcastic to other users in your posts in recent threads.

You already have a bad history with your behavior. If you don't settle down I will be forced to ban you.

This is your final warning." Is a warning he recived already....

I would argue Permanent is the LEAST that should happen...

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I don't think him "disagreeing with our wiki" is ban worthy, but him calling people "Dumb *****" sounds more warning/ban worthy. Plus he's gotten warnings and bans multiple times already; but he doesn't sound quite as bad as he used to be. But still seems a bit suspicious.
Not what I meant, I mean him disrespecting me... period

Sorry to sound selfish but he can't try everyones tolerance FOR no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back