• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll reiterate this one more time. Why can't we just ban him from vs thread creation/participation like we did for Firephoenixearl instead of banning him across the wiki? What's the difference?

The ban seems to be more about him disobeying a clear warning from a staff than him needing to be restricted from versus thread participation/creation

If a light ban isn't the solution, then I think not giving a ban at all would be better. Since I don't think a specialized punishment is actually needed here.

I am fine with Sera's solution, although for how long should we place the restriction?

I trust Kaltias' judgment. I don't think any action is necessary. But if others agree, a five day ban is the most I can tolerate. I completely understand not wanting a bunch of warnings in plain sight. It was still wrong but it's wrong in an unethical way, not a banworthy way.

Has he been warned to not delete warnings as it looks suspicious/gives off the wrong impression? He may call himself ArrogantShmuck but I don't think he's like that.

Okay. I will remove his ban then. What kind of instruction should we give him?

Well, Sera did as far as I understood, but I can change it to 5 days if that is better.

Sera EX said:
I trust Kaltias' judgment. I don't think any action is necessary. But if others agree, a five day ban is the most I can tolerate. I completely understand not wanting a bunch of warnings in plain sight. It was still wrong but it's wrong in an unethical way, not a banworthy way.
She simply conceded with a 5 day ban since others agreed

Okay. I will change it to that then.

Ummm....the only recent instance of him downplaying Kirby I see is the Q&A thread where he's visible with his dislike for our ratings, but never actually acted in an aggressive or unreasonable manner against anyone in particular.

Why is he being reported again?

Just downplaying doesn't seem like it deserves a warning, especially when they're almost entirely inactive apart from one post.

He seems to have that sock type of feel to it.

I would'nt suggest a warning/ban/block or anything along that sorts for that guy he's completely innocent to me.

He doesn't just downplay the verse. Every month is the same

• He interrupts and derails a thread trying to make everyone answer his stuff
  • We tried to tell him that he should make a CRT to not annoy anyone
  • He doesn't listen and eventually appears in other thread to repeat the process
Not only that but trying to reason with him is literally impossible. Choose a random conversation with him and notice how comfortably he ignores logic.

If Eficiente is correct, I think that a very strict warning is appropriate. If he continues afterwards, a ban is probably in order.

It is not acceptable to constantly waste everybody's time and energy by being completely irrational and unreasonable.

So is some staff member willing to carry out the warning? I am very tired at the moment.

He did it agai. One of the things he's affirming this time is that a castle is the size of a room yet somehow bigger on the inside. A normal castle.

He claimed the same for planets in the past.

Edit: I know it's not a direct rule violation, but I don't like the idea of ignoring him doing this over and over. I already lost my patience with him and find hard to think of anyone with the time to constantly inform the public of the threads he's in that he's unreliable. If we are going to let him spread misinformation like that freely for more months then so be it, I did what I could.

Well, according to earlier comments, we do have a rule in place against attempts to severely downgrade Kirby, and I think that we do have rules against being relentlessly unreasonable and irrational, but I am not sure.

He also apparently ignored a warning about this behaviour.

He is spamming rape fiction directed at Promestein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back