• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's been banned multiple times before, a perma ban is the only solution.

God dang it people, VBW really does overreact.

He didn't call Grim a "dumb shit", but rather reiterated that Grim said dumb shit. Which, while bad, is at the very most a minor offense. He has been banned twice before, but permabanning for a minor insult just showcases how this wiki gets easily offended over the slightest, puniest violations.

Give him a warning and move on.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I don't think him "disagreeing with our wiki" is ban worthy, but him calling people "Dumb *****" sounds more warning/ban worthy. Plus he's gotten warnings and bans multiple times already; but he doesn't sound quite as bad as he used to be. But still seems a bit suspicious.
so i dont even have to right to defend myself at all? wow, nice. then i get a warning for not agreeing with the wiki and yall wander why... see, i never called him anything, for one. and two, he calls me a troll for disagreeing with him. i would like for the cops to investigate the scene first, before arresting me. thanks. plus, if i might add, my bans were almost all because i had a disagreent with aaaaaaa- can u guess it?- a mod who didnt like me going against his opinion. plus, what i disgree with inst the people, its the scaling. period.

Thank you for the context, Kep. And to Lorenzo I apologize for not asking for proper context before jumping on the "just ban him" train.

look, i get but believe or not, i HAVE been perminatly banned from a wiki cuz i was "being racist". do u know what i actually did tho? i said the n word like, 3 times, in a non racist fashion while talking about an anime character. so yeah, i would like people to take more care, whether THEY care or not

Well, FANDOM will globally block anyone that uses those kinds of words. That's not in our jurisdiction.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
look, i get but believe or not, i HAVE been perminatly banned from a wiki cuz i was being racist. do u know what i did tho? i said the n word like, 3 times, in a non racist fashion while talking about an anime character. so yeah, i would like people to take more care, whether THEY care or not
Saying the N word gets you autoblocked by FANDOM regardless of context. Administration here disagrees but they can't do anything about it. Try to be careful.

I think that's enough discussion on this. He'll get a warning from someone, and we can move on from here.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
well, too late to tell me that back when it happened. and much too late to be careful about disagreeing with mods.
If it happened on a FANDOM site then you'd be globally blocked and this conversation wouldn't be happening. I was saying that administration wouldn't be able to help you if it did.

see, i dont need a warning. i didnt do anything wrong this. im not stupid. one of the block mentioned above done by antvasma was literally me telling him to just give me a ban to get the problem at the time over with. i know when im in the wrong.

I know you don't. I was warning you about a rule even administration thinks is stupid, but the people who own this site, FANDOM the parent company, enforce. If you accidentally break this rule then they issue bans. It's even happened to administration. What you were reported for here was stupid and should be dropped, I get it but that's not my point. I was just saying that you won't be able to say the N word here either because FANDOM will ban without a care for context.

I didn't called people "wankers", I said "Ulquiorra get wanked and overestimated a lot". Simple reading comprehensive skill. They are the ones who directly called me a troll.
Cbf6d2098176a28a6632e607897f094a

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I didn't called people "wankers", I said "Ulquiorra get wanked and overestimated a lot". Simple reading comprehensive skill. They are the ones who directly called me a troll.
Cbf6d2098176a28a6632e607897f094a
I changed my words, that's what matters. You on the other hand still haven't.

Boys, please settle your dispute in a civil manner on a message wall somewhere. You two know better. Neither of you are particularly bad, so this doesn't belong here.

Hst master said:
>Says we got offended
Lul

This isn't the 1st time you've derailed a thread despite being told so.
Who got offended when I started doing Composite Naruto vs Composite Bleach threads, huh?! Answer me that! You went as far as reported me because you couldn't stand Bleach characters taking majority of the L against their Naruto counterparts! That's violating my rights!!! We don't we even have a rule against doing composite threads in this site!

@JohnCena

No. In fact I don't even remember doing that. And if you were reported it's because of you constantly ignoring things when you're told so.

And if you really hold a grudge against me take it to a wall

I don't think that either of you have done anything particularly bad. As Matthew said, you simply have to learn to get along better, and not get so worked up about discussing power levels.

That said, I know that it can be stressful if I or somebody else is already overworked and severely distracted.

In any case, you are derailing this thread with unnecessary reports, and need to try to be less sensitive and argue calmly and reasonably.

We already decided against taking action towards Arrogant, from what I recall. So long as it wasn't out of bias or negative intentions, we should let it slide, and focus on people that:

A. Do things out of malice, ill-intent, or excessive trolling.

B. Those that continuously violate the rules despite multiple warnings.

Assaltwaffle said:
I agree with Gargoyle. If we keep making "final warnings" and ultimatums without actually following through it just proves that he can break the rules and not get punished for it. This is the exact behavior that parents do that ends up spoiling their child.

If you make promises or threats and never follow up on them why would someone believe that you'll actually follow through? This is basic psychology.
^My thoughts still

I also want to know why AS said "Gar waited for a day" I'm not sure what he was implying here

@Sera

Actually most people agreed with a light ban.

@Gar

I mean you can simply ask him. I definitely can't be the one telling you that

@Kaltias

I editited my previous post to include my thoughts on it. I think he did nothing ban-worthy. Again, if anything, we could ban him from vs thread creation/participation for a short while and even that seems unnecessary.

AS certainly doesn't deserve a serious punishment for what he did. But I do think a slap in the wrist punishment like a short ban is appropriate here, since he's still at fault here.

Other staff members can decide if his current ban is too long or not.

I am fine with if we remove his 10 days block, if others think that it would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back