• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would block him for a week to 2 weeks, its not the more noctorious kinds of vandilism and seems to have been legitmately done as a joke, but I could see why others would go longer or shorter.

@Shadow Don't give people the idea, that it's okay to do things like that on the Jokes battle wiki.

I think that at least a month seems more appropriate as a block.

Wasn't Vodka also reported for making a racist slur against Mexicans a while back on another wiki? That sounds pretty serious if you ask me; that's something to never joke about and people have gotten permanent Fandom blocks for stuff like that.

Well, I will block him for a month then, but if other administrators think that he should be banned for longer, feel free to do so.

I'd vote for three months since he was given a chance before and immediately ruined it. Might just be me, of course.

@ Shadow

Vandalism of pages in any regard is unacceptable. JBW is the same, even if we are more lenient with blocking time. As Andy said, do not encourage him to think that he can do such a thing there without being punished appropriately.

So are 3 months more appropriate?

Well, since he seems to have been warned previously.

If the previous warning was about something else, then i don't think it should be a reason for extending the ban.

Fandom have been unwilling to reduce his 1 year block so far, but I told him that he might have better luck if he tries to talk with them again in a month with input from myself.

I will also likely have to install a new word filter for our chat to prevent more Fandom blocks of otherwise well-behaved and productive members, but I am not quite sure if I understood the Developers wiki's staff instructions right, and the script does not seem to be as good or customisable as the filter for our regular wiki:

https://dev.wikia.com/wiki/WordFilter

https://dev.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:20545

Take note that this information is not an invitation to discuss the issue further here though. That would both derail the thread and be too controversial.

This user seems like an obvious troll. He just joined today, but still. Tried to downgrade Naruto for no reason other than, "He never busted a planet" or "It's wanked." And he also made this thread, trying to upgrade Bleach to 5-B based on "Core of the Sun" statement. Kudosing his own comments is also a bad sign.

Could just be a new user who doesn't really know anything; such as how to calc stuff. But I don't really see good signs. This comment on this thread, also further shows this.

@Dark I am suspicious as well, but I don't think he has enough evidence of being a troll atm. Also, while a lot of his arguments aren't solid, they don't seem outright trollish either.

I also think that it is likely a troll.

Should we give him a warning or a ban, and if the latter, for how long?

Okay. Is some staff member willing to handle it?

What will be the warning for exactly? I still don't see any outright demonstration of trolling from him, just faulty arguments

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Selenebean3000

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Chromesandgenomes

I highly suspect these two users are sockpuppets of one another. They make their accounts in the same day, posting in the same thread in favor for upgrading Bleach. The later appearing to support the former after he was rejected.

Also doesn't help that both have the sock habit of not having any avatar whatsoever.

There is also this third user asking on the same thread. So it's definitely a noticeable pattern.

I agree that it seems suspicious.

The Bleach discussion threads are often linked in the WhoWouldWin Discord by the Bleach fans there, so it's not conclusive proof of anything. Lots of people create accounts here in order to express disagreement.

Which doesn't mean they are socks of each other. They should only be taken care of if they become a problem.

Te be fair, FANDOM does allow alternate accounts, so as long as they aren't doing something that directly attacks the Wiki, I don't really get the point.

Granted, I am unaware on whether or not announcing it's an alternate account is required for it to be acceptable, but still, my point stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back