• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see if he wants to change it, perhaps he doesn't know how to change his username. From first glance he doesn't look like he's purposely trying to be a toxic user.

IMO, he mocks my nationality as well. In a similar way, it's possible to tease Arabs by using jokes about ISIS and calling them terrorists.

I suppose that makes sense and I don't think it's meant to insult anyone. He's referencing a YouTuber known as Life of Borris who just does comedic Russian videos. However he said that he can't change his username since he's done so already. I suggested that he makes a new account with a normal user name and ask for the current one to be banned.

I would appreciate if somebody tells him to ask the Fandom staff to change his username to something inoffensive.

The message wall greeting also has to be cleaned up obviously.

If he refuses to listen, you can ban him.

I will check. Promoting genocidal ideologies is not acceptable.

@Versusjunkie

He was indeed being rude and condescending, but you're responses only goaded him on. Doesn't excuse him, but you did play a part in making that worse.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Versusjunkie
He was indeed being rude and condescending, but you're responses only goaded him on. Doesn't excuse him, but you did play a part in making that worse.
I'll take responsibility for that. Honestly, whenever I see downplay like that, I kinda have an instinct to go and attack it.

I'm not sure if I should warn him or not. I could see why, by I could also understand why not. I'd prefer to have some other staff weigh in.

Imo he was just being pompous, nothing really to worry about especially in the vs battle section.

A polite light warning/instruction seems fine. Is any staff member interested in handling it?

C'mon he was obviously kidding around and in the absolute least offensive way imaginable. Only to then apologize for acting silly and then getting serious. From this and the "Hail Hitler" stuff and many other things I feel like people have been overreacting to things and getting way too sensitive lately. I don't want this site to become the "Anti-Fun Police".

Ryukama is correct. My apologies if I contributed to this development. The issues that are brought to our attention are recurrently of a very silly nature.

i think i overreacted too...i was not at a very good place mentally at that time, i was angry at someone in real life and stressed out...that affected my behaviour in here and i took it out on akm sama

now that i have calmed down i accept my mistake and apologize for it... lets just forget the whole damn thing like it never happened

I'm very sorry to hear about that. Hope things get better and thanks for understanding.

I don't like bans for "wanking" or "downplaying". It's essentially just getting rid of people who disagree with the hivemind. Of course if people are constantly derailing threads with nonsense or acting hostile then yes. But we shouldn't go down the slippery slope of banning people just for differing opinions.

of course, I meant being unreasonable and ignoring points made by others kind of wank, or repeating it after being asked to stop.

@Ryu

I'm not sure that hivemind is the right word.

But yes. Having a dissenting opinion alone is not enough to ban someone. If they're being obnoxious, hostile, and a generally unpleasant person, the we can move towards looking at a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back