• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
hivemind would be me being banned fir disagreeing with the idea of storm calculations.

Banning somone (after giving warnings) for not giving reasoning, usiing fallacies and ignoring others reasoning is not hivemind, they are entitled to keep that logic, but they hould undrstand that unless gotten through with a crt it does not count

nor did I intend to insinuate that, I just wanted to say that how it was desctibed it wouldn't be hive mind in this case

If people are being banned because their opinion differs from the accepted opinion that all the members here do and are supposed to have, then it absolutely is a hivemind. If we don't want to get called a hivemind, then we don't act like one.

I couldn't care less if someone thinks Goku is Tier 0 or that Superman's 10-C. As long as they are well behaved, civilized and don't constantly derail nonstop, they should stay.

I'm glad most of us are at least in an agreement that we shouldn't ban for differing opinions though, semantics of words aside.

If none of you mind, I am deleting the comments before Ryukama's current reply. This has derailed the rule violations thread a bit. I can copy the comments to a new thread if needed.

I do mind. I feel that's hiding people's freedom of expression in raising a very valid and important issue. They should stay.

On the Rule Violations Thread? Making another thread would be significantly more appropriate for this topic.

I see no derailment. I saw a bunch of very valid, good posts that should have be kept. This feels like textbook damage control.

This is a thread reporting rule breakers, not one about the climate regarding hiveminds and if there is one on the wiki, this is a very obvious derailment. Again, make another thread. Now we're derailing this thread too.

We were having an important discussion about not suppressing peoples' opinions. The solution isn't to, even if not the intention, do something that might look like suppressing peoples' opinions.

I mean it's not like any drama or crazy out of control comments happened. Just some people saying they agree with me, and a brief yet completely civil disagreement on what a word means.

The comments already happened. Removing them isn't going to suddenly undo them or their effect. Let's just allow people their voices and opinions being heard. Having a wall of "This comment has been removed" only brings more questions and confusion from others, an elephant in the room and looks bad on our part.

I restored the comments.

However I do apologize derailing the thread, although it was a very important response to someone and meaning a great deal to this entire site as a whole. There were perhaps better ways to handle something that honestly gets me really angry. Also I politely ask people drop it from here on out since this matter is resolved.

[Edited]

I definitely agree that we shouldn't ban people for having a different opinion, but if they are being completely unreasonable, by severely exaggerating character statistics, creating multiple stomp threads, etcetera, it is still important that we tell them to stop. Otherwise the wiki will turn far more unmanageable, hostile, and out of control for the already overworked staff to deal with. It is a practical issue of maintaining the overall stability of this community.

In addition, letting go of our standards would open up for troll accounts to systematically waste staff time and provoke our members by being deliberately unreasonable.

I am very glad that Ryukama resurrected the deleted posts. I am absolutely with him that we should not have thought crime here at VBW, and that people with different opinions shouldn't be banned simply because of that.

Yes, agreed, but as I mentioned in my previous post, we still have to maintain the stability of the wiki, so we cannot let go of our standards entirely. A reasonable middle ground has to be maintained.

Is anybody interested in giving him a more severe warning?

then he should be asked if he knew of it, and if he didnt he should be warned to make a crt to at least request the changes

This is the third time that he has done so. Perhaps we should ban him?

Yes, since he only seems to randomly change statistics since he came to this wiki, and does not respond to or care about reprimands, it seems like the community would be better off without his participation.

You will have to ask whoever banned him via their message wall.

That would be DarkAnine who blocked him for this, and regardless if it's a joke or not, suicide comments are not tolerable under any circumstances. Agreed it should be DarkAnine's decision, but there should definitely be a strong reminder that it's simply not okay to even joke about even if his ban is reduced or lifted.

Even saying it to a friend who's okay with it and/or knows he's joking, it's still bad because regular users and staff members, or even just random kids visiting the site could easily see it, think it's serious, which would be very dangerous.

I believe that if its the first and only time it would not need a heavy punishment, as he probably just didnt think it through

Suicide jokes as far as I know have zero tolerance on this wiki so I doubt the ban will be lifted, especially since he's only got 9 edits.

I honestly think staff should be the ones to handle these things

ProspectX said:
LuckyCharmingStar said:
he just said it to one of his friend who has no problem with it.
This is unacceptable, such jokes are not trespass the proximity of this wiki.
I know it is. but he didn't say that toward everyone he said it to his friend as joke and his friend didn't even mind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back