• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rose Quartz Possible Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the last thread about her downgrade about her not 'poofing' away the Pink Diamond, but ever since we discovered that she IS the pink diamond, shouldn't that make her comparable to the other diamonds and therefore, at least High 6-A like Blue Diamond and Yellow Diamond?

Not only her but Rainbow Quartz should be upgraded as well since is a fusion of pearl and Rose.

I don't follow the show anymore but I suppose this makes sense.

I'll wait for others who are more knowledgeable than me to make the call, though.

TFW this could mean full potential Steven is High 6-A.

Also, I agree. Though, I do think that we shouldn't rush into the upgrade just yet. After all, Pink is physically the weakest Diamond and it would make sense that Rose Quartz isn't High 6-A because she can contend with regular Homeworld Gems on even grounds.

This would also explain how Steven is in the tier he's currently in, as he should be the same tier as Pink Diamond if he shares her Gem.

Sir Ovens said:
TFW this could mean full potential Steven is High 6-A.
Also, I agree. Though, I do think that we shouldn't rush into the upgrade just yet. After all, Pink is physically the weakest Diamond and it would make sense that Rose Quartz isn't High 6-A because she can contend with regular Homeworld Gems on even grounds.

This would also explain how Steven is in the tier he's currently in, as he should be the same tier as Pink Diamond if he shares her Gem.
Honestly it's possible that she either A) Limited herself as to not end up reveling her true power and thus who she was or B) The act of Shapeshiffting to such a different form and staying like that for so long like she did likely limited her powers as she had to use them to mantain the form, so she couldn't use Full Power as Rose. We don't even know if there is actually any difference in power between the diamonds other than their size, this was never really said, just assumed, even if so Pink should at least be Comparable to Yellow and Blue as fellow diamonds.

So is anybody interested in updating the profiles?

I think that she should probably just have a single key.

Well, should those who scale to her be updated too? or it should be noted that As Rose she was likely always supressed in some way?

You should preferably ask more knowledgeable members for input. I am not qualified to properly evaluate this.

If other characters are scaled from her, other than fusions that she took part in, a suppressed key and a full power key would probably be best.

I'd say I'm knowledgeable about SU (tho I'm not on the list). And I'm for the upgrade. But what tier exactly would we upgrade Rose (and Rainbow Quartz) to?

Well since the Update to the Diamond's tier to 5-B wasn't decided yet, i guess upgrading her to High 6-A as the other diamonds currently are should be appropriate? Also as Antv suggested, if those who scale to her as Rose are going to be updated too, should she have a supressed and full power (as Pink Diamond) key?

Which, if any, other characters are scaled from her?

Yeah it's probable that "Rose" is weaker than Pink bc Pink is using more energy to keep form as Rose. So Rose is likely still High 6-B, and PD is probably 6-A (due to being weaker than Yellow and Blue but still being a Diamond). Rose would scale to fused Rubies, which are thought to be comparable to Sardonyx who's High 6-B as well due to being a fusion of Garnet and Pearl

Gojira1234 said:
Yeah it's probable that "Rose" is weaker than Pink bc Pink is using more energy to keep form as Rose. So Rose is likely still High 6-B, and PD is probably 6-A (due to being weaker than Yellow and Blue but still being a Diamond). Rose would scale to fused Rubies, which are thought to be comparable to Sardonyx who's High 6-B as well due to being a fusion of Garnet and Pearl
I mean , like i said once, we don't even know if there is actually any difference in power between the diamonds other than their size, this was never really said, just assumed, and even if that's the case Pink should at least be Comparable to Yellow and Blue as fellow diamonds, so High 6-A albeit on a lower end.

I wouldn't scale Pink to the others two diamonds, she is the youngest and smallest of the three, so most likely she isn't as strong as Blue or Yellow, at least no physically. Furthermore, most likely PD reformed as Rose rather than shapeshift into Rose all the time, it would explain why fusions involving her takes the appearence of Rose rather than Pink.

Rose's sword just ignore durability of the gems (or good, light bodies, but that is just theory) without harming the core, so standard AP depend of the wielder.

I though it was already on the profile, but I not use to take a look at profile. Sure, add it, conditional Durability Negation.

I think that a single statistics key scaling from the diamonds would be most appropriate if no other characters are scaled from Rose.

Sorry about reopening this, but can somebody give me an update of how the Rose Quartz and Rainbow Quartz pages have been changed?

I would also like to know if any other character profiles are scaled from Rose.

I think that it makes much better sense if Rose only has a single key.

Is anybody interested in updating the Rose Quartz and Rainbow Quartz pages? Also, what should we do about Hessonite?

The thing is, Rose was comparable to a Quartz during the war. It wouldn't make sense for her to be High 6-A while in the Rose disguise because it would either scale to everyone she fought with during the war, or she stomped everyone with ease.

Both highly unlikely situations.

I think that she simply held back her full power, not that she became weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back