• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisions for Extra and Extella characters (Mainly Artoria and Karna)

Hello all. Today I will be taking us down a wonderful path that shall seperate Karna into two keys, and shall give Artoria a new key.

To summerize, during Artoria's story in Fate/Extella, she matches and exceeds multiple characters, most notably, Gilgamesh and Tamamo no Mae. Both of whom are at their true power, with Gil being the same Gilgamesh from CCC, and Tamamo using her Moon Crux.

For Karna's side, well, there is simply no logical reason to not have a seperate key for his CCC key, since Servant Karna's Vasavi Shakti is not High 3-A or Low 2-C. As such, Karna should have seperate keys for each version, with his first key being noted as being his Servant/Weakened forms from both Apoc and CCC, and his second key being his full power form in CCC and Extella.

So, let's open the game.

Proposed Karna Revisions
As this is the simplest revision to make, it will be the one started with.

As I said earlier, Karna needs his profile seperated into two keys. His Noble Phantasm is not Universal+ in Apocrypha. In fact, I'd say it's likely only Island Level like other NPs, since it shows no more destrctuive power than something like Balmung or Clarent Blood Arthur. Granted, it can massively outmatch those Noble Phantasms, but to jump to it being Universal+ from there is ludicris.

This change is simple, and minor. Karna should recieve a seperate key for his CCC version, which should scale to people like BB, since she notes that she could not match up to him upon capturing Jinako. Granted, it's likely that he is below her, but his list of resistances was likely the main issue BB would have had. It should also be added that he likely has resistance to Subjective Reality, as BB considered him an actual threat, enough to take action and try to remove him from the field, albeit in an underhanded way.

So, to summerize:

1. Karna gets a new key for his CCC "Launcher" incarnation. It should scale to BB's AP. Vasavi Shakti, Brahmastra, and Brahmastra Kundala are noted as being higher than his regular power (At least High 3-A, likely Low 2-C. higher with Brahmastra and Brahmastra Kundala. Even higher with Vasavi Shakti).

2. Vasavi Shakti is rescaled to "At least 6-C, likely far higher" for Karna's servant/weakened forms.

3. Karna recieves a Possibly Resistance to Subjective Reality, as BB considered him enough of a threat to take underhanded action to remove him from the field. This implies she either would be at a disadvantage against him, or that she could not nullify his attacks, though this is never outright shown. The heavy illusion to it seems to be enough for at least a possibly.

Since that's mostly out of the way, let's get to the juicy bit

Artoria Excaliblasts the tier list
So, for anyone who hasn't played Extella, Artoria is summoned within this game by the Moon Cell to investigate and potentially stop the ongoing war between Altera, Tamamo, and Nero. In this form, she is noted as being at her peak. She has the same statistics as her self under Rin Tohsaka, and even has Avalon with her as a usable skill. But that's not what's important here.

What's important here, is exactly who she fights and defeats over the course of her story.

Firstly, Artoria defeats Moon Crux/Regalia equipped Tamamo. This alone is a feat in and of itself that puts her above the MMC Heroic spirits, and Above the likes of Moon Crux Nero and Tamamo, as it is implied that she defeated Tamamo quite easily. For context, here is the main piece after their fight.

Tamamo states that, even with the power of the Moon Crux/Regalia, she was overwhelmed and defeated by Artoria, and given Artoria's casual conversation, it is implied heavily that Artoria did this without much effort. Later on in the conversation, she notes that the Moon Cell is empowering her, which would explain why she is able to fight at such a level.

Later on, she fights a pitched battle with Gilgamesh, who is assited by Iskandar. During this encounter, Artoria notes that Gilgamesh is not a regular heroic spirit, and likens him to Altera . It is very likely that this is Gilgamesh in a similar form to his Full Power form at then end of CCC. Though, it is worth noting that this is somewhat up in the air as to whether it is Full Power Gil. Stil, given that she blatantly outmatches him, well... if it is, there's a good chunk of evidence.

And finally, while a bit more minor, Archimedes notes that Artoria is a major threat to his plans, and that she could defeat Altera's true form.

So, what does this change?

1. Artoria gets a new key, listed as "Moon Cell Empowered". This key directly scales to Tamamo-no-Mae with her Moon Crux, as Artoria defeated Moon Crux equipped Tamamo quite easily. As the main cast are able to defeat Titan Altera in her Velbar form, Artoria should be considered above this in her Moon Cell empowered key.

2. This key is able to resist any of Tamamo-no-Mae's hax from her Moon Crux form, and possesses Avalon. It is possible her resistances should be scaled to those of the three playable cast from CCC, as she is being amped by the moon cell, however, this is up for debate.

Conclusions (changes to be made)
The relative changes to made are simple. This is mostly piggybacking off of the Fate/Extra CCC rescale.

1. Change Karna's profile, seperating it into two keys. Karna's Launcher Key should be rated as "At least High 3-A, likely Low 2-C. Higher with Brahmastra and Brahmastra Kundala, even higher with Vasavi Shakti.

2. Add a new key for Artoria, rated as "At least High 3-A, likely Low 2-C, higher with Excalibur. The justification given in the AP section should be "significantly above Moon Crux Tamamo-no-Mae. Was considered a possible threat to Altera/Attila by Archimedes"

3. Possibly add resistance to Subjective Reality for Karna, and possibly add all of the resistances granted by fighting BB from the playable servant keys to Artoria's Moon Cell Empowered form. These are not neccesary changes, but they would make some sense given the source of Artoria's powers, and BB's dialogue with Karna in CCC.

That should be all. Thank you for your time.

1. BB said that if Gawain and Karna went after her at that moment, she would be no match. This was an obvious tease on her part as neither have shown the ability to get past her Ten Crowns, for example. He just helplessly watched Jinako get screwed by BB, so it's natural she would add some salt to the wound. You would have to give Gawain low 2-C tier.

2. Gilgamesh is definitely not at full power in that thing called Extella. He is literally dying from the effects of the Far Side, which totally contradicts CCC.

1. Fair enough. I'd still consider giving him the classification for the same reasons we rated Vasavi Shakti at that level.

2. Again, fair. However, that's not the main point, since Artoria does defeat Tamamo with the Moon Crux. The Gilgamesh point was more of a side point.

There is also a problem that Karna declares he would die against Gilgamesh after Gilgamesh is granted Ten Crowns, but before Gilgamesh puts himself at BB's level with Power of the Beginning.

Generally I dislike giving characters resistance if they haven't shown it or if it isn't obvious. I'll see what others think. If Moon Crux Tamamo is low 2-C, then this upgrade for Artoria is obvious.

Moon Crux Tamamo is above MMC Tamamo, who is significantly above baseline High 3-A/Low 2-C. As for the resistances, Artoria is being bosted by the Moon Cell, BB's main power source and something akin to the Root of the Beginning. It makes sense she'd have a similar set of resistances.

Question that is kinda unrelated but would this also technically be Artoria if she would ever be powered by the Counter Force in case she becomes a Counter Guardian like EMIYA due to her also having a Contract with the world ?

No. Counter Guardians are vastly below this level. As far as we know, only Arcueid can reach similar levels when she is Archtype Earth.

I am unsure on Moon Crux being above Mythic Gear. Is there some concrete evidence for that?

The same goes for resistances. Resistances of CCC Servants are not connected to the Moon Cell.

Damaging Sefar, who was above the Moon Cell in power, and should roughly be comparable to BB in terms of power. Additionally, Moon Crux is powered by the Moon Cell, so there's that.

You forget that because of Vasavi Shakti's one use nature, it's more susceptible to conceptual compatibility shenanigans. This is seen when it annihilates Achilles' shield fairly easily but is also blocked by it. Considering that happened within the same minute, even if we assume that Vasavi Shakti is limited (which is never implied), it would still be a massive outlier for Sieg. Thus it is more likely to simply be a outlier rather than VS having some unknown sudden drop in power.

or maybe balmung isbalso universal+

Sieg didn't really hold it back much the only reason he didn't die is because Astolfo saved him

Or, easier way to put it, Karna's servant variation in the regular grail war is weaker than CCC Karna, since the strongest normal servant before this is Gilgamesh at 5-B. With a fully charged Ea. Which is considered superior to Vasavi Shakti.

I don't see how, when the previous absolute strongest Noble Phantasm, stated multiple times to be superior to all other NPs, including Vasavi Shakti, is somehow multiple infinities below something it has actively been said as being stronger than.

It's far simplier to assume Lancer Karna =/= CCC Karna, since that is true for every other servant before him.

The problem is that Vasavi Shakti is still supposed to be able to kill the gods even when servant Karna uses it so it still scales to them.

Before someone says it has an anti divinity effect, that doesn't mean and has never been shown to mean that it boosts the power of an attack by an infinite amount

you could also just scale Ea up to high 3-A/Low 2-C

KnightOfSunlight said:
Or, easier way to put it, Karna's servant variation in the regular grail war is weaker than CCC Karna, since the strongest normal servant before this is Gilgamesh at 5-B. With a fully charged Ea. Which is considered superior to Vasavi Shakti.
I don't see how, when the previous absolute strongest Noble Phantasm, stated multiple times to be superior to all other NPs, including Vasavi Shakti, is somehow multiple infinities below something it has actively been said as being stronger than.

It's far simplier to assume Lancer Karna =/= CCC Karna, since that is true for every other servant before him.
Also aren't CCC Karna and Lancer Karna two different classes ?

That sounds like the classic Nasu hype up.

Remember how Kanshou and Byakuya should be capable of killing any inhuman monster, including Tiamat amped Gorgon?

CCC Karna is weaker than Gilgamesh... its because Jinako was a terrible master, but in terms of durability. Kanra was actrually confident he could defeat Servant Gilgamesh with his armor on even with Jinako as his master, but the reason he didn't use it is because he wanted to protect Jinako (His master)

In CCC its only his armor that gives him that High Universal to Low 2-C rating and its due to its passive ability. he definetly doens't have the attack potency

and during Gilgamesh route, of the Game of CCC Gawain's NP was stated by BB to be equal to a weakened Karna's NP. She believed they were equal.

Karna also describes that he got lolmudstomped by gilgamesh in the tournament before BB messed with the mooncell..

This is all Servant Karna - Jinako as a master Vs Servant Gilgamesh - Hakuno as a master

CCC game, and not the Foxtail series.

That's... a whole different level of technicality lol.

Karna aside, what's the opinion on Artoria getting a new key for Extella/Moon Cell Empowered?

I'm fine with the new key for Artoria I suppose although excalibur should have already been scaled to the white titan anyway

Also I don't think the Vasavi Shakti being able to kill the gods is just Nasu hype considering that's its entire purpose

I will say that, She was bufffed by the moonell. she states it at the start of her route, doesn't she? Now how much more buffed is she? That i am unsure on. She should be "Likely Planet level" at the very least for taking on Gilgamesh whom, didn't he have killing intent towards her this time? otherwise i'd go with unkown.. I think we have a lack of sufficient evidence supporting High 3-A to low 2-c on her.

"Likely planet level" or "Likely far higher as she had her power amplified by the MoonCell to unkown amount."

I suppose.

Oh well, even if it doesn't happen, Artoria getting a new key on par with the higher ups is good enough for me.

Imo, i still think it would be better to lable it as "Unkown, likely far higher"

but i'll watch the video once im done with with a couple of things on my end lol

Back