• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Acausality Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Write something like "Outer Gods (Cthulhu Mythos), Daedric Princes (The Elder Scrolls)" as the example for type 4 and personally it would be good to go

Looks pretty good to me, but I want to here Reppuzan's thoughts as well.

Hmm, how would eternals from The Spirit of Eternity Sword fit into this? Upon becoming an eternal, they are freed from the time axis in which they are born, and all memories of them are erased, and history rewritten so that they never existed, so they don't really have a past or future, they don't exist within time at all really, maybe type 3?

God (Duel Savior), Ricolis and Touma Mia though not sure, they basically are unaffected by time reversals, so basically nobody remembers the events that occurred in the future but they do.

As for the types, they look ok to me.

I would not count on it, tenma 1-A time stop is of course limiting everything where his law reaches, and it is ever expanding, naturally freezing beings like, snake, golden beast and throne. Of course this is applied only in the verse itself, precog 1-A I believe that only works only if the verse work with it, because logically there is no way to predict a 1-A.

Oh yeah, for Type 4, I doubt general precognition works on them since 1-A characters as Ant mentioned are above all concepts of time or space. So predicting them sounds more like Nigh-Omniscience or at least extreme Cosmic Awareness rather than just Precognition.

@Lancer The eternals? What do you think about God being unaffected by time reversals?

Also don't think precog works on type 4

Precog shouldn't work on type 4, even if the character isn't 1-A. Exceptions being precog shown to work like that, but you can get any ability with weird stipulations like that.

Somebody should preferably ask Azathoth to comment here as well.

@Celestial Yeah the Eternals. I think that's type 3 too but I'm not too sure cuz no info on them.

Also, I can edit the type 4 part of Precognition with Nigh-Omniscience and High Level Precognition or something if anyone wants

Also I pm'd him @Ant

Everyone always forgets that linear time and causality are more or less directly linked to each other, and the fact that people still treat TPI as totally separate from Acausality is proof of that.

I feel like immeasurability should give some sort of boon, or possibly count as one of these, but idk as of now.

Welp, how are we going to deal with people like Edmond? He is naturally fit and limited to basic cause and effect but, his NP removes his limitations from space and time, I believe it should be debatable. I believe that as causality has to do with time, would not be limited it would make someone acausal? Since even though it is not limited to time, it can still be predicted with the clairvoyance skill of the servants. It would be something like acausal for not being limited to time but still need to act (cause) to move (effect).

Not sure how much immeasurable speed and acausality are intertwined.

Like, an immeasurable character breaks causality to a degree, but idk which type it would be.

Also if I understood, you guys are saying that type 4 should nope precog even for non 1-As, right?

If the precog isn't shown to work on something like that, then yeah.

Infinite speed? That seems like something context specific.

Ultima Reality said:
Although, what Type of Acausality would be reforming and proceeding to normally exist after the Multiverse clumbles across all of Time alongside you?
High-Goldy Regn, then?

Here's a suggested rewrite for these new definitions, just to keep them flowing better:

• Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.
  • Type 2: Causality Transcendence: Characters with this type of Acausality transcend the normal boundaries of cause and effect, existing outside of the causality of a system. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation and Precognition, among others.
  • Type 3: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason.
    • Examples: Composite Devilma and Sata (Devilma)
  • Type 4: Irregular Acausality: Characters with this type of Acausality are not bound by normal causality and cannot be interacted with normally because of this, making it virtually impossible to affect them through most means.
  • Type 5: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.
I'd also personally like it better if they were sorted in a more logical order (Time Paradox Immunity -> Temporal Singularity -> Temporal Permanence -> Causality Transcendence -> Irregular Causality), but that's not a big deal.

I mean, in this case you are basically existing normally after your Past and Future were destroyed. I think it can be Type 3, not sure about it though.

I mean permanence could either be superior or inferior to singularity depending on the context, but type 4 should probably be last due to being the "best".

@Ult

1 at least.

Might be 3 as well if that results in the character's past and future versions to not exist anymore, but I feel that this should be specified (I mean they already survived the collapse so not being affected isn't impossible)

Again, let's keep this to another thread? Just make a thread to talk about changes rather than clog up the discussion on the changes to the page.

It's not really the same as the other ones, Valentine needs to actively travel to the other universe to do so. If he was instantly killed I don't think he'd be able to do it

I approve of the rewrite as well.

I'll also try and help with editing in the changes.

Should we note somewhere that immeasurable speed gives a degree of acausality (if we all agree)?

Kaltias said:
Should we note somewhere that immeasurable speed gives a degree of acausality (if we all agree)?
I suppose that kind of depends on how the immesearuable speed works, at which point it would just be regular justification for acasuality.

I can agree with that. After all, time is just another axis of movement for immeasurable speed characters. If they didn't have some sort of acausality, they'd get paradoxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back