• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Acausality Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be completely honest, that's not how immesurable speed is portrayed in a lot of verses, and most of the time the author isn't even aware of stuff like that.

It should be better to look for statements/feats that support acasuality rather than assuming all immesurables have it in a sort of way.

I can't really think of any immeasurables who aren't portrayed like that. Immeasurability is beyond linear time as is, and as such characters that get that ridiculous generally have other stuff going for them.

Wokistan said:
I can't really think of any immeasurables who aren't portrayed like that. Immeasurability is beyond linear time as is, and as such characters that get that ridiculous generally have other stuff going for them.
That's only when you are the one with the immeasurable feats.

But if you are immeasurable via tagging someone, you don't necessarily have the transcending space-time statements yourself

@Dargoo

Agreed

@Kal

I can't explicitly remember any examples of characters being unhinged from causality just for having immeasurable speed.

Amakasu can buff his speed until it transcends causality and has immeasurable speed as a result. Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

Is causality not ultimately a concept inextricably linked to notions of linear time though? It deals with the flow of events, cause and effect relationships, one thing leading to another, which is a textbook linear relationship. If you are beyond such linearities, I don't see why you should be affected by causality stuff that's not shown to be of a nonlinear or more overarching level, similar to how immeasurables resist timehax.

@Repp

It's more that usually statements that warrant immeasurable end up justifying some degrees of acausality.

Personally i'm not for immeasurable = acausal, and I kinda agree with Dargoo about the fact that it's case by case.

I do also understand the point that Woki is trying to make tho. Time and causality are tied, so if you are free from one, you are free from the other one as well.

I agree with Promestein on the rewrite and on the order of arrangement Time Paradox Immunity -> Temporal Singularity -> Temporal Permanence -> Causality Transcendence -> Irregular Causality

Lancer45Man said:
I agree with Promestein on the rewrite and on the order of arrangement Time Paradox Immunity -> Temporal Singularity -> Temporal Permanence -> Causality Transcendence -> Irregular Causality
Well, only TPI is clearly low end and irregular causality is clearly high end. The other 3 it would seem to depend on the specific circumstances of the acausality. For example I'd personally say transcendence>permanence>singularity like you have, but it's not always like that due to the exact degrees. Perhaps a note saying that the ratings are more different from one another rather than numerically superior?

I agree with Promestein's suggestions regarding the wording and order of the types of acausality.

I also agree about that immeasurable speed should not automatically grant the ability. It has to be demonstrated or explained separately.

I think it should be noted in type singular existence (which I think should be renamed temporal singularity) that it also includes immunity to fate manipulation as there is no future to control.

I think that seems to make sense, and agree with the "temporal singularity" title.

Thank you. As far as I am concerned you can change the order of the types as well, but it is probably best to wait for some more staff input regarding that.

So Causality Transcendence is being completely free from all cause and effect, while Irregular Causality is being bound by a different system of causality to normal?

Type Two would be Altair and Madoka for sure. I thought Neo and Demiurge would be the same for Transcending Causality.

It's just neither Neo's nor Demiurge's acausality justifications say they transcend causality. Neo's justification seems pretty weak to begin with, but that's for another time.

If anything, Demi's seems more like irregular acausality due to it being because she comes from an alternate universe or something, while the Outer Gods seem like the ones who outright transcend causality.

Type 2 is just Transcending Causality of a Universe or a system. Not altogether all of Causality on an infinite Dimensional level.

God and Altair seem like good examples of type 2

God seems like a good example of transcending causality. Altair, I wouldn't think so, as despite her justification she was still being fought with by other characters, so she doesn't outright transcend it.

Altair seems more like she fits temporal singularity due to not having a background or story, i.e. past / future

"Type 5: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past."

What if you are erased from all of time simultaneously but is just not-affected because you exist outside of time. Seems like Type 5.

Altair has an entire thread describing her Transcendence of the Causality. Plus her fighting other characters doesn't mean much as she's a Type 2 not Type 4.

Why is transcending causality listed as being less than just being bound by different / irregular causality?

Working by different forms of causality should still allow some forms of interaction, outright transcending it would not.

I believe Irregular Acausality are given to those who cannot be interacted with in conventional manner. If you scroll above, you'll see Kal's and other's comment on this.

Also, here's the thread

EDIT: I believe it might be both type 2 and type 3

I mean, transcending it on one level doesn't mean you've transcended it on every level, there's varying levels of it, as with everything.

Irregular Acausality could probably have a better name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back