• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Acausality Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypothetical type 4 is very rare. The only cases I've found are the Outer Gods (Lovecraft), and some beings from Ancient Greek Philosophy, like The Being in Parmenis' philosophy.

Arguably also Platonic Ideas, but I have to look a bit deeper into it, and apparently the Being from Parmenis seem to be also present in Plato's philosophy in some way.

Temporal Presence is not acausality, instead of trascending the timeline you just one just exist in every timeline.

Antoniofer said:
Temporal Presence is not acausality, instead of trascending the timeline you just one just exist in every timeline.
Solaris actually exists in every moment of time at once, not in every timeline.

Ah ya, but thay still do not count as acausality, it has past and future that can be rewritten.

Was gonna make a thread about this sooner or later, nice to see I don't have to ovo

Now its time for a thread on body control

Looking at the definition of Type 2, Solaris sounds like that.

"It is a transcendent life form that exists in the past, present, and future. Defeating it here, now, would do nothing."

Well how did it get defeated? @Shadow

Though not sure if this thread is to discuss these things, rather just focus on the ability itself.

SomebodyData said:
Well how did it get defeated? @Shadow

Though not sure if this thread is to discuss these things, rather just focus on the ability itself.
Sonic, Shadow, and Silver attacked him in the past, present, and future all at once. Shadow in the past, Sonic in the present, and Silver in the future.

It would make sense if we had something for people like Lavos too.

Essentially it's the opposite of type 3, the character exists at multiple points in time/in different timelines, and it abuses that to stay alive.

Killing them requires the ability to kill all these different versions.

That also fits Solaris' case i believe

It is acausality. If you killed Lavos' or Solaris' past self, both of them would survive in the present.

And it feels wrong to simply call it time paradox immunity when killing someone immune to paradoxes only requires killing them into the present

Maybe temporal permanence, since they exist as actual existences across time and are not constantly changing as something that follows time normally would.

Type 5: Temporal Permanence. This type of acausality grants to a character the ability to survive thanks to other versions of themselves located at different points in time or in parallel timelines. This ability grants immunity to paradoxes, and in addition, prevents the complete destruction of the character as long as some versions of them are still alive.

^ Something like this maybe?

Looks good to me.

Examples are Lavos, Solaris, BB, etc.

I'd say that type 4 isn't inherently 1-A, but 1-As are more likely to have it, mostly because it's very rare

1-As should naturally have Type 4 Acausality, but it shouldn't be exclusive to them

The Daedric Princes from The Elder Scrolls come to mind as examples of non 1-As with Type 4, as they are mentioned to be immutable beings beyond Cause and Consequence who only seem linear because they chose to appear as so.

So far we have five types of Acausality and I've edited the post into it. If anyone wants to add anything else, feel free to discuss. Otherwise I agree with what's given here so far and if possible, the changes should be made.

So all 1-As should have type 4? Or are there extreme cases like that of the Outer Gods, who, if this is the case, would just have a better one?

Technically they all should, but there's probably many that aren't portrayed as such. Although, we also have 1-A time stop so who knows.

You're not allowed to edit pages with acausality now

You may want to make type 2 and 4 sound more different.

Btw i believe that BB having type 5 acausality was debunked. Might want to remove her.

Although Monarch probably knows it better than me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back