• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Acausality Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as per Kal's permissio, I'm doing a Revision/Proposal thread for the Acausality page due to the confusion among the people in here about Acausality.

So first of all, Time Paradox Immunity should be removed and integrated into the Acausality page. How are we gonna do it? Simple really. I propose that the Acausality page should be edited and categorized into five types at the very least.

• Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.
Examples: Goku Black with Time Ring (Dragon Ball), Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear), Doctor Who (Doctor Who)

• Type 2: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason.
Examples: Devilman (Composite) and Satan (Composite Devilman)

• Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.
Examples: Lavos (Chrono), Solaris (Sonic the Hedgehog)

• Type 4: Irregular Acausality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect to normal Causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.
Examples: [Altair] (Re:Creators), Oryx, the Taken King (Destiny), Lord Drakko (Power Rangers)

• Type 5: Causality Transcendence: Characters with this type of Acausality are not bound by normal causality and cannot be interacted with normally because of this, making it virtually impossible to affect them through most means.
Examples: Outer Gods (Cthulhu Mythos), Daedric Princes (The Elder Scrolls), God (Tokyo Babel)

So yeah, feel free to give your inputs and suggestions on this and if you agree or disagree.

Type 1 and 2 look good.

I'm sort of confused with some of the immunities in Type III. How does it give Law Manip immunity?

It's probably better if you add some explanation for type 2, like requirements and such.

I also still disagree with acausality messing up law manipulation

Nitpick, UKG doesn't exists in the present either, she is completely Nonexistent.

Also, I still thinks TPI shouldn't be listed as Acausality, it might mislead some people.

TPI was agreed to be a low level Acausality in previous threads but only protects against Time Paradoxes and nothing else.

Also, @kal hold up

TPI should be listed as acausality because it's acausality.

It's like saying that Time Stop and Time Manipulation are completely different.

They aren't, one encompasses the other

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Nitpick, UKG doesn't exists in the present either, she is completely Nonexistent.

Also, I still thinks TPI shouldn't be listed as Acausality, it might mislead some people.
I think it's already really misleading as it is.

SCP-682 has had Acausality for ages when it should have had TPI, because the language used in its feat sounds like it should make 682 acausal.

Like others I too don't understand why type 3 should give law manip immunity.

I also think that we should merge TPI into the Acausality page as a more limited form of it.

Anyway, it would be good if you ask Reppuzan and several others of our active staff members to take part in this thread: VS Battles Staff

Lancer45Man said:
Type 3 Acausality would require you to exist only in the Present in all of Creation with no past and future aka being Non-Existent/Blank in past and future.
No, from what I know, nonexistent being is technically someone who is completely isn't listed in the past, present, future and also doesn't exists as abstract entity as well.

I think you're misunderstanding my comment. I was talking about what criteria should a Character need to have Type 3 Acausality for example Satan or Devilman from Devilman series. I'm not talking about Non-Existent beings.

That's not what acausality means.

Madoka is an example of type 3 acausality as well because she isn't part of the multiverse's space-time, exists beyond it, is literally unbound by cause and effect etc. Being nonexistent isn't a requirement.

Also, personally I don't think that acausality and law manipulation tend to interact at all, excluding very specific cases, so idk if it's worth mentioning it

I'm pretty sure they are people whose Acausality is on higher degree than those people you mentioned. So, "True Acausal" doesn't seems fit.

Also, removed UKG from that list since she technically doesn't even exists in anywhere throughout the Multiverse.

I'm not saying you'd have to be Non-Existent to have Type 3. Non-Existent isn't even a requirement of it.

I'm saying that you need to exist in a single point in time in the present without any past or future. You can be non-existent and still have Type 3. You just need to have a statement/feat that you are in the present and that you don't have any past or future.

What about characters who don't exist in the past, but do in the future? It's weird, but I can name a character like this. Type 1?

Zenkaibattery1 said:
What about characters who don't exist in the past, but do in the future? It's weird, but I can name a character like this. Type 1?
Type 1, yeah.

Type 2 is for Characters who Transcend/Exist Outside/Are Unbound by the Causality of their Universe/System essentially making them immune to Causality Manipulation and Fate Manipulation and some degrees of Probability Manipulation and Precognition.

Type 3 is basically complete immunity to all the above Abilities as on top of Transcending Causality, they are present in the present moment of time with no future and past. Even Probability Manipulators or Precognition users who can see infinite possibilities/outcomes cannot do anything to them as there is no possibilities or outcomes of them

It depends from what "not existing in the past" means.

If it's something like Creator God#743 popping out of nowhere before creating the verse, it isn't acausality.

If it's something like "their past can't be altered", it's type 1

Basically, the bad guy went back to the past to kill the good guy when he was weaker, but only to find out a past version of him doesn't exist. But we know a future version does via precognition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back