• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Acausality Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added him (and added more lines to Type 2, as that specific type was not covered and I figured it'd be a good idea to add it). Though would he qualify for the "immune to time paradoxes / changes to past" part?

@Prom It is stated to exist outside of time space and has demonstrated it by being completely unaffected by any alteration to the timeline done through time travel. Speedsters avoid being grandfather paradoxed when traveling through the speed force due to being outside of where the effect of such temporal alterations can reach.

A prison inside the speed force made in the future version existed when Barry traveled to it in the present. It also has a short of omnipresence across various timelines as time traveling abilities of speedsters are built around moving inside the speed force where their past present and future exist at once.

Monarch Laciel said:
He has a past and future so no
Thats not type 3 though: Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

Nothing in type 3 mentions no past or future.

My bad.

Still no though. Kars doesn't achieve that effect by Acausality, he achieves it through a universe hoppping memory adding Stand

Monarch Laciel said:
My bad.
Still no though. Kars doesn't achieve that effect by Acausality, he achieves it through a universe hoppping memory adding Stand
So does the stand get it?

Anyone see any type 4 in the Acausal Characters Category?

I mean if there is none, nothing to be done about it, though might seem like a pointless form of acausality if it's so rare no one on the site even has it though that might change in the future.

Monarch Laciel said:
@Psycho, There is only one D4C(U) in the multiverse or something, so no.
Ok well I know little about JoJo so I was just going off what you said.

"Still no though. Kars doesn't achieve that effect by Acausality, he achieves it through a universe hopping memory adding Stand"

Though I may have misinterpreted it.

@Celestial, potentially Lord Drakko could qualify for Type 4? Apparently his past is split into multiple timelines, which could be said to operate by a different system of causality to normal

Standuser081 said:
Monarch Laciel said:
@Psycho, There is only one D4C(U) in the multiverse or something, so no.
When was that ever mentioned?
The original series iirc

In any case, D4CU still just works by multiversal teleportation and memory manip, it's not actual temporal permanence.

Oh yeah, forgot about Oryx, he may count so that can be added with his other revisions if it turns out he is.

(And he could be an example if he is)

What sort of acausality wold we consider ppl who can keep their memories after history is rewritten, time reset/reversed etc?

Yeah ripple effect proof memory is probably type 1 more than anything else.

Also mentions of "regular" acausality exist in Destiny and Oryx is specifically superior to "paracausal weaponry", so its not like its the Destiny specific term for the same thing.

Celestial Pegasus said:
What sort of acausality wold we consider ppl who can keep their memories after history is rewritten, time reset/reversed etc?
Sound like a low level of Type 1, assuming that the only thing it keep with it are memories.

Monarch Laciel said:
The original series iirc

In any case, D4CU still just works by multiversal teleportation and memory manip, it's not actual temporal permanence.
Actually, D4CU transfers Kars' consciousness to another Kars.

So does type 5 still grant CM resistance? Or does it not since they can still be killed, but replace by a parallel version of themselves?

Character specific likely.

Lavos himself probably has one of the other acausalities as well, but by default you can probably affect them to a meaningless degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back