• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Acausality Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how existing in one point of time results in being immune to offensive causality manipulation. Unable to precog them yes. Unable to alter them by affecting their (non-existent) past self yes. Unable to make their existence become the cause of their non-existence, no.

I should mention that Type 3 should also be Transcending Causality on top of being present in one point of time. Would that help??

Existing in only one point in time sounds more like a sub possibility to me than a necessity.

There are even some "true" acausals who exist in all points in time.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to do this similarly to the immortality page.

So various types yes, but not each one encompassing the previous one.

For example character A could exist outside of causality while character B could have the "no past nor future" kind, both would shrug off different things

Kal That might be a good idea, especially since type 2 and 3 to me seem more like a different mechanics type of deal than one being inherently superior to the other.

I like Kal's idea.

It could be written like:

Type 3: Singular Existence. A character with this kind of acausality has no past or future - they exist only at a single point in time. This grants them immunity to time paradoxes - as they have no past to manipulate - as well as forms of precognition or clairvoyance dependent on viewing the future - as they do not exist in the future to be seen. However, it does not grant immunity to all forms of causality manipulation.

Should we do something for characters that are completely unbound by the laws of cause and effect? For example:

Punch = Cause

Getting Hurt = Effect

So Punch ---> Getting Hurt

However, for this specific type of character, there would be no cause, nor effect, so they can't be interacted with by any conventional means:

Punch = Nothing

Getting Hurt = Nothing

Neither cause nor effect

Nothing <---> Nothing.

We probably should.

Type 4: [Insert name here]. A character with this kind of acausality cannot be interacted with using conventional means, as regular causality does not apply to them. This grants them immunity to offensive causality manipulation and to paradoxes, however, it does not prevent precognitive abilities from predicting the actions of the character.

^Something like this maybe?

Not sure.

Anyway, a possible downside of that ability, si that the user might not be able to interact with other beings/things as a consequence.

Also, some forms of Conceptual Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation or Higher Dimensional Manipulation may acutallybe able to effect him.

Absolute Acausality would be to be completely immune to the laws of cause and effect. I am not sure how we can best describe such an ability.

I wouldn't call any type of acausality absolute if we are making types that coexist opposed to "this type is better".

And yeah that downside is definitely a possibility

Also, DontTalkDT might be able to help out with this. It is probably a good idea to ask him to comment.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
"True" acausality would only be for 1-As, but we have a ton of 1-A specific stuff already
Why would being 1-A give you special acausality?

I think that he meant that being absolutely beyond literally every possible form of causality would be a thing only for 1-As.

It's the state of existence of Lovecraft's outer gods basically

Even then I'm still not sure that causality is something related to dimensionality.

Why could you not be beyond every possible form of causality but still be 10-B?

I mean, technically speaking, you could, I believe

But it's kinda like "technically a 10-B could have True-Godly regen".

It's possible but it just doesn't happen

Regen/immortality/durability seem to have good reasons to be different for 1-As. They're all powers based around what level of destruction you can withstand, and levels of destruction are inherently different when beyond dimensions.

But causality and a few other things are independent of dimensions, right?

Not quite. Causality is bound by temporal dimensions.

Example:

From our perspective, immeasurable speed breaks causality (the effect can happen before the cause).

From the perspective of the immeasurable character, it doesn't, because the cause happens, then the effect happens, as this character is bound by a higher dimensional form of time.

Edit: Ninja'd by Monarch

Ahh you're right, I forgot about that.

Makes sense then.

Something interesting I found in doctor who

"Anti-time: as intractable and destructive a force to causality as antimatter is to space. Something with no past, no present, no future. A perpetuity of meaningless chaos. A Now, with no beginning or end. Elegant, brilliant, thoroughly logical... and utter gibberish."

I know that Madoka Kaname has type 3 (After becoming 2-A, she was erased from history and she is specifically not a part of any future possibility).

Granted Madoka has all the types listed so far so maybe she isn't the best example.

The DW thing that Zach posted also sounds like type 3 acausality.

Apparently Devilma has that type 3 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back