• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rest in Peace, Akira Toriyama

I’ll cut to the chase, about 12 minutes ago it was revealed that Akira Toriyama, author of Dragon Ball, Doctor Slump, and other series has sadly passed away at 68. I don’t know if this is allowed to be posted, but considering his impact on media in general and to a lesser extent, powerscaling, I felt as if this would be okay.

May he rest in peace and his legacy live on for many years to come.

Rest In Peace Akira Toriyama ❤️

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said much more beautifully by other folks here.

When I heard the news, it was almost 7 AM in the morning. I thought it was some troll shit post at first, and I wish it was. The moment I realized this is official news, I almost felt sick to my stomach, I've lost close family members before and that is exactly how I felt. I chose not to go to my University that day or do anything else. I didn't even have the heart to rewatch a single clip of Dragon Ball knowing that the man behind this is no longer with us.

Rest In Peace, Toriyama.

Last edited:
I recently just joined, but I wanted to comment even if it's late because of how much I miss this man.

There are lots of thoughts here that have already said what I wanted to say, but I just wanted to say that I really love Dragon Ball (especially the original anime) and cannot wait for Dragon Ball Daima.

I'm really gonna miss Toriyama. Hoping he's in a better place. Rest in Peace, Toriyama.

Back