• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Request for Indexing Hax Layering/Smurf Hax on Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage, in the future, please at least add "imo/in my opinion" or something similar at the end so it doesn't come off as it's the whole site. Thanks. The reputation of the site in the eyes of the masses is bad as it is, and the last few days hasn't helped a lot.

And for everyone else, let's just put this aside for now and return to the topic at hand.

Moving on from that, while I don't necessarily oppose DT's solution, my issues with it still stand and I would like to further discuss what we would do about them.
As I asked before, what do we do with profiles that have layered/smurf hax, but do not have a NA/T section where the techniques that would be layered/higher-dimensional are detailed? What do we do about layered/smurf resistances, given I have never personally seen resistances documented in the NA/T section before?

Peeking my head in here and I’m a bit lost. What’s the current summary of the discussion from all parties?

Peeking my head in here and I’m a bit lost. What’s the current summary of the discussion from all parties?
General consensus seems to be that listing what hax are layered/higher-dimensional on individual character profiles is a good idea. The main issue now is how we index that. My suggestion is to put it in the P&A section (eg; Mind Manipulation (5 layers, 1-C; [justification here]). DT's suggestion is to just elaborate on each ability and its layers/smurfiness in the NA/T section. I outlined my personal issues with that solution in the post above, and have yet to receive a response to it.

Hm, I’m just responding to that summary.

Imo, I like the Type system in P&A, as it’s been easier to read, and can work for Layer. I personally have been aiming to elaborate in Notable Attacks/Techniques sections for justifications of all of the abilities in my works.

Tho, I can understand if the concern is since a number of users in the community find it unimportant or too much work for them to fill out NA/T, a lot of profiles with layers can have empty justification or justifications are too large to fit in P&A. There are a lot of profiles on the site that don’t have their NA/T filled out, but their P&A is fat.

An issue that quickly comes to mind when using the NA/T section for this is that, well, layers and smurfness are neither notable attacks or techniques per-say by themselves, and so it feels rather forced and non-intuitive to list such stuff there.
At the very least that should be the standard (more specifically listed so in the Standard Format for Character Profiles or so) if we want to at least keep some consistency for the sake of easing finding such information to begin with.

Last edited:
An issue that quickly comes to mind when using the NA/T section for this is that, well, layers and smurfness are neither notable attacks or techniques per-say by themselves, and so it feels rather forced and non-intuitive to list such stuff there.
At the very least that should be the standard (more specifically listed so in the Standard Format for Character Profiles or so) if we want to at least keep some consistency for the sake of easing finding such information to begin with.
We do have an Explanations (Optional) section, if it does not fit in NA/T. Would you suggest making Explanations less optional, as in, the same tier as NA/T?

I'd suggest to restrict mentions/explanations of hax layers and the like to such section for the sake of making such information consistent to find across profiles that'd need them, yeah, the Explanations section fits way more this stuff than the NA/T one, especially to avoid inconsistent wordings for broad abilities that aren't restricted to a single attack/technique with layers and so on.

We do have an Explanations (Optional) section, if it does not fit in NA/T. Would you suggest making Explanations less optional, as in, the same tier as NA/T?
Sure, that works. Bobsican's reply seems like the best solution to me, and I hope it's close enough to DT's solution for him to accept it.

I don't really see the point in this "hax layering" approach.

Is it just going to lead to scenarios where people say "This character has 5 layers of overcome resistance to mind manipulation", so he is superior to this character from another verse who has "2 layers of resisting mind manipulation"?

Compared verses like that sounds like an awful idea.
That’s basically what happens already, it’s just that the debaters have to argue the layers first

General consensus seems to be that listing what hax are layered/higher-dimensional on individual character profiles is a good idea. The main issue now is how we index that. My suggestion is to put it in the P&A section (eg; Mind Manipulation (5 layers, 1-C; [justification here]). DT's suggestion is to just elaborate on each ability and its layers/smurfiness in the NA/T section. I outlined my personal issues with that solution in the post above, and have yet to receive a response to it.
Hmm. Your idea sounds entirely reasonable, Fuji. Count me in the agree section... If my vote of agreeing counts for anything anymore, considering that this is in the staff discussion of the forum.

Hmm. Your idea sounds entirely reasonable, Fuji. Count me in the agree section... If my vote of agreeing counts for anything anymore, considering that this is in the staff discussion of the forum.
Your vote would still be part of what is representative of what the people here think and you can still present your own arguments and viewpoints.

I have a different perspective to others, that is all.

I'm not trying to be misleading at all in either of my posts there.
Yes, I have a high degree of trust for Damage's overall reliabIlity.
Trust me when I say that the last people's opinion that I care of is randoms on Tiktok.
Yes, especially as Tiktok is basically just an efficient means for the CCP to harvest personal or even dangerous data from all people that use their app, along with further destabilising all comparatively democratic countries as an extra bonus.

However, that is enough derailment regarding that topic. Let's get back on track please.

Anyway, I still think that this seems fine to apply if we do so in the manner that DontTalk suggested above.

Last edited:
Yeah the formatting previously presented should be used, its the cleaness and easiest to implement all around.

Are we going with @ElixirBlue's proposal, which is to use the explanations section when necessary? I still have issues with using the NA/T section, which is something that was never addressed.

Negatively well-known (don't get me wrong, but this is what the majority say on TikTok)
Yeah, I was thinking of that as well but this also makes me think of Twitter negativity which apparently has a tendency of actually helping what is being criticized there.

Are you referring to specific highly popular Tiktok videos?

Are you referring to specific highly popular Tiktok videos?
No, generally everywhere. TikTok, Twitter, Quora, Reddit…etc. Vs Battle is not really positively famous. I am sure it is due to a strict moderation (staff opinion values higher than members) <--- the argument for example I found.

I guess we need a new CRT for wiki improvement and take every critic seriously (if it is serious meant). Furthermore, I am sure a lot of members have complaints about certain things.

Can we please get back on topic lmao

There is no possible way to please everyone when it comes to VS debating. For every prominent verse, you will find people arguing for every possible statistic under the sun, with the same character ranging from street level to outerversal depending on who you ask. From an outside perspective, we are either wankers or downplayers, so there is no way we can please everyone (nor should we). VS debating is highly subjective, so we simply need to do the best we can under the rules we have imposed on ourselves.

Can we please get back on topic lmao

There is no possible way to please everyone when it comes to VS debating. For every prominent verse, you will find people arguing for every possible statistic under the sun, with the same character ranging from street level to outerversal depending on who you ask. From an outside perspective, we are either wankers or downplayers, so there is no way we can please everyone (nor should we). VS debating is highly subjective, so we simply need to do the best we can under the rules we have imposed on ourselves.
Last response to this (and we go back to our main topic, and I am incredibly sorry)

-- > You really did not get my point. What I am trying to say is that the opinion of staff is always highly valued over members. (From an outside perspective)
We can talk about it privately over DM if you want to disagree with this.

Otherwise, let us go back to the main topic.

Yes, especially as Tiktok is basically just an efficient means for the CCP to harvest personal or even dangerous data from all people that use their app, along with further destabilising all comparatively democratic countries as an extra bonus.
welp i guess sentiment against the wiki is invalid because "tiktok bad", yall heard it here folks

For the love of god can we please just decide on how we should index layered/smurf hax.

Anyways, the three options as of now seem to be:

-List them in the P&A section (13; Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, Livinmeme, Dread, Bobsican, Scottycj256, FantaRin_The_First, Kirbonic_Pikmin, Panache_X, DueDate8898 [prefers using explanation section on profiles that have it], TheGreatJedi13, ActuallySpaceMan, Nehz_XZX, AbaddonTheDisappointment [last 4 also fine with explanation section])
-List them in the NA/T section
-List them in the optional explanations section (3; Antvasima, DontTalkDT, Agnaa)
Neutral (2; ElixirBlue, Muchacho_mrm)

I'd like to take a vote on which option is preferable, given that the general consensus is that indexing this information is a good idea.

Last edited:
For the love of god can we please just decide on how we should index layered/smurf hax.

Anyways, the three options as of now seem to be:

-List them in the P&A section (1; Livinmeme)
-List them in the NA/T section
-List them in the optional explanations section.

I'd like to take a vote on which option is preferable, given that the general consensus is that indexing this information is a good idea.
Prefer P&A section. NA/T section is horrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back