• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Request for Indexing Hax Layering/Smurf Hax on Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wording for "Smurf" seems fine to me.

Still, I think references to "hax layering" and "smurf hax" should be removed from that instructional text Fujiwara suggested, leaving it as:

While not strictly required, it is advisable to index the potency of a character's abilities in the optional "Explanations" section when creating or editing a profile. This can include the ability to overpower the resistances of characters who would ordinarily resist certain abilities (not to be confused with Resistance Negation), or whether or not the potency of an ability corresponds to that of a higher reality.
I also changed "higher dimension" to "higher reality", since higher dimensions don't automatically qualify anymore. I'm open to other ways of wording that (i.e. "significantly higher tier", "qualitatively superior reality").

Last edited by a moderator:
Your new wording seems fine to me with the exception that I think "although" is likely more grammatically correct to use than "while" in this case.

I will edit our glossary page then.

I handled it:

I personally think that the following text seems fine to apply, after I made a slight modification to it, in order to fit with that the VSBW character profile page section in question is officially called "Explanations", not "Explanation".

"While not strictly required, it is advisable to index the potency of a character's abilities in the optional "Explanations" section when creating or editing a profile. This can include the ability to overpower the resistances of characters who would ordinarily resist certain abilities (not to be confused with Resistance Negation), or whether or not the potency of an ability corresponds to that of a higher reality."

I personally think that the following text seems fine to apply, after I made a slight modification to it, in order to fit with that the VSBW character profile page section in question is officially called "Explanations", not "Explanation".

"While not strictly required, it is advisable to index the potency of a character's abilities in the optional "Explanations" section when creating or editing a profile. This can include the ability to overpower the resistances of characters who would ordinarily resist certain abilities (not to be confused with Resistance Negation), or whether or not the potency of an ability corresponds to that of a higher reality."
@Agnaa @Damage3245

Would either of you be willing to handle adding it please?

Or should I just add it to the following page section?

I'm not sure where it would be best to place that instruction text.

Well, placing it at the end of the "Explanations" section would keep it in the relevant area at least.

Considering this is more of a detail for a format than a rule per-say, I think it'd be best to be in the Standard Format for Character Profiles, yeah.

Yes, but I was asking about a specific section of that page.

If we're going to add the text to the Explanations section, it should be reworded a bit. Here's my idea:

While not strictly required, it is advisable to index the potency of a character's abilities in this section when creating or editing a profile. This can include the ability to overpower the resistances of characters who would ordinarily resist certain abilities (not to be confused with Resistance Negation), or whether or not the potency of an ability corresponds to that of a higher reality.

Between the two paragraphs currently in that section.

That seems fine to me, except for that I would prefer if you add your text at the end of that section rather than in the middle.

I figured putting it in the middle would be better, since the current last line is saying that the section should have good grammar/sentence structure, which should apply to everything that gets written in it, and I think that's communicated better by keeping that line at the end.

It is part of the main information that always applies though, whereas what we are adding is just a considerably more specific addition that applies for some cases.

I can add the new instruction text and then close this thread if it is fine with the rest of you.

I have added the text:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back