• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Bill's resistances and unjustified abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resistance to Madness Manipulation/Mind Manipulation (One peek into the Nightmare Realm drove Fiddleford briefly insane. Bill lived there for 1 trillion years. Bill called Fiddleford's mind weak despite having the mental protecting metal plate)

Except this is blatantly false. Fiddleford went insane because he saw Bill feeding on his exoskeleton. Bill called his mind weak to make fun of him, there is no mind/madness hax resistance here.

Resistance to Time Manipulation (Implied to have transcended this concept)

Never shown this, and if Bill truly did transcend time he would have immeasurable speed, but it was debunked and it's simply flowery language.

Acausality (Type 4, Stated to rewrite the laws of reality, such as the flow of time and cause and effect)

Literally just law manipulation and causality manipulation. This is not proof of Bill being acausal.

Higher-Dimensional Manipulation

This was supposed to be removed a long time ago when Bill was downgraded from High 1-C.

Seeing him feeding on his exoskeleton doesn't make one have convulsions and start talling about the end of the world coming from a demon of one eye.

Well, he should have immeasurable speed, but that's another thing altogether.

If he has some sort of insanity inducing effect off of something he does regularly, i'd think it still constitutes an existence. Wouldn't say that Cthulhu is vulnerable to random ass madness manip, after all.

That is not a very good profile, but if they watch him do this sort of thing regularly then probably.

@Cal

He is just clearly not a time-transcending entity at all. He is still bound by time and its progression in addition to never displaying that time control he claims to have.

Wokistan said:
Why not? If I start a fire I can still burn myself. Him being able to handle that sort of thing due to his alien mind or whatever should reasonably mean he can handle similar effects.
I was thinking more like "a time stopper resists time stop."

I'm personally okay with that. Idk how the site as a whole feels about it though.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Cal
He is just clearly not a time-transcending entity at all. He is still bound by time and its progression in addition to never displaying that time control he claims to have.
Uh, can I make a compariso here?

He should probably have resistance to Madness Manipulation stay, but that's not resistance to Mind Manipulation so that should go. And transcending the concept of time would be type 5 acasuality, so unless you advocate for that that goes as well. Not to mention the proof for that is pretty horrible, to say the least.

@Assalt & Saikou I'm aware of everything in both profiles, when Monika says that time doesn't go anymore she stays there for like, half an hour. Bill was there for days, and it wasn't just something he claimed, we actually saw a clock and birds slowing down until stopping as he says that time is dead, anyone moving there after that in nothing but PIS. And even then, pretty much the same happens when he's first shown in the show. Monika doesn't have that context, nor she claims to be above time.

Edit: She also doesn't have a MFTL+ feat, unlike Bill that we have as freaking Unknown in speed.

The first time he appeared, it was shown to be in a dream, you see everyone wake up afterwards, and for later, the fact that everyone was still moving aside from just a clock and some birds kinda proves it wasn't really time stop.

Time spent in stopped time doesn't matter towards feats unless you're inherently from stopped time.

Also you definitively can not pull a "people moving in stopped time is PIS but Bill doing it is a feat".

Aaand being MFTL+ doesn't matter at all towards anything remotely close to infinite speed.

It's not a time stop, time is dead.

Yes, as other things and beings could not move, if this weren't PIS then one could explain why others could move, which no one can.

The MFTL+ feat part was more for context and to complain of how he's Unknown when having a qualifiable feat.

Semantics.

Point is, if people moving there is PIS, Bill moving there is also PIS. You can't cherry pick which ones are "legit" just to get higher stats.

He knew time was going to die, he even says that before it happened, does that not ring any bell?

I have nothing more to say than "I disagree", so I'm going to stop arguing here.

The only thing that stopped was a group of birds. Everything else, from newly-animated brings to pre-existing occupants, kept moving.

Bill may have "killed" time and made it act screwy and freeze random beings, but it clearly is still a thing.

What Wright said. Only some stuff stopped moving. So either that dead time thing isn't consistent on the world (therefore no reasons to assume Bill has any special resistance to it), Bill can selectively choose what is stopped and what isn't (therefore no reasons to assume he just didn't stop himself) or it's PIS.

Eficiente said:
@Assalt & Saikou I'm aware of everything in both profiles, when Monika says that time doesn't go anymore she stays there for like, half an hour. Bill was there for days, and it wasn't just something he claimed, we actually saw a clock and birds slowing down until stopping as he says that time is dead, anyone moving there after that in nothing but PIS. And even then, pretty much the same happens when he's first shown in the show. Monika doesn't have that context, nor she claims to be above time.

Edit: She also doesn't have a MFTL+ feat, unlike Bill that we have as freaking Unknown in speed.
That's literally just time stop.

Eficiente said:
I would as it takes time for his madness hax to work
Actually Cthulhu turned someone's hair white and made them start muttering gibberish within the span of a glance so

What took time was them proceeding to die from said glance

Ogbunabali said:
He should probably have resistance to Madness Manipulation stay, but that's not resistance to Mind Manipulation so that should go. And transcending the concept of time would be type 5 acasuality, so unless you advocate for that that goes as well. Not to mention the proof for that is pretty horrible, to say the least.
Trascending time grants you type 4 acausaloty, not type 5, here. You need a bit more proof to have that.

Pretty sure transcending time is type 5. But either way that comment is not sufficient justification for either.

I pointed it out on another thread that Bill "not being oppressed by the tyranny of time" is likely just referring to himself being immortal, so he doesn't have to worry about aging, ergo not having to worry about his time being up. Bill has absolutely no feats or reliable statements of being a time transcending entity.

And again his resistance to Mind Manipulation should go as well. Only his resistance to Madness should stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back