• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher Acausality Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeCCLL

He/Him
Re-Justification of
"Acausality Type 4"

Quote from Bill's profile

Acausality Type 4 justification in Bill's profile isn't valid for Acausality Type 4 standards. Situations in which expressions such as being independent from the laws, being saved of the laws, and being free of laws are valid for Acausality Type 4 are related to the force that the verse associates the laws with.

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Nightmare Realm is a lawless dimension but lack of consistent physics doesn't mean it has irregular causality by default. Lawless, irregular functioning of laws only directly refer to the laws of physics. There isn't proof that laws control forces such as time, cause-effect relationships, or fate. (In summary, forces related to causality.)

Last edited:
Disagree. The scans say that the Nightmare Realm lacks laws, not just physics, meaning it'd include also laws such as causality.

And fun fact, the Nightmare Realm is straight up said to lack causality, given that Bill himself said that causality is a gross concept/rule, and he planned to make existence without restrictions and laws, as you can see in the AP section:

Bill's goal being also planning to use it to make existence without restrictions, laws,[5] cause and effect,[11] making it like the Nightmare Realm, the lawless space between all the dimensions[4]

Plus the Nightmare Realm is implied to lack time, given that Bill said that he's not under its tyranny unlike humans, which would also mean it lacks causality given it and time are interconnected, reason why characters like Monika have it.

I'm up to reword the justification though.

Disagree. The scans say that the Nightmare Realm lacks laws, not just physics, meaning it'd include also laws such as causality.

And fun fact, the Nightmare Realm is straight up said to lack causality, given that Bill himself said that causality is a gross concept/rule, and he planned to make existence without restrictions and laws, as you can see in the AP section:

Bill's goal being also planning to use it to make existence without restrictions, laws,[5] cause and effect,[11] making it like the Nightmare Realm, the lawless space between all the dimensions[4]

Plus the Nightmare Realm is implied to lack time, given that Bill said that he's not under its tyranny unlike humans, which would also mean it lacks causality given it and time are interconnected, reason why characters like Monika have it.

I'm up to reword the justification though.
Actually, already my propose was to remove the part about the laws of physics and rewording the justification. As someone who read the series and the books, I knew there were better wording.

In addition, in the justification of Type 1 Acausality, it should be noted that Bill has Type 1 Acausality for reasons such as being aware of the time loop he is in.

Okey, then let me know here after you rewording the justification.

In addition, in the justification of Type 1 Acausality, it should be noted that Bill has Type 1 Acausality for reasons such as being aware of the time loop he is in.
There's already there tho.
Okey, then let me know here after you rewording the justification.
Acausality (Types 1 and 4. It was revealed after the events of Gravity Falls that Bill is trapped in a cosmic punishment where he's forced to relive the events of the series again and again. Bill lived in and made Nightmare Realm his new home,[4] which is not only described as a place that lacks laws[4] such as physics[4] or causality[11], but also implied to be outside time[3] due to it being a dimension between dimensions, each being a different space-time that follows its own rules[4])

Okey this is much better.
Once the new justification is applied to Bill's profile I will request that this thread be closed.

There should be no problem with new reword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back