• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher Precognition Buff

Plus I have been strawmanned to hell and back. All the thread is saying is about Bill be able to use precognition on Type 4 Acasuals, and that's it. Wht the **** are y'all overthinking over such a simple thing?

Almost any Acasual 4 is either like Bill or has a worse version of his acausality lmfao. Now you're just overthinking.
Yeah? But some don't, or have fundamentally different reasons and mechanics behind it, again most = all.
And sure maybe I'm not trusting dudes enough to use common sense to when it's fine and isn't, but then you went and octupled down on it working no matter what as long as it's type 4 regardless of mechanics, and you're going to use it matches even in spite of that so....

Nah man ya kinda proved me being a tad anal about this to be justified 🗿

What are some of the main arguments here from either side?

Tldr is Bill being capable of using precognition on Type 4 acausals as he can use it on other versions of himself, but @Chariot190 argues that it can't affect any Type 4, and only the ones similar to him.

The problem though it's that in vs threads we treat Acausality 4 in layers, and that generally hax that works on Type 4 acausals should work on all of them unless they have it layered, from what I've understood in vs threads.

Just list it, but don't wank it, be clear about how it works, what it worked on, and detail it properly without extrapolating it.

Nobody says he can't have it.

Precognition is good; but I don't know the verse enough to make a judgement it effecting Type 4 Acausality (Thus put me as neutral for now but wait for more staff). Though it would be called "Cosmic Awareness" that specifies the ability to see nonexistent future if that is.

Precognition is good; but I don't know the verse enough to make a judgement it effecting Type 4 Acausality (Thus put me as neutral for now but wait for more staff). Though it would be called "Cosmic Awareness" that specifies the ability to see nonexistent future if that is.
It is already on profile though.

Him affecting Aca 4 is already on the profile

From what I've seen so far, in such case we do not assume that the characters affect themselves with the abilities they have. I have a similar character, he has acausality type 4 because he is independent of the laws that govern causality and fate, but despite this, he can change his own fate through fate manipulation. I don't think this will provide his or Bill with layered fate manipulation or something. Writers generally ignore this.

For this reason, I disagree for now, but if the staff or anyone else comes up with a well-founded explanation that this is not the case, my opinion may change.

From what I've seen so far, in such case we do not assume that the characters affect themselves with the abilities they have. I have a similar character, he has acausality type 4 because he is independent of the laws that govern causality and fate, but despite this, he can change his own fate through fate manipulation. I don't think this will provide his or Bill with layered fate manipulation or something. Writers generally ignore this.
This isn't Bill affecting himself, is Bill seeing other versions of himself. Kinda different.

It's not "Acausality Negation", it's just Precognition that works on Type 4 Acasuals.

You're now overcomplicating things.
Yeah but I think wiki lists it as Acasuality Negation, I mean I did the same for Xavier

see i told you that if given free reign dudes would wank and extrapolate it

see i told you that if given free reign dudes would wank and extrapolate it
I dont wank it, I just write it like that because it looks better worded imo

I also sow some other profiles do it

Dk would it be better if we noted "This ability can affect Acasual beings"

yeah except that's literally NOT what it is and leads directly into the vs match bullshit where due to how it's worded it can be wanked to hell and back and leads to hose "well nuh uh make a crt if ya dont like it" scenarios all because it's listed in a way that people can take and exploit.

Type 4 Acausality is not a resistance, it's just a state of being. It's like saying that NEP characters have resistances because they're immune to stuff due to lacking those, but that's not how it works.

Fair
Everyone seemed to agree now, can you call some people/give your opinion

Back