• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove calculations that have not yet been accepted in TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than bandaging the surface issues, maybe look at the root. Ya can remove dozens of shit calcs from the page, if you dont fix the root issue you will just have dozen more shit calcs added later. Maybe just point at the reason why Calc Members outrights refute to work with TR supporters.

This is simply being self-centered. When multiple calculation members are pointing out the flaws, you simply either:
  • You agree with their factual points (unless they are being blatant false)
  • Or you counter-address it by simply sending the guidelines that are written in this site, or well confirmed trusted sources.
You can't say “CGM” is just wrong and argue further. They are all following the basic math and the guidelines.
Well the thing is most calcs are declined because of "calc stacking" (even though the characters in the same chapter were moving FTE) and assumptions made by CGM'S like lowballing the feat and saying this is a distance of 2 cm even though after analysing we found it to be 8 mm

Just because there a CGM doesn't mean there always right, especially when they don't know the context of the scene, for example the Izana gun calc was "debunked" even though they used a image from multiple chapters after the feat

We argue there wrong when we have the basis too, for example when a CGM told me to change my formula for a feat I listened and didn't argue because I knew I was wrong
Rather than bandaging the surface issues, maybe look at the root. Ya can remove dozens of shit calcs from the page, if you dont fix the root issue you will just have dozen more shit calcs added later. Maybe just point at the reason why Calc Members outrights refute to work with TR supporters.
You say shit yet none of them have been debunked yet and we are close to reaching a conclusion on lowering the speeds on some of them

There input is on a completely different calc WHAT are you talking about
The topic we're discussing is the state if the verse and its calcs in general of course it's a completely different calc that's what an example is

I don't have to use the unevaluted calcs at the top to show CGMs ain't going for the bs we deal with in TR

Well the thing is most calcs are declined because of "calc stacking" (even though the characters in the same chapter were moving FTE) and assumptions made by CGM'S like lowballing the feat and saying this is a distance of 2 cm even though after analysing we found it to be 8 mm
Calculation stacking is actually a good reason to decline.
Just because there a CGM doesn't mean there always right, especially when they don't know the context of the scene, for example the Izana gun calc was "debunked" even though they used a image from multiple chapters after the feat
It is either get accepted or declined.

Calculation stacking is actually a good reason to decline.

It is either get accepted or declined.
I know it is but when we tell them that the character in the scene literally moved FTE not even 1 chapter ago/ one minute ago it isn't difficult to realise there wrong

Anyway, I will do all calculations and @Dalesean027 will help me by simply pointing out the flaws and I will fix them. I won't argue with anyone since this is not even evaluating an ability, but simply math.

I know it is but when we tell them that the character in the scene literally moved FTE not even 1 chapter ago/ one minute ago it isn't difficult to realise there wrong
This is still calculation stacking. I will not argue with you any further, in matter of fact, I am not even defending these calculations, but rather deleting the verse based on those.

Anyway, I will do all calculations and @Dalesean027 will help me by simply pointing out the flaws and I will fix them. I won't argue with anyone since this is not even evaluating an ability, but simply math.
I'd probably review those other threads first if I were you, that's what im doing rn but for this verse I certainly won't have time in spades so if you do do any just post them on my wall

This is still calculation stacking. I will not argue with you any further, in matter of fact, I am not even defending these calculations, but rather deleting the verse based on those.
I don't think you can delete the verse without making a MASSIVE crt

anyway it is not calc stacking since the character is still in the form that there able to move FTE and moved FTE not even a minute ago

The problem with recent calcs is mainly the usage of baseline subsonic speeds.

I've said this recently but I'll say it again, I think there should be a HUGE discussion among staff members about the usage of baseline subsonic speeds. The problem is, some mods are fine with it, while others aren't, the best way to resolve this is if there's a discussion among them.

If it pass through, the site would need a wide revision for pretty much every verses. Not just TR.

Well, you also do need to have a solid understanding of the verse but whatever ig
Buddy to just look at a feat and calculate it all you need is a one sentence description and link to the feat which is something all blogs have so she'll be fine

I'd probably review those other threads first if I were you, that's what im doing rn but for this verse I certainly won't have time in spades so if you do do any just post them on my wall
Sure, no issues! I just mentioned you since I trust your expertise and evaluation skills based on these, and will explain the flaws accordingly.

The problem with recent calcs is mainly the usage of baseline subsonic speeds.

I've said this recently but I'll say it again, I think there should be a HUGE discussion among staff members about the usage of baseline subsonic speeds. The problem is, some mods are fine with it, while others aren't, the best way to resolve this is if there's a discussion among them.

If it pass through, the site would need a wide revision for pretty much every verses. Not just TR.
And i think this should be done first before making changes regarding TR.

And i think this should be done first before making changes regarding TR.
Honestly no site wide changes are needed just more scrutiny when dealing with the verse. That's why its better to get the opinions of 2 cgms on feats at time because we're literally different people and have different opinions on shit its not so crazy of a big deal in these cases just ask for a second opinion any CGM would respect the others opinion anyways and come up with the best solution no big revisions site wide are needed for this verse honestly

Honestly no site wide changes are needed just more scrutiny when dealing with the verse. That's why its better to get the opinions of 2 cgms on feats at time because we're literally different people and have different opinions on shit its not so crazy of a big deal in these cases just ask for a second opinion any CGM would respect the others opinion anyways and come up with the best solution no big revisions site wide are needed for this verse honestly
I'm referring to the discussion regarding the use of baseline subsonic speeds, not making site wide revision. I think the consensus of staff members matters more

I'm referring to the discussion regarding the use of baseline subsonic speeds, not making site wide revision. I think the consensus of staff members matters more
Yeah and that's still case by case so in calcs like that just seek the opinion of a second CGM or make a thread about the feat in question to solve the issue

Yeah and that's still case by case so in calcs like that just seek the opinion of a second CGM or make a thread about the feat in question to solve the issue
Can't we just do that in a blog? If it's in a thread there are always randoms who came into the thread just to ruin things. The recent thread is an example, the discussion went from calc stacking to ******** about TR calcs to ******** about TR suporters to talking about completely unrelated feats to the thread to making fun of things to Ayanokoji vs Mikey to what's more accurate between anime and manga.

Things are more simple and better in a blog in my opinion, the threads always turn into a mess.

They are referring to the fact that actions taken by TR characters are measured using human standards as do most feats. The refusal to do that and insted use standards derived from calcs was what led partly to calc stacking. At least that's what I was able to get from the threads i read. If you didn't need the clarification then excuse me for pointing it out.

I'm just gonna lay out what needs to happen:

Obviously, the calcs that aren't accepted yet need to be deleted from the verse page. Any calcs that are wrong need to be adjusted. I don't know who's willing to actually look at this, though, because TR on this site has devolved into inflating calcs and dismissing anyone who calls it out as a hater of the verse. This really shouldn't be controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back