• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of the Naruto Retsuden laser justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong ?
I explained in your blog.

Your height of SPSM doesn't reach the base of Naruto's hair spikes. That and your calculated distance of Naruto's movement is too low because his head isn't fully visible in the second scan.

so i deeply apologize for this but someone wanted me to ask for them.

"Why is light fang accepted as light speed when all the databook says for it is that it is a Beam of Light, not light itself"

so i deeply apologize for this but someone wanted me to ask for them.

"Why is light fang accepted as light speed when all the databook says for it is that it is a Beam of Light, not light itself"
The fact that the databook addresses it as a beam of light and then goes onto confirm that it moves at lightspeed, followed up by claiming it is "impossible to evade" all points towards it being a valid lightspeed statement, as with Haku's Demonic Mirroring Eyes Crystals.

So, now we just need to decide which calculation to use, right? Will create a thread for the calc group?

The fact that the databook addresses it as a beam of light and then goes onto confirm that it moves at lightspeed, followed up by claiming it is "impossible to evade" all points towards it being a valid lightspeed statement, as with Haku's Demonic Mirroring Eyes Crystals.
Pretty sure ShiroyashaGinSan said that the "Impossible to evade" translation was wrong, and that the correct translation is "Impossible to Block/protect against".

I believe that now I have fixed all the problems that were with my calculation.
I used the anime scan and used Nard's headband, and I get the staff to be closer to Nard. Using the manga scan where I can just use Maddie, I also get the staff to be much closer to Nard. I'd go with the manga scan to figure out the distance between Nard and Maddie, but in the end this part is subjective since the values will be quite close to each other.

The distance moved is still a lowball since, well, Naruto's head isn't fully visible. However, visuals alone tell us that he moved his head well below his chest as he was bending (To be precise he goes well beyond the circle thing on his shoulder). So...

Last edited:
Awwwwww come on not you too, now come back
IMG_20201203_234101.png

Who's #2 and #1?
Yovando will keep being number 1 as long as he doesn't finish the favor I asked him since September, and then supermemrk.

I used the anime scan and used Nard's headband, and I get the staff to be closer to Nard. Using the manga scan where I can just use Maddie, I also get the staff to be much closer to Nard. I'd go with the manga scan to figure out the distance between Nard and Maddie, but in the end this part is subjective since the values will be quite close to each other.

The distance moved is still a lowball since, well, Naruto's head isn't fully visible. However, visuals alone tell us that he moved his head well below his chest as he was bending (To be precise he goes well beyond the circle thing on his shoulder). So...
I'm using the distance that the M3X found in pixels, so ...

I fail to see how the Light Fang argument still persists into this day when it should've been common knowledge for people to understand that the Light Fang moves at the Speed of Light. It's been described as such in not only the translations, but the original source. In the scene, four things can be made clear about Madara using Light Fang:

Madara and Naruto were directly facing one-another, and the Six Paths Bo was directly in front of Naruto, making it in front of Madara as well, and Madara only turned his head to the right. The beam's initial path also went right through the Bo before Madara turned his head, so it should be quite glaringly obvious that Naruto dodged the beam, and thus should be either SoL or FTL.

I fail to see how the Light Fang argument still persists into this day when it should've been common knowledge for people to understand that the Light Fang moves at the Speed of Light. It's been described as such in not only the translations, but the original source. In the scene, four things can be made clear about Madara using Light Fang:

Madara and Naruto were directly facing one-another, and the Six Paths Bo was directly in front of Naruto, making it in front of Madara as well, and Madara only turned his head to the right. The beam's initial path also went right through the Bo before Madara turned his head, so it should be quite glaringly obvious that Naruto dodged the beam, and thus should be either SoL or FTL.
Bruh, we already concluded Light Fang to be Speed of Light years ago, that's not really the topic of contention anymore.

And yes, in the anime, Naruto reacts to the beam after it has been fired.

Still confused on how people pulled out random values for the Retsuden feat as if there was a calc for it

Still confused on how people pulled out random values for the Retsuden feat as if there was a calc for it
What would be the normal value of blocking a LS attack in novels? (I’m guessing just normal Rel)

I am assuming novels and LN have ton of these feats that people use for scaling.

What would be the normal value of blocking a LS attack in novels? (I’m guessing just normal Rel)

I am assuming novels and LN have ton of these feats that people use for scaling.
You can react/dodge/block light and be MHS+

It depends on a distance which is unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back