• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of the Naruto Retsuden laser justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ****.

Yeah, the downgrade seems fine and the usage of Light Fang seems great. I really have no idea why we didn't use it in the first place when the anime just expanded upon the Light Fang dodging in the manga and being mostly similar to the feat in the manga itself. It'd be no different for using the Bleach anime to get more context on that running feat that happened in the manga but couldn't be calc'd due to lacking context.

And in case you're asking, in the anime, no, Naruto doesn't dodge the headswing, Naruto starts to move his head long after Madara already spit out the Light Fang, we can see Naruto moving his head a tiny bit after the Beam hits Naruto's staff. I went frame by frame for the feat. So Qaws is definitely right on this matter that it is not aim-dodging.

Last edited:
I think if it is accepted, and if the anime version can be used, it will be recalculated, maybe it will give a better result.

I think if it is accepted, and if the anime version can be used, it will be recalculated, maybe it will give a better result.
Yeah i think anime version need to used for Another backup, if What happened in the manga not clear enough

Which Naruto or Boruto anime version? You already know Narutoo anime are non canon.
Yes but we can use anime feats if they match the manga version or if they give greater context to the feat, and we do this for a lot of manga series as well (As long as the anime feat stays true to the manga and/or also adds more details). Part of the reason why we are waiting for Bleach's final Thousand Year War arc to make the running speed calc.

The Light Fang feat in the anime adds even more context to the manga feat, the manga feat only shows us Naruto post-dodge, while the anime also adds the part where Naruto is seen to move a tiny bit right after the beam hits his staff.

Yes but we can use anime feats if they match the manga version or if they give greater context to the feat, and we do this for a lot of manga series as well (As long as the anime feat stays true to the manga and/or also adds more details). Part of the reason why we are waiting for Bleach's final Thousand Year War arc to make the running speed calc.

The Light Fang feat in the anime adds even more context to the manga feat, the manga feat only shows us Naruto post-dodge, while the anime also adds the part where Naruto is seen to move a tiny bit right after the beam hits his staff.
Oh I see.

FTL reactions only, though for myself I think the tiering should only be Relativistic (Coming from the LS teleportation) with Relativistic+ combat speed and reactions (Insert Light Fang)
But if someone From God Tier Could Blitz Naruto then they Should be scaled Above Naruto Reaction Speed, no?

But if someone From God Tier Could Blitz Naruto then they Should be scaled Above Naruto Reaction Speed, no?
Assuming they move way faster than Naruto can react to or even perceive, yeah, their movement speed would then get updated to At least Relativistic+.

The reasons against using light fang were bad,

Outlier: How can it be an outlier when it was done be God tiers and Pain all the way back was MHS+ we also had the Guy feat, now it certainly cant be due to Madara's feat against the 5 Kage.

Hyperbole: It is very clearly not hyperbole. On top of it being created from senjutsu it is meant to be natural.

"Cant be evaded": One of the worst uses of logic I have seen on this site.

Sorry but being against Light Fang is massive bias or downplay for literally no reason.

Also we certainly shouldnt ignore all the retsuden feats. As there are a few more as pointed out.

I thought that the main argument against the Light Fang was the movement of Naruto in relation to what appeared to be the path of the beam in the manga panel, like this?

Granted though, if the majority of people are in favor of using the Relativistic+ calc for Naruto for this feat, then I think it'll be fine.

I thought that the main argument against the Light Fang was the movement of Naruto in relation to what appeared to be the path of the beam in the manga panel, like this?

Granted though, if the majority of people are in favor of using the Relativistic+ calc for Naruto for this feat, then I think it'll be fine.
That was one other reason which I decided not to add because of how it is even worse than any of the other ideas because for the millionth time we have the anime. Literally no other verse would have had problem with using the anime as a substitute in that situation but Naruto for some reason. This idea only came up when people essentially became desperate after all the others were debunked.

And they missed the entire point of M3X's calc that it used the anime as well where Naruto definitely does not dodge the headswing but starts to move after the beam hits his staff (Naruto only moves it a tiny bit but it's noticeable if you go frame-by-frame for the feat), and it was agreed that the anime added more context to the manga feat while remaining mostly the same afterwards even for the headswing duck.

And yeah, he'll remain Relativistic+.

though what should be noted is that the lightfang feat was done in Six Paths Form. so many of his weaker forms would have to be revised.
I'm assuming you're referring to BSM from The Last? Since that's the only weaker form that remotely scales to his Six Paths form. Well, it actually scales to the Retsuden feat now that I think about it, so we need to revise its speed anyway.

Last edited:
Are BSM Naruto War arc Gived Same speed rating as BSM Naruto from The Last?
Not currently. At the moment, The Last Naruto scales above base Naruto's Relativistic feat from the Retsuden novel, but since it's been removed, we'll have to scale him directly to his War Arc self instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back