• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of the Naruto Retsuden laser justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, great, Alex speaks spanish.

Incluso siendo dominado por estornudos que no se detuvieron, Orochimaru reaccion ó rápidamente y saltó al lado derecho. Aunque se las arregló para desviarse
fácilmente del rayo láser, había un zángano en la dirección que se desvió y la hélice le cortó el hombro. No debe haber sido un daño significativo, pero la mirada de Orochimaru mos tró el sentimiento de humillación.

This literally means what the scan @Cyberblader90 posted says.

This literally means what the scan @Cyberblader90 posted says.
What about the part the scan didn't include? Was there any indication that the drone was charging up before it fired or that Orochimaru was preparing for the attack.

Charging? No. The drone only make a sound when it's about to fire the attack, but it doesn't say Orochimaru knew it, or that he dodged before the beam was fired.

unknown.png

what about this from the novel
"Although he was able to easily deflect the laser's beam"

Orochimaru easily deflecting LS? Interesting

As for the beam.... literally called photons a lot of times during chapter 3 and 4. IIRC it's stated to not be able to bend, generates heat, and this heat makes things to explode. Comes from technology... do we need more?

As for the rating Orochimaru should scale... I'd say Sub-Relativistic. We don't have much context about the feat itself, so we can't really assume anything like Relativistic or Relativistic+. Generally, some feats with Lightspeed attacks ends up being at least Sub-Relativistic, unless it's like, Kizaru kicking some people and they being able to move their eyes, wich ended being MHS+, high end.

Sub-Relativistic might be good I think.

I haven't read the entire of the novel, but i'm leaning towards disagreeing from the things i've seen.

OP argues Naruto = human levels based off statements and hypothesis, when feats say otherwise. Naruto literally destroys a meteor can anyone show me regular civilians doing this?

7836845-b2c54248-8453-4653-b2da-9f375ad19e65.jpeg

The 7th hokage was suffering from a serious illness, one that had weakened his combat power levels to that of the general public... according to prior gossip.
I mean come on, OP's literally using civilian gossip to justify his claims.

main-qimg-e258098c4ae0717ea37da1de84b87502

Naruto dodged the laser here straight up, there is no windup speed he reacts to.

OP argues Naruto = human levels based off statements and hypothesis, when feats say otherwise. Naruto literally destroys a meteor can anyone show me regular civilians doing this?
That's after Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura damage the satellite containing particles that was nerfing Naruto for the entire novel. Right after he used a Rasengan to demolish some debris and he's back to his previous power levels.
Naruto dodged the laser here straight up, there is no windup speed he reacts to.
You left out the previous passage which says this
Gazing steadily, he could make out its tip flashing red.

―― The photon gun seized from Yanaru emits a high-powered ray, the tip of the gun flashing red before
firing...... This was a sentence from the report of the attempted assassination of Naruto from the Land
of Stairs.

Shit, he followed that thought.
He knew it was firing and what it was. He also dodges it by tilting a motorcycle that he was using because he could no longer run that fast.

EDIT: Oh I guess he just never dodged it and it just missed.

The portuguese version is translated directly from the japanese raws, kanji by kanji. I don't have the raws, but I don't think we need them.

The portuguese version is translated directly from the japanese raws, kanji by kanji. I don't have the raws, but I don't think we need them.
I found a complete Spanish version if you need it for anything.

That's after Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura damage the satellite containing particles that was nerfing Naruto for the entire novel. Right after he used a Rasengan to demolish some debris and he's back to his previous power levels.
So Naruto despite being civilian level can still damage the meteor and do rasengans?
You left out the previous passage which says this
I can't leave out anything if I didn't know about it.
I haven't read the entire of the novel, but i'm leaning towards disagreeing from the things i've seen.

Portuguese: Even though he was dominated by sneezing that didn’t stop, orochimaru reacted quickly and jumped to the right side, despite having managed to react easily to the laser beam, there was a drone in the direction he dodged and the propeller cut his shoulder, it shouldn’t have been a significant damage, but orochimaru's look showed the feeling of humiliation

So Naruto despite being civilian level can still damage the meteor
It was a satellite that was dumping the particles that was weakening Naruto. Sasuke had damaged it with his sword which started to destroy the stuff that were messing with Naruto and afterwards it was finally destroyed which completely fixed Naruto.

rasengans?
That's.... after the satellite was destroyed. So its a completely normal Naruto like I said.

In addition to the feats mentioned here, Naruto has a third feat in this novel, during chapter 3, an enemy takes advantage of Naruto's distraction and shoots him with a gun who can fired photon beams, and he did it without any difficulty (The words "without difficulty" aren't hyperbole on my part, this is really mentioned in the Portuguese translation).

In addition to the feats mentioned here, Naruto has a third feat in this novel, during chapter 3, an enemy takes advantage of Naruto's distraction and shoots him with a gun who can fired photon beams, and he did it without any difficulty (The words "without difficulty" aren't hyperbole on my part, this is really mentioned in the Portuguese translation).
was he still depowered at this point?

As for the rating Orochimaru should scale... I'd say Sub-Relativistic. We don't have much context about the feat itself, so we can't really assume anything like Relativistic or Relativistic+. Generally, some feats with Lightspeed attacks ends up being at least Sub-Relativistic, unless it's like, Kizaru kicking some people and they being able to move their eyes, wich ended being MHS+, high end.

Sub-Relativistic might be good I think.

Okay so
  • New Era Orochimaru gets a Sub-Rel rating for the block
  • We drop the Naruto laser stuff
  • God Tiers scale to M3X's calc
Everyone mostly good with that
Yeah, but we should probably wait for Damage's input. I'm sure he has a thing or two to say about all of this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back