• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of a Bleach Discussion Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the rule was made to specifiy that the evidence brought forth in the past wasn't enough to assume the scans ment universal in context at certain points in the story, not that they didn't mean universal as a general "fact". Honestly, if no one is using those past arguments to do a buff, I don't see an issue with the rule's removal. Pretty sure everyone on the Bleach scene knows not to try again until they find something new, unless there have been threads I've not been aware of where someone keeps trying?

I thought the rule was made to specifiy that the evidence brought forth in the past wasn't enough to assume the scans ment universal in context at certain points in the story, not that they didn't mean universal as a general "fact". Honestly, if no one is using those past arguments to do a buff, I don't see an issue with the rule's removal. Pretty sure everyone on the Bleach scene knows not to try again until they find something new, unless there have been threads I've not been aware of where someone keeps trying?
The rule as written is predicated on asserting that because the realms are contextually planets, no one should try to upgrade them. Which the assertion that the rule bases itself on has been proven false as per the OP. Hence why I want it removed.

But I agree with the notion that people are smart enough nowadays to not spam the same exact version of old threads on the topic. And no one has made any threads since the rule.

This piece of info hardly changes anything. This is not the sole reason, as there were multiple points in support for the decision of treating them as planets, many of them being directly referring to them as planets. And this piece of info is inconsequential because the interpretation is incorrect. Surely we have discussed it earlier. The comparison is not literal because garganta is not outer space. It also does not mean that those are not planets.

Hard disagree here. We are just back to discussing the same thing without any new groundbreaking info. This particular statement is neither enough to prove anything nor enough to disprove anything.

This piece of info hardly changes anything. This is not the sole reason, as there were multiple points in support for the decision of treating them as planets, many of them being directly referring to them as planets. And this piece of info is inconsequential because the interpretation is incorrect. Surely we have discussed it earlier. The comparison is not literal because garganta is not outer space. It also does not mean that those are not planets.

Hard disagree here. We are just back to discussing the same thing without any new groundbreaking info. This particular statement is neither enough to prove anything nor enough to disprove anything.
Mind linking the thread that has been discussed earlier with the same shreds of evidence that OP has presented?

I quite literally explain how the realms cannot be planets. You asserting they are does not refute this whatsoever. The narrator’s objective description > your subjective interpretation.

I mean I don't care if the rule is removed, but I can only give a crap about this same song and dance so many times

Like are we really gonna get another goddamn CRT that goes over how Yhwach and the Soul King are actually 3-A to Low 2-C again? Cause I will not participate in that same exact debate again...

I mean I don't care if the rule is removed, but I can only give a crap about this same song and dance so many times

Like are we really gonna get another goddamn CRT that goes over how Yhwach and the Soul King are actually 3-A to Low 2-C again? Cause I will not participate in that same exact debate again...
You don’t need to participate in the the debate even if it is created. The fact that a false rule will be created in other to stop debate is absolutely disingenuous and bad. If there is a good reason to keep the rule yes but not because you can’t allow yhwach be 3A and low 2-c then you lie.

I mean sure, get rid of the rule, but you're just gonna have the same exact debate and if it's not settled, another rule will be put in place....

Like this is one of the biggest back and forths in the site's history and the statement in the OP can be interpreted 2 entirely separate, but subjective ways

I mean, sure, get rid of the rule, but you're just going to have the same debate and if it's not settled, another rule will be put in place...
Honestly, suppose the existence of this discussion rule was the consequence of not creating such a debate or upgrade. In that case, there will be an antithetical debate or upgrade if the rule gets removed and is not the same as you are referring to. Did you understand the point of getting rid of the rule?-

The garganta is compared to outer space.
The dangai is compared to a pipeline.
The Valley of screams dimensions are compared to bubbles.
Wol and ss are compared to planets.

Now obviously the worlds aren't what they are compared to so why assume the wol and ss comparison to planets is literally. And the other 3 comparisons arent.

A few words from our favorite banned kid Arcker (quoted is what he is responding too):

The issue being when Yhwach said he was going to destroy them, it wasn't said that he would destroy the realms themselves with his attack when it was shown that his power was only targetting the planet around him.

This is just ridiculous. If you read Bleach, then you’d know Yhwach’s goal is to end the cycle of death and rebirth in the Bleach cosmology. And the end feat, Yhwach was going to preform this task by destroying and merging the realms into one, giving everyone immortality by effectively erasing the concept of death.

Knowing this, it’s quite clear to see why this is nonsense

1: The cycle of death and rebirth focuses on all the realms, not just the planets, that’s the entire point of the cosmology so it makes no sense for him to be targeting only the planets in that feat. He’d have to be targeting the realms themselves at that point to accomplish his goal

2. Even outside the planets death exists, as shown with the Galaxy room, Kenny would’ve died if not for breaking out of the BFR to space, so death applies outside of the planet, further proving my point that death applies not only to the planets, but realms themselves, which disproves you. Aura even died in Garganta.

Arc already provided another reason this argument is just….. bad. This is just a more in depth thing.

Anyway, it’s as you yourself told us Damage: “not having every single thing spelled out in explicit detail via statements does not mean that every alternative is baseless headcanon.”

Well, it’s not stated here, but basic reasoning tells us this interpretation is absurd. You have to lack the ability to understand the basic subtext behind Bleach to make this argument.

I will be fine if the rule is ammended to remove that line in particular if that bit of "false information" is the only actual point of contention.

You’re misinterpreting the CRT’s argument. The problem is that the statement ins not only interpreted false in the rule, the problem is the proper statement disproves the rule.

Saying “if they could be likened to planets” directly implies they aren’t planets, and have to be loosely analogised to them

I agree and this doesnt mean Yhwach will get upgraded, it is just to make clear the universe is actually a universe.

well arc likes to keep his crt open for long , if not I think this is already fine as majority of the mods as agreed to it.

Last edited:
Aight it’s been 2 days and no new argumentation has been made. With 5 staff agreements vs 2 staff disagreements I will apply the changes and let y’all know when this can be closed.

Edit: I need the page unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back