• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Antvasima I don't have much to say. I checked the feat and honestly, it was building up to be just an illusion/made up. It was only until I read that the Japanese scan said something completely different. When people also have mention something called "translators", I decided to look it up and use them myself. While I don't know anything about Japanese or the accuracy of it, the only word that implied is "fake" or "non-existent" in the description, according to the site provided by Hagane, is "無い" but this word (Sorry, I don't know the official name for this writing style) isn't seen anywhere in the sentence "ここはキングテルサがその強大な力で現世ではない場所につくり出した空間". The actual word used was "ない" which simply or usually means "not". I'm guessing there's cultural reasons for this but going by what I've seen now , it's possible that what they meant is that the "space" King Boo created is not of this world, not heard of or seen, was not here or did not exist here before, among others. I didn't use too many for a point I'm about to bring up next but in all the other interpretations I've seen, there wasn't any implication of it being fake. One more thing: We should refrain from using translators. If people already agreed that they are inaccurate, then we shouldn't be using them to begin with. If we have official translators, we should be asking them instead. That's my own take matter. You can make the final decision.

Last edited:
I trust Dino's sense of judgement regarding Mario. I suppose that we can probably use the King Boo creation feat then, unless I misunderstood.

Well, this part is quite relevant, so at least it should get a proper translation before concluding this thread.

I did hear a response from Pritti saying that she was alright, but Sera has still been inactive. She mentioned she can't really speak for the rest, but thinks they're alright as well. But either way, she's still been very tied up IRL.

Okay. Let's hope that she rejoins our community soon then.

Edit: Sigh. I guess this isn’t the place to talk about my frustrations.

Good Luck, Mario Supporters out there. Congrats, Hagane_no_Saiyajin.

Last edited:
I also would like to point out that perhaps in Mario's profile we should move the claim about power stars to his Galaxy column, like so:

"TBA (Defeated Bowser several times, who turned Yoshi's world into a pop-up book. Fought King Boo who created several realms with many stars.) | Varies from Multi-Solar System level to Galaxy level (Comparable to Lumas, can defeat users of the Power Stars, which can create pocket dimensions full of stars. Can harm Power Moon users, which are comparable to Power Stars.)"

Also we still need to talk about Mario's speed, because there sure is a lot to uncover

I also would like to point out that perhaps in Mario's profile we should move the claim about power stars to his Galaxy column, like so:

"TBA (Defeated Bowser several times, who turned Yoshi's world into a pop-up book. Fought King Boo who created several realms with many stars.) | Varies from Multi-Solar System level to Galaxy level (Comparable to Lumas, can defeat users of the Power Stars, which can create pocket dimensions full of stars. Can harm Power Moon users, which are comparable to Power Stars.)"

Also we still need to talk about Mario's speed, because there sure is a lot to uncover
Eh? Yoshi creating power moons wasn't rejected yet. And don't forget about the power star feats from Super Mario 64, and Rosalina warping a a huuuuuge distance in Super Mario golf.

I know a guy who knows some great Japanese translators.

Not saying he'd ever do this, but it's entirely possible DatOneWeeb faked that translation.

The book had everything as a fake setting akin to a popup book while the things inside that (in the levels) are a product of Immersion, this is no 4-A feat. Even if it was, it was some spell Bowser used and we should be mindful of it simply scaling to the rest of his magic, as reality warping like that can go on its own.

And I think I should put the 64 feat into question anyway because it seem that some of the realms have their own history and possibly implied to have existed beforehand:

I think there might have been some mistranslantions

image0.png

4-A should still be a thing scaling from Power Stars, King Boo and these two:

Brobot seems to be more of phasing out of the level into space than really creating a realm, that's how I interpreted that

And I don't think anyone scales to Rosalina in particular, what was in 3D World for fanservice

The Pop-Up Book feat isn't 4-A. It's literally a pop-up book realm, the sun in the pop-up book's sky isn't real.
The book had everything as a fake setting akin to a popup book while the things inside that (in the levels) are a product of Immersion, this is no 4-A feat. Even if it was, it was some spell Bowser used and we should be mindful of it simply scaling to the rest of his magic, as reality warping like that can go on its own.

Anyone gonna address this? It's kind of an issue

This thread essentially turned into evaluating several of Mario's 4-A feats, so yes, it does relate to this thread.

The world inside paintings and walls is a form of Immersion too, otherwise the Fairly OddParents would be 2-C via making the universe from which Crimson Chin comes from and the parallel universe from which Nega-Chin comes from. The world isn't some separate, real dimension, being in the paintings and walls literally means being inside them. The feat has other problems too, Bowser's own power didn't do this but that all the stars, and "to create his own world" could be poetic, how does it line up to all the other descriptions about the matter?

Also, no need to point out more 4-A feats before the ones being discussed are dealt with, no one said "we're going to downgrade those 4-A stats" and therefore the response is unrelated, we need to deal with 1 thing at a time and not be sloppy about them.

The issue with saying it's immersion and not creation is that not every level is entered via a painting. See every Bowser level for example, those don't use paintings.

"Immersion is an ability which allows one to cross the boundary between fiction and reality and enter the imaginary locations depicted in books, paintings, movies etc. The places and time periods accessed through this ability are conceptual, as in they do not exist in reality, but users of this ability can still interact with and explore them like they can any place in the real world.

Examples of Immersion would be jumping through paintings into the worlds displayed on them, entering a book and becoming part of the story, and so on. Users can use this ability to retrieve weapons or other useful tools from fiction, evade attacks by entering these other fictional worlds, or use them to BFR or seal opponents. In many cases, users often need a medium that displays their target location as a gateway."

Doesn't mention creation, which is what Bowser was stated to do, and the description makes it more like traveling into fiction.

The issue with saying it's immersion and not creation is that not every level is entered via a painting. See every Bowser level for example, those don't use paintings.
The world Bowser was creating in the paintings and walls was a singular one, so other places transporting Mario into said world doesn't work as evidence of said world not being in the paintings and walls. Using Fairly OddParents as an example again, they didn't always go to the universe in the comic via going into a comic, let alone the same comic, but it was the same universe and they could go there via whatever. But forget I even gave an example, you should know this is something that can happen and is what the text says.

@ElixirBlue I'll later call many staff to fix the page in accordance with the standards of the wiki, leaving no room for doubts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back