• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated, but Infinite has Illusion Creation and he created a mini Sun that would've wiped away the planet. All his creation are illusions that interact with reality.

It's blatantly an illusion, it's stated to be one in every description and it behaves exactly like a distorted illusion.

I don't think that argument is enough to disavow it as AP. Especially since Luigi Mansion 1 has Luigi interacting with the Mansion and kept the Money that came with it.

The Japanese text makes no mentions of illusions, so this is your own headcanon.
Well, if its translation error, then it's more of a misconception.

Either way, the Money is undeniable proof of King Boo's power interacting with Reality.

I think you answered your own question?
Idk what country you live in where two people slapping each other with no blood or anything coming out is suddenly not suitable for children but I guess DBZ 4kids needs to be banned for kids. Or any fighting show in general.

Also yeah if it's a mistranslation illusion is bunk.

"This is a space created by King Boo's huge power in a place that doesn't belong to this world. Do you have the courage to fight there?"

Screenshot_20201120-031309.jpg

Alright, having read the entire thread, I agree that if it's a mistranslation King Boo (At least with the Crown) is 4-A. However, if the translation that DatOneWeeb provided us with is a mistranslation, then King Boo isn't 4-A (Unless a proper translation supports 4-A).

This is another translation:
Looking at that sentence on Jisho, I interpreted it as 'King created with his power has created a world that doesn't exist.'

This may or may not be interpreted as being an illusion
IDK how reliable Jisho is, but the whole "Not existing" thing would basically mean illusions.

From what I been told, Jisho is like Google Translate tier; in which that case it's horrible. You could use Word Hippo and attempt a translation one word at a time; but that would take to long and the sentence structure may sound off. It's best to ask a human being who speaks Japanese and English both fluently. Also, the paranormal portals are Universal over time, but it's just a destruction via dimensional collapsing and in context would not scale to anyone's durability. Also, if the paranormal dimension in particular was thing implied to have existed for a long while, then It would logically mean it is a legit body of space, but it makes it more questionable on whether or not he actually created it.

Unrelated, but Infinite has Illusion Creation and he created a mini Sun that would've wiped away the planet. All his creation are illusions that interact with reality.
Unrelated², but that's never stated. The Mini Sun would only have wiped out the Resistance Army. Infinite's illusions work in that they're so real that they trick your mind into believing they real, and you basically damage yourself.

It's very similar to how the movie Matrix works. The Matrix isn't real but if you take damage in the Matrix your brain replicates the effect of taking the damage in your real body, meaning you can die there.

Also, the paranormal portals are Universal over time, but it's just a destruction via dimensional collapsing and in context would not scale to anyone's durability.
Which reminds me, Low 2-C King Boo needs to go. The original text says only the mansion was gonna be destroyed

@DatOneWeeb actually, E-Gadd specifically says "Our Dimension". Literally meaning the dimension containing the Mushroom Kingdom. Before someone says "Dimension doesn't mean universe it could mean pocket reality," Mushroom Kingdom is located in the Milky Way Galaxy which is in tern located in a legit universe, so it is a Universal collapsing statement. It's fine as long as it's just an AP destruction feat exclusive no one scales from.

If it says the world doesn't exist, then money outside of that world existing or not is irrelevant.
Er, no. Because the Money didn’t come from another world. There wasn’t another world or anything similar to another world in Luigi’s Mansion 1.

The translation would only affect that one portion of Luigi’s Mansion 2. The money only relates to King Boo’s power, not the special dimension.

So, not irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back